Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Mancini is gone.
I didn't want it to happen, but it did.
I dealt with it.
But I kinda hoped that his much-vaunted replacement would be an improvement.
He spent a lot of money, and yet the team are now disjointed and often look like strangers who have met up for a knockabout on the beach on holiday.
He frequently looks confused and lacking ideas.
His substitutions often make no sense.
4-4-2 went out with flared trousers, yet the current gaffer considers it cutting edge.
Players are underperforming on an epic scale.
Right now, and I feel dirty even thinking it, Harry Benttwat would be an improvement.
I would feel dirty as well Fetlocks but i think you are right

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Reading this thread it seems increasingly the case that Pellegrini has no repartee with some of our fans.....
He needs to gets his blue and white scarf on pal....<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:12 pm --<br /><br />
blue underpants said:
Mancini is gone.
I dealt with it.
He spent a lot of money, and yet the team are now disjointed and often look like strangers who have met up for a knockabout on the beach on holiday.
4-4-2 went out with flared trousers, yet the current gaffer considers it cutting edge.
Right now, and I feel dirty even thinking it, Harry Benttwat would be an improvement.
Bet he would do well here.

It's perfectly understandable for us to be angry after last nights non performance, true there have been some bad games, but I think most sane and sensible blues will give Pellegrini some more time.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Mancini is gone.
I dealt with it.

Well, we're through to the 2nd round of the Carling Cup - improvement, we've got 3 points from 2 games in the CL which is also better than same stage last year and we're not far off what we had at the same point in the league campaign so it's not like we're miles worse than under Bobby 12 months ago. I'm not saying everything is fantastically wonderful to date under MP and I have some concerns about certain aspects (this apparant religious devotion to the 4-4-2 being one) but on the other hand, some bits have been better.
Please tell me the cl point was typed in error..we played plzen mate..a pub team..come on.

Oi! I thought you were off to yer bed half an hour ago for that early start tomorrow

Marvin said:
Marvin said:
Turn what around?

We lost against the European Champions and are what 6th or 7th after a handful of games

Bonkers

Marv-The loss against Bayern is not a problem. The manner of the loss and the total lack of tactical nouse shown by the manager to stem the flow is what is concerning.As Fetters has said,If myself,my 12yr old lad and every other city fan could see what was happening,then why couldn't the boss?
He needs to turn our away form around.
The manner of the loss had nothing at all to do with tactics

I said the same last season about our losses In Europe. It's mental and has little to do with the respective managers

I saw player's confidence ebb as they made silly errors. Just like Ajax at home last season. hart making a handling error was far more key than what formation we were set up in

I agree we need to improve our away results, but our performances have improved

I think it's wrong to dwell on a European game where we struggle, especially when it's against a team who are arguably the best ever team

We need to put a run of results together now, starting with a difficult game against Everton

I think tactics played their part last night but I agree that the mental side of it was a big factor and is a constant issue for City. I just watched the tv coverage of the game up to the first goal and we were doing OK up to that point and then conceded needlessly: Hart should have stopped that shot. I think that goal lifted Bayern and Some of the City players had that "oh here we go again in Europe" going on in their heads.

I also looked at the other goals and the second is another absolute horror, which came after we made an OK, start to the second half. Terrible defending by Clichy and Hart could have done better. Again this had nothing to do with tactics but I am damn sure it affected the players mentally.

Pellegrini got things wrong last night but I can still sympathise with him sticking to his guns on how he wants his team to play. I also sympathise with what I see as one of the problems he has to overcome with the players he inherited: their mental fragility. There is hope though on that score: if successive bayern managers can bet Robben pressing and tracking back, Pellegrini can hope to intstil more mental strength in his players. I think he is already having a positive effect on Nasri.

blue underpants said:
Mancini is gone.
I dealt with it.

Redknapp's Spurs played in the same outdated style with a bit of hoofball thrown in.

Well, we're through to the 2nd round of the Carling Cup - improvement, we've got 3 points from 2 games in the CL which is also better than same stage last year and we're not far off what we had at the same point in the league campaign so it's not like we're miles worse than under Bobby 12 months ago. I'm not saying everything is fantastically wonderful to date under MP and I have some concerns about certain aspects (this apparant religious devotion to the 4-4-2 being one) but on the other hand, some bits have been better.
Please tell me the cl point was typed in error..we played plzen mate..a pub team..come on.

Oi! I thought you were off to yer bed half an hour ago for that early start tomorrow

Im in bed.shes ripping em out so no chance for me tonight..lol
Bluemoon will do for a while....

Mancini is gone.
I dealt with it.

You start to lose the argument when you start to undermine the team you claim to support, decrying any of our victories makes you look small time

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
Blimey our clubs in turmoil, we've got a clueless manager, we've got a couple of Spanish dudes that sit around doing fuck all and the foods shit in the ground.

Roll on when the training complex finishes so we can all have a moan about the colour of the paint in the toilets.

The vilification of Txiki and Ferran is baffling. Again there's reasons to criticise Txiki because recruitment is his job. But outright hostility to an executive who's been in the job less than a year and is replacing public enemy number 1 aka Brian Marwood? I think it's because no one has the balls to take it out on our owner or chairman.

What the fuck are you on about?
Txiki recruited this clueless gaffer, so obviously he takes the rap.

He takes the rap when his changes have failed. Long way away from that point and if at the end of the year we've gone backwards or even sideways he deserves every bit of criticism he gets. But its early days yet.

Ducado said:
It's perfectly understandable for us to be angry after last nights non performance, true there have been some bad games, but I think most sane and sensible blues will give Pellegrini some more time.

Hmmmmmm..........you was doing well until you got to the bit in bold. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.