Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
BillyShears said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Seriously mate-If you can't debate properly and accept lots of fans have doubts then why post shit like that. It's an interesting debate tonight,no snideness anywhere then you come along and act like a fucking schoolgirl!!!
For what it's worth.I don't want anyone to fail-How many times.I have genuine genuine concerns-that is all.

Fuck me am I the only person who read this post and then had an overwhelming urge to do the rest of this year's ironing!

Yes.

Evening Ray..Cheers fella but Billy doesn't ever resppnd to me so I will just keep it civil from now on with him-Saves me getting yet another ban...
Evening mods :-)

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Danamy said:
1-The transitional period debate doesn't cut it any more..The performance against united proved that.
2-The freak result debate doesn't cut it anymore. Freak results are losing 1-0 to a minnow in the cup or Sunderland away last year when we absolutely battered them and created was it over 20 chances? Villa we played all pretty football but had the cutting edge of a plastic knife.
3-The let's give him time debate is the divisive issue for me. Yes let's give him time but how long is a piece of string.Do we say,ok whatever happens this season we stick with him? That makes the DOF's position in all this open to debate. Before everyone jumps down my throat I thought the reason we got rid of Mancini was because of our poor european record and his abrasive non holistic approach?

My opinion-He has 5 games from now to turn it around and prove me as a doubter wrong.

You are now the chairman of Manchester City Football Club, who are you bringing in to replace him?

In fairness that isn't Alex's job.
He is merely highlighting legitimate concerns regarding the current gaffer.
When he is paid vast amounts of money such as the astronomical fees we are paying those two Spanish blokes for not very much, then you have the right to ask him.

Blimey our clubs in turmoil, we've got a clueless manager, we've got a couple of Spanish dudes that sit around doing fuck all and the foods shit in the ground.

Roll on when the training complex finishes so we can all have a moan about the colour of the paint in the toilets.

sam-caddick said:
The cookie monster said:
Everton H
West Ham A
Cska A
Chelsea A
Newcastle A

Tough 5 them pal..

Wow, I can see us getting nothing away to West Ham and Chelsea, maybe two points from two draws, but not wins.

Tough times ahead for the team.

My predictions: (for what it's worth)

Everton - win
West Ham - draw
CSK - draw
Chelsea - lose
Newcastle - win

bluemcr said:
1-The transitional period debate doesn't cut it any more..The performance against united proved that.
2-The freak result debate doesn't cut it anymore. Freak results are losing 1-0 to a minnow in the cup or Sunderland away last year when we absolutely battered them and created was it over 20 chances? Villa we played all pretty football but had the cutting edge of a plastic knife.
3-The let's give him time debate is the divisive issue for me. Yes let's give him time but how long is a piece of string.Do we say,ok whatever happens this season we stick with him? That makes the DOF's position in all this open to debate. Before everyone jumps down my throat I thought the reason we got rid of Mancini was because of our poor european record and his abrasive non holistic approach?

My opinion-He has 5 games from now to turn it around and prove me as a doubter wrong.
If it all goes belly up, I will chip in with my tupence for a party and give you your deserved gold star. That's what you want.
If he is a success then all you have to do is hide behind your computer
and apoligise. I'm sorry but I will take the optimistic approach.

Seriously mate-If you can't debate properly and accept lots of fans have doubts then why post shit like that. It's an interesting debate tonight,no snideness anywhere then you come along and act like a fucking schoolgirl!!!
For what it's worth.I don't want anyone to fail-How many times.I have genuine genuine concerns-that is all.
We all as city fans want nothing more than to see us win more trophies and be successful,but like you i am worried and have my doubts but hope I'm wrong,but have stated on here that (and i have nothing against manuel pellegrini) i hope we are not seeing another ramos /scolari appointment.....

Shaelumstash said:
The strongest mental toughness in the world won't get you the ball back when you're playing the European Champions 6 against 4 in midfield.
For the most part it was 6 against 2, never mind 4. Our fullbacks didn't appear to spend much time as part of the defence either, so once they got past our 2 midfielders it was 4 against 2 at the back. Meanwhile our 2 strikers might as well have been on a different pitch.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Danamy said:
Come on the suspense is killing me of this manager that's currently available to take us forward?

Arrrr you didn't say available mate. For the record mate-I don't want him to be sacked I am just posting some very genuine concerns I have.

Evening SHBE
After last season, 11 points behind Utd in the league, out of the Carling Cup in the 1st round after conceding 4 at home to a poor Villa team, losing to relegated Wigan in the Cup final, player rows, staff morale very low and no wins from 6 in the Champions League and you'd seriously have Mancini back? Just what aspect of this hugely successful 2012/13 season do you think merits Mancini being back in charge and been trusted with a £100 million summer spending kitty?

