Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
robbieh said:
Ducado said:
We the fans will take to anyone who brings us success

Possibly. But I like many others took to Mancini straight away. Partly it was his undeniable style. But more importantly within days he turned a complete rabble into an organized unit. We even played an FA cup game with youngsters who have long gone, and the style was the same as the first team. In other words he gave the distinct impression he had a plan and knew what he was doing. OK it all went pair shaped in the end.

But with MP I have no idea what his plan is bar getting the ball forward a bit quicker. Less sideway passes for sure which is great but the defence is Hugheslike at the moment.

As a few have said the next 4 or 5 games will tell us if the United game was a one off against a poor side or we are capable of that sort of performance regularly against better opposition.

To be fair, we had a good team but the manager was very inept, Mancini was fairly experienced and knew exactly what was needed, but he took us as far as he could in my opinion

Hindsight I know but have you ever wondered what would have happened if the club backed him in the transfer window last summer and instead of just fucking him off maybe trying a different approach in having a word about his so called non holistic abrasive manner.Yes I know mate it's hindsight but still an interesting debate.One we shall never know the result of

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
1-The transitional period debate doesn't cut it any more..The performance against united proved that.
2-The freak result debate doesn't cut it anymore. Freak results are losing 1-0 to a minnow in the cup or Sunderland away last year when we absolutely battered them and created was it over 20 chances? Villa we played all pretty football but had the cutting edge of a plastic knife.
3-The let's give him time debate is the divisive issue for me. Yes let's give him time but how long is a piece of string.Do we say,ok whatever happens this season we stick with him? That makes the DOF's position in all this open to debate. Before everyone jumps down my throat I thought the reason we got rid of Mancini was because of our poor european record and his abrasive non holistic approach?

My opinion-He has 5 games from now to turn it around and prove me as a doubter wrong.

You are now the chairman of Manchester City Football Club, who are you bringing in to replace him?

1-The transitional period debate doesn't cut it any more..The performance against united proved that.
2-The freak result debate doesn't cut it anymore. Freak results are losing 1-0 to a minnow in the cup or Sunderland away last year when we absolutely battered them and created was it over 20 chances? Villa we played all pretty football but had the cutting edge of a plastic knife.
3-The let's give him time debate is the divisive issue for me. Yes let's give him time but how long is a piece of string.Do we say,ok whatever happens this season we stick with him? That makes the DOF's position in all this open to debate. Before everyone jumps down my throat I thought the reason we got rid of Mancini was because of our poor european record and his abrasive non holistic approach?

My opinion-He has 5 games from now to turn it around and prove me as a doubter wrong.

Everton H
West Ham A
Cska A
Chelsea A
Newcastle A

Tough 5 them pal..

LoveCity said:
There's a 0% chance he'll be sacked any time soon. If we're 5th or 6th and out of of the Champions League with 1/4 of the season to go, maybe someone will hit the panic button, but otherwise he'll be here a minimum of one season. If we finish 1st-3rd and reach the Champions League knock out stage, I think he will get a second season.

Also, most of the top managers were snapped up this summer so we missed out on our chance to get Davey the Chosen One, and if he went now there would be very few choices (Hiddink is overrated because of that good year with Chelsea... his Anzhi team were boring and not very good). City obviously wanted Pep Guardiola and you could see why yesterday... his attention to detail and tactical brain is astonishing, and I still think he'll coach us when he eventually leaves Bayern if Soriano and Txiki are still here.

IF and that's a big IF, Pellegrini doesn't work out, then I guess we might look at Simeone because of the La Liga connection and his outstanding work at Atletico who play like a team that could succeed in England with a lot of strength. I know the wet dream for many would be Klopp, but we don't seem to look at the Bundesliga much even though Bayern and BVB have been playing incredible football that is hard to play against for a while.

Right now though, Pellegrini is our coach and we should support him... despite dodgy results, there are still some great signs in this team and Bayern is our only genuinely bad performance just lately.

Most sensible post on here, much better than the drama queens who at a few bad results want the manager sacking again !

This was the best team in Europe FFS, admittedly the away games were white, but they were last season too, a few good results and then some bad ones. Things will improve, the owners will see to it, it's the long haul and if you don't like it then support Liverpool or some other team.

kp789 said:

When we create over 20 chances and do not take them I think we need to question the strikers not the manager.

Which Mancini did when they needed it-Look where that got us!!!

JoeMercer'sWay said:

just to be clear, what do you expect from those 5 games? 5 wins, 4 wins 1 draw? 3 wins 2 draws?

Everton- win. West ham - win Chelsea - draw Moscow- draw Norwich- win.

I haven't included Newcastle as won't be first team

Danamy said:

You are now the chairman of Manchester City Football Club, who are you bringing in to replace him?

You won't like it.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:22 pm --<br /><br />
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

just to be clear, what do you expect from those 5 games? 5 wins, 4 wins 1 draw? 3 wins 2 draws?

Only difference for me is this:-
Everton-Win
West Ham-Win
Chelsea-Win
Moscow-Win (however I think he will play not to lose)
Norwich Win

Danamy said:

He wouldn't have sacked the previous manager in the first place is what SHB effectively said in his post.
However the answer to your question is Hiddink.

Danamy said:

In fairness that isn't Alex's job.
He is merely highlighting legitimate concerns regarding the current gaffer.
When he is paid vast amounts of money such as the astronomical fees we are paying those two Spanish blokes for not very much, then you have the right to ask him.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Thats what I would expect as well , as for getting it?????..............well...............er...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.