Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
Rabbit in the headlights? I don't think that's fair.

The manager obviously realized we were being outnumbered.

In the second half, he made Aguero play deeper to match their numbers in a 451. It was a noticeable position shift so it was the manager's doing.

It wasn't going to be that effective attacking wise because Kun can't distribute and carry the ball like a true AM. Now Pellers knows, I hope.

It helped marginally and we started the half well until the shock 2nd goal put the player's head in the sand.

Silva was the real game changer in that position but was only fit enough for 20 min according to Pellegrini.

Whilst I would lump the lion's share of the blame for last night's debacle on the manager's head, there's no question he was let down by some of his players as well. Hart, Clichy, Nasty and, inevitably, Dzeko, all turned in error strewn performances too

My opinion now I have sobered up - we were beaten by a far superior team. That was a lesson in football. The work rate and movement off the ball from Bayern was great to see.

We need to be aspiring to that. We tend to be too static when we don't have the ball. I was disappointed but go to say was a pleasure watching Bayern play, also encouraged at how we played the last 20 mins or so.

Although Pep has picked up a truly great side, you could still see some difference in the way they are playing from how hey played last year

crystal_mais said:
Although Pep has picked up a truly great side, you could still see some difference in the way they are playing from how hey played last year

I posted last night that for me the way they played reminded me of the way Barca played in Mourinho's first few Classico's. There was a fearsome determination in Barca then, and in Bayern last night, to play us off the park. Their confidence, short and long range passing, their ability to find spaces was just off the scale. I actually felt like crying at one point in the first half because I felt sorry for all the players and everyone at the ground having to watch the keep the ball off us for fun.

No mistakes though - for the players that was a horribly chastening experience. They'll be better for it when we go to Munich.

BillyShears said:
crystal_mais said:

I posted last night that for me the way they played reminded me of the way Barca played in Mourinho's first few Classico's. There was a fearsome determination in Barca then, and in Bayern last night, to play us off the park. Their confidence, short and long range passing, their ability to find spaces was just off the scale. I actually felt like crying at one point in the first half because I felt sorry for all the players and everyone at the ground having to watch the keep the ball off us for fun.

No mistakes though - for the players that was a horribly chastening experience. They'll be better for it when we go to Munich.

Why-The manager will have given them all a cuddle afterwards and told them not to worry. As a match going fan I was pleased to see a team like Bayern.That is the target,will we ever reach it..Will we fuck.

Pellegrini isn't up to the job.
A total brain fart on the tactics front against Byern.
I can understand why he tried what he did but not to change things around for 75 minutes is just incompetent.

That said Byern were awesome and rightly applauded by the City faithful.

Every team in the Prem will no pack central midfield and overload on YaYa and Fernandiniho. I wonder how long it will take Pellegrini to come up with an answer? It had better be fairly quickly or the Prem title will be gone and possibly CL qualification as well.

I gave it Bob in spades when i felt it necessary and its only right i give it to Pellegrini also.

Last night was a debacle and capitulation both on and more worryingly, off it as well.

Unforgivable for a professional football manager to think he could get away with 2 against 3 in midfield in the first place at this level and worse still, to not react when every man and his dog can see its going tits up after 5 mins was inexplicable and a complete brain fart on his part.

Bayern where magnificent and we could have played a blinder and still lost to them such was their quality but we didn't have a blinder, we were absolutely fucking shocking and that is definitely not good enough in my book.

I think he has what it takes to turn it round and i still think we will win the PL but fuck me, performances like last night don't have ramp the pressure up and if he didn't know the size of the task beforehand, he certainly does now.

BlueAnorak said:
Pellegrini isn't up to the job.
A total brain fart on the tactics front against Byern.
I can understand why he tried what he did but not to change things around for 75 minutes is just incompetent.

That said Byern were awesome and rightly applauded by the City faithful.

Every team in the Prem will no pack central midfield and overload on YaYa and Fernandiniho. I wonder how long it will take Pellegrini to come up with an answer? It had better be fairly quickly or the Prem title will be gone and possibly CL qualification as well.

Definitely the latter unless we change our mindset and cut out the stupid defensive errors that have piled up of late.

We are good enough for a top four finish if the players really want it bad enough but I am not sure they are up for the fight.

blueinsa said:
I gave it Bob in spades when i felt it necessary and its only right i give it to Pellegrini also.

Last night was a debacle and capitulation both on and more worryingly, off it as well.

Unforgivable for a professional football manager to think he could get away with 2 against 3 in midfield in the first place at this level and worse still, to not react when every man and his dog can see its going tits up after 5 mins was inexplicable and a complete brain fart on his part.

Bayern where magnificent and we could have played a blinder and still lost to them such was their quality but we didn't have a blinder, we were absolutely fucking shocking and that is definitely not good enough in my book.

I think he has what it takes to turn it round and i still think we will win the PL but fuck me, performances like last night don't have ramp the pressure up and if he didn't know the size of the task beforehand, he certainly does now.

Just playing devil's advocate for a moment .... what were Pellegrini's options at half time if it's true that Silva couldn't play more than 20 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.