Evening fella-Not being rude or owt but where have I ever said I want him back??
If you look at my posts I have said on several occasions that we were going backwards with Mancini yet his trophy count maybe blinkered my view. You should Never go back.
My issue is just the way he was fucked off and the backhanded,sly way that the Spanish mafia went about it..Oh not to mention certain players-Evening Joe,how's the near post mate......

So we stick with a manager who is looking increasingly clueless because St Helens Blue can't come up with a replacement?
What could possibly go wrong?
Our club pay folks millions to make key decisions.
I love him like a brother, but SHB is not one of them.
Why not ask Tixylix, or that other Spanish fuckwit who is currently stealing a living instead?

kp789 said:
More than a couple, my friend.
Patience is one thing, but watching one of the supposed managerial hottest properties in Europe bereft of inspiration and looking baffled on the touchline when a blind man with a stick can what see the problem is something else, and it hardly inspires confidence for the future.
I want to be wrong, I really do.
But right now I have the nagging doubt that I may be horribly right.
Ok, I appreciate what you are saying, I want to put it down to the fact that he does not seem to be very animated on the touchline which we are used to with Mancini. Maybe I am just to optimistic to be a city fan. I just think that he can do a job and once he settles in, will do so. Last night it was obvious that the players felt over awed, we were tactically bang wrong and to their credit, Bayern smashed us. To soften the blow we can take into account the incredible quality in their squad (although we too have this, maybe not to their level but not too far if you look at individuals) and the quality of their manager who is a genius in my opinion. I would rate him as the best in the world at the moment and at such a young age for a manager, can only get better. I can see him and Martinez (slate me for it but I think he is quality) becoming the two best and at such an early stage in their managerial careers.

I certainly won't slate you regarding Martinez.
He is astute, erudite, ( I know most on here think that is a type of adhesive ), and a keen student of the game who I have a lot of time for.
When Mancini went, I was one of the very few who wanted him as a replacement on here, but hey ho.
I fervently hope you are right on this one.
If you are, I will gladly buy you a pint.
Or several.
I would take Martinez in a second (Not saying I want Pellegrini out, just that Martinez will be one of the best if not the best manager in the world and will go down as one of the greatest. Agree with all your comments on him and his sheer eye for detail which goes straight under the radar to many. Not only this but he can instill such confidence in players who may not be the greatest superstars, while playing attractive and effective football. With all due respect to Wigan who humbled us last season, that side should not have been in the Prem for as long as it was. Without Martinez, it would not have been. Fair play to Bill Kenwright for taking the 'risk' as some may see it in hiring him, although we can now see that it was not a risk at all but a major upgrade. Everyone who slated and said Moyes did well with little resources can now open their eyes and see the massive difference in what Moyes achieved at Everton and Martinez at Wigan. These same people can also see how Martinez walked into a club and within a couple of games, transformed it completely, in almost an instant (painful when you see how quickly he has adapted in comparison to MP but everyone is different) from playing boring, scrappy and dirty football under Moyes into attractive, fast, flair football with pretty much the same squad!

Dave Whelan was not kidding when he said that he would never sack Martinez because he could see how brilliant he is, maybe others will start to realise this too. I cannot see him being at Everton for a long period of time, even with his loyalty.
On top of all this he seems like a genuinely lovely bloke.

In regards to Pellers, just give him till Jan and then see where we are and whether our football philosophy is working. I would be interested if not, to see how Txiki and Soriano step in in regards to how they want us to play.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Arrrr you didn't say available mate. For the record mate-I don't want him to be sacked I am just posting some very genuine concerns I have.

Evening SHBE
After last season, 11 points behind Utd in the league, out of the Carling Cup in the 1st round after conceding 4 at home to a poor Villa team, losing to relegated Wigan in the Cup final, player rows, staff morale very low and no wins from 6 in the Champions League and you'd seriously have Mancini back? Just what aspect of this hugely successful 2012/13 season do you think merits Mancini being back in charge and been trusted with a £100 million summer spending kitty?

Evening fella-Not being rude or owt but where have I ever said I want him back??
If you look at my posts I have said on several occasions that we were going backwards with Mancini yet his trophy count maybe blinkered my view. You should Never go back.
My issue is just the way he was fucked off and the backhanded,sly way that the Spanish mafia went about it..Oh not to mention certain players-Evening Joe,how's the near post mate......

Yeah, apologies, just seen your later post when you listed whom you'd rather have. Sorry, just got the impression you were keen to have ol' Bobby Boy back. I do think you need to give MP more of a chance though

deano ou812 said:
bluemcr said:
If it all goes belly up, I will chip in with my tupence for a party and give you your deserved gold star. That's what you want.
If he is a success then all you have to do is hide behind your computer
and apoligise. I'm sorry but I will take the optimistic approach.

We all as city fans want nothing more than to see us win more trophies and be successful,but like you i am worried and have my doubts but hope I'm wrong,but have stated on here that (and i have nothing against manuel pellegrini) i hope we are not seeing another ramos /scolari appointment.....
Thats exactly what we have got Ramos MK2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.