Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would like to see is:-
- Pellegrini to have given an absolute rocket to the team behind closed doors and basically warned them about their performance and future at this club
- Make some changes for the weekend
- I have tried to side with Dzeko but I've had enough now
- Sort his tactics out for this league especially away from home

The biggest issue with Mancini was he hung his players out to dry in the media, The likes of Ferguson never did it in public but more behind closed doors. I am hoping Pellegrini will do the same. Some of these players only turn up when they fancy it

I am hoping the DoF and Khaldoon are looking at shipping some of these buggers out

I for one have seen enough of Pellegrini, and so far unimpressed, I guess another six games without improvement will see him off. Football at our level is a serious and expensive business you cant afford to fuck about. After all he as had £100,000,000 to spend and a full pre-season tour, but serving up shit like Cardiff, Hull,Villa and last night.

TGR said:
Ducado said:
We have run of 6 tough games coming up, it's make or break time for him

Yep - it most certainly is. And just how confident are we that he will make it?
Its not for me to say as I am a long in the tooth gnarled old timer who defaults to negative
due to history and experience down the years. However on recent showings I think our
season will be over come the end of the said 6 games.

And me
Shown up for what we are last night

Just for my own edification ... hands up those who would prefer Pellegrini to be sacked asap.

Seems a lot of people are saying it without wanting to say it so be good to see who's got the courage of their convictions.

It was noticable that Bayern was not even playing 1 touch passing.
It was coming to them and they were immidiatley moving the ball to the next player, no touches just pass pass pass.
It was too fast and precise for us to cope with.

When we got the ball, despite being pressured, we received, turned and passed. Due to the lengh of time it took us to release the ball to the next player we were telegraphing our moved to the opposition and so they were putting pressure on the next player before they even had the ball.
So when they did get it a bayern player would take it off them.

Pep has taken the Barca model and put it into Bayern to amazing effect.
I didnt want Pep because I thought he would struggle to impose the Barca model onto another team but last night it was clear how effective it is.

MP needs time but the players need to press like Bayner and Barca before them do. Until they do this we will always struggle against them.

I do fear for our season at the rate the goals are going in though.
I do wonder why Dzeko is still being pipcked ahead of Negredo.
I thought Negredo wasnt all that before he came but ive been extremely impressed. He seems to have the pace of Aguero, the Strengh of Drogba and the work rate of Tevez.
I want to cuddle him and tell him were not really this shit before he wants to fook off back to spain.

BillyShears said:
Just for my own edification ... hands up those who would prefer Pellegrini to be sacked asap.

Seems a lot of people are saying it without wanting to say it so be good to see who's got the courage of their convictions.

Me why waste time.

BillyShears said:

I want him to prove that he's a tactically adept manager who can get the best of his players, as that's what he's been employed to do.

We've also sacked a very good manager to afford him this opportunity so he has to be given the time to take it.

However if I keep seeing 4-4-2 and conceded: 3 in the same match report with our name at the top then my position will naturally shift.

crystal_mais said:
What I would like to see is:-
- Pellegrini to have given an absolute rocket to the team behind closed doors and basically warned them about their performance and future at this club
- Make some changes for the weekend
- I have tried to side with Dzeko but I've had enough now
- Sort his tactics out for this league especially away from home

The biggest issue with Mancini was he hung his players out to dry in the media, The likes of Ferguson never did it in public but more behind closed doors. I am hoping Pellegrini will do the same. Some of these players only turn up when they fancy it

I am hoping the DoF and Khaldoon are looking at shipping some of these buggers out

Top post agree with everything you say.

So far I've bought into his philosophy of practising our set formation all week in training so everyone knows their jobs on a match day. It makes sense that we find our own style and try and stick to it as often as possible.
My concern after last night is that I took it for granted that there were exceptions to the rule, that there are certain games that you prepare differently due to the class of opposition, games where a traditional 4-4-2 will leave you exposed and open to domination.
What I hoped to see was a manager who can react throughout the game, one who can see early on when it's not quite right and move to change things mid game. I hate the old cliche that people go on about when they talk about a "Plan B" but if ever there was an example of one being needed it was last night.
It was a bad day at the office for Pellegrini, it would be foolish to think otherwise. He was let down by a lethargic looking team and a couple of errors that knocked the stuffing out of us, but make no mistake we were schooled last night because we allowed them the space to do it.
He's got a big task getting us mentally ready for Everton, as has been the way for large parts of the season a win will paper over any immediate cracks but until we find consistency there's going to be a little pressure on him.
Goes without saying I hope he pulls through but last night gave me my first real reason to worry.

BillyShears said:

He has to stay until the end of the season at least, unless the wheels totally fall off, which is extremely unlikely with the quality of players he has available. I have to say that I'd be speaking to Laudrup off the record about a possible vacancy at the end of the season as a contingency.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.