Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
In fairness that isn't Alex's job.
He is merely highlighting legitimate concerns regarding the current gaffer.
When he is paid vast amounts of money such as the astronomical fees we are paying those two Spanish blokes for not very much, then you have the right to ask him.

Blimey our clubs in turmoil, we've got a clueless manager, we've got a couple of Spanish dudes that sit around doing fuck all and the foods shit in the ground.

Roll on when the training complex finishes so we can all have a moan about the colour of the paint in the toilets.

The vilification of Txiki and Ferran is baffling. Again there's reasons to criticise Txiki because recruitment is his job. But outright hostility to an executive who's been in the job less than a year and is replacing public enemy number 1 aka Brian Marwood? I think it's because no one has the balls to take it out on our owner or chairman.

Give it time, it'll come

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
TGR said:
BillyShears said:
Fuck me am I the only person who read this post and then had an overwhelming urge to do the rest of this year's ironing!

Yes.

Evening Ray..Cheers fella but Billy doesn't ever resppnd to me so I will just keep it civil from now on with him-Saves me getting yet another ban...
Evening mods :-)

He's probably foed you pal.

You're right though, it's very noticeable that our Billy is very selective who he responds to and doesn't seem to be able to take anything like he gives out.

I'd just ignore him if he winds you up that much. Attention starvation is probably your best weapon ;.)

Become ridiculous reading this thread... sack a new manager whos been incharge for 8 games, including one of the best city displays I ve ever seen (vs united)... if you dont want to accept mancini was a failure and his style of management will never have a long term future then thats fine but please can people accept if we sack pellegrini, then we can keep going down this road and never develop a long term strategy thus a manager of guardiola's quality will NEVER be interested in joining us... (just like he wouldnt join chelsea)

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
When he is paid vast amounts of money such as the astronomical fees we are paying those two Spanish blokes for not very much, then you have the right to ask him.

Blimey our clubs in turmoil, we've got a clueless manager, we've got a couple of Spanish dudes that sit around doing fuck all and the foods shit in the ground.

Roll on when the training complex finishes so we can all have a moan about the colour of the paint in the toilets.

The vilification of Txiki and Ferran is baffling. Again there's reasons to criticise Txiki because recruitment is his job. But outright hostility to an executive who's been in the job less than a year and is replacing public enemy number 1 aka Brian Marwood? I think it's because no one has the balls to take it out on our owner or chairman.
Never bite the hand that feeds,if we turned on our owner maybe he would sell up,we could go back to fighting off relegation or be bottom half of the table,but we would be everyone's favourite second team again....

moomba said:
worsleyweb said:
I remain convinced he won't last long. Fans haven't taken to him at all. Seems dour and does not seem pleased to be here.

Its an interesting point. I dont think he's opened up enough. Dont know who he is, what his philosophy is, who his inspirations are, what he thinks we are capable of.

I dont want to go into a Mancini v Pellegrini debate but I think we took to RM straight away and I dont think it would take too much effort to ingratiate him with the fans.

He does seem a bit dour at the moment and from my limited knowledge of him he's not really like that.

Maybe a puff piece or an artificial bit of passion on the sidelines would help. Its all PR but I must admit I dont really know what the bloke stands for or wants to do with the club. And it does make it hard to warm to him.

On the pitch where its important, /I've bounced back from last night. We'll go into November 1st or second in the league, clear 2nd in the champions league and through to the next stage of the cup (QF's?).

And we'll all be wondering what the fuss was about.

I'm not sure about everyone taking to Mancini straight away. The football was dour for the first 6 months while he sorted the defence out and it took some time for the majority to be on board.

Maybe Pellegrini thought our defence was solid, with good reason and has therefore not focused on this and gone too gung ho. The defence has let him down big style this season so like all good managers he needs to go back to not conceding first and rely on the quality of our offensive players to do the job.

I would happily take five 1-0's at the moment

Mancini is gone.
I didn't want it to happen, but it did.
I dealt with it.
But I kinda hoped that his much-vaunted replacement would be an improvement.
He spent a lot of money, and yet the team are now disjointed and often look like strangers who have met up for a knockabout on the beach on holiday.
He frequently looks confused and lacking ideas.
His substitutions often make no sense.
4-4-2 went out with flared trousers, yet the current gaffer considers it cutting edge.
Players are underperforming on an epic scale.
Right now, and I feel dirty even thinking it, Harry Benttwat would be an improvement.

Well, we're through to the 2nd round of the Carling Cup - improvement, we've got 3 points from 2 games in the CL which is also better than same stage last year and we're not far off what we had at the same point in the league campaign so it's not like we're miles worse than under Bobby 12 months ago. I'm not saying everything is fantastically wonderful to date under MP and I have some concerns about certain aspects (this apparant religious devotion to the 4-4-2 being one) but on the other hand, some bits have been better.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

What the fuck are you on about?
Txiki recruited this clueless gaffer, so obviously he takes the rap.
As to our owner, what on earth does he have to do with anything?
He has ploughed countless millions into the club.
Nobody is accusing him of being to blame.
He singlehandedly bankrolled us to be in the position we are.
He doesn't pick the fucking team.
He doesn't play every week.
But for the money he pays the useless cunts that currently do, he is entitled to ask questions.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Mancini is gone.
I didn't want it to happen, but it did.
I dealt with it.
But I kinda hoped that his much-vaunted replacement would be an improvement.
He spent a lot of money, and yet the team are now disjointed and often look like strangers who have met up for a knockabout on the beach on holiday.
He frequently looks confused and lacking ideas.
His substitutions often make no sense.
4-4-2 went out with flared trousers, yet the current gaffer considers it cutting edge.
Players are underperforming on an epic scale.
Right now, and I feel dirty even thinking it, Harry Benttwat would be an improvement.

Well, we're through to the 2nd round of the Carling Cup - improvement, we've got 3 points from 2 games in the CL which is also better than same stage last year and we're not far off what we had at the same point in the league campaign so it's not like we're miles worse than under Bobby 12 months ago. I'm not saying everything is fantastically wonderful to date under MP and I have some concerns about certain aspects (this apparant religious devotion to the 4-4-2 being one) but on the other hand, some bits have been better.
Please tell me the cl point was typed in error..we played plzen mate..a pub team..come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.