Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:
Over the last decade he has achieved the following:
Got South Korea to the World Cup Semi final.
Won his 4th, 5th and 6th Dutch title with PSV making him the most decorated Dutch manager in history.
Got PSV to the 2005 CL Semi final, only going out on away goals to AC Milan.
Got Russia to the Euro's semi final.
Qualified Australia for their first World Cup in 32 years.
Took Anzi to the semi finals of the EL, the best European performance in their history.
Won the FA Cup with Chelsea.
Took Chelsea to the CL semi finals, and only lost out to a controversial 94th minute goal to Barcelona. They went out on away goals.
Lost only one match in charge of Chelsea.

But aside from his achievments, he's not abraisive, he's not a pushover. He's experienced at dealing with big players. Adaptable to a variety of systems. Great record in Europe and England. 2 year deal he's be absolutely ideal until we can go all out for Klopp or Pep.

Danamy / LoveCity - your response?

Hiddink has looked a spent force to me. His last two jobs (Turkey, Anzhi) haven't been successes, despite the above guy's attempt to present his Anzhi spell as a positive. Europa League semis he says - which is a lie as they were knocked out by Newcastle in the Round of 16, but even so their Europa League participation came after finishing 3rd in the Russian league (massively weaker than the English league) with the biggest budget when the expectation had been Champions League.

Anzhi's best European performance ever he says - it was only their second time ever in Europe, because they were a nothing club with only 5 seasons in the Russian top flight before the financial investment.

While looking at Hiddink's history, he conveniently ignores his recent failings such as underachieving at wealthy Anzhi and failing to get Turkey into Euro 2012 and resigning after a thrashing from Croatia.

Chelsea was his last good spell yet why haven't they gone calling for him since when they have changed managers so many times? Probably because they have been assessing his performances since he left his 6-month spell there and have seen his deterioration as a coach as the new wave of managers become more relevant.

Hiddink would not be an upgrade on Pellegrini. Pellegrini has been a more relevant club coach just recently. Where has the demand from top clubs been for Hiddink recently? Pellegrini had PSG, Porto and City offering him a job, while being behind only Pep on Bayern's shortlist.

His record at Chelsea was unbelievable with a win rate in the 70's I believe but I'm with you that he's a spent force now.

Danamy said:
His record at Chelsea was unbelievable with a win rate in the 70's I believe but I'm with you that he's a spent force now.

So Hiddink ? Is that the BEST they've come up with .... hahahahahahahahahaha. Brilliant.

Definitely got me considering joining their "OUT" movement.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
Is that with patience and stability or without, I'm getting confused now?

Mate ... you're not paying attention ... patience and stability are sooooooooooooooo last season. This season's en vogue look is knee jerk and uninformed.

Sorry Billy - we just pay our money and go every week, which explains how uninformed we are.
Clearly you have a far clearer view from your Parisian bedsit watching on cable.
Please don't try and patronise match-going blues.
Otherwise I shall be compelled to point out that you are a mere tourist, and that would never do.

+1

Anyone who disagrees with Billy's profound insight on football is 'uniformed'.
It's amazing what you can pick up from the SKY pundits isn't it?

BobKowalski said:
LoveCity said:
TGR said:
So why didn't your fellow mod say that?

I don't know but Hiddink isn't the answer to any question. There is no 'quick fix' solution out there even if we do need a 'quick fix', which we may not yet. A lot of Pellegrini teams have a history or starting slowly then becoming fantastic once everyone adapts to his system.

I have asked before but what exactly is this system that seemingly takes a long time for players to adapt to? Why and how is it so radically different from our previous system or style of play? How is it that Pep manages to change BM's style of play successfully - a style of play that has a RB running the midfield - within the same time period as Pellers has had at City? For that matter how has Martinez managed to change Everton's style of play from the dour fare under Moyes to a more pleasing and, so far, effective style of play with a squad that has had two late loan signings grafted onto it whereas we signed our players early and took them on an extensive pre season so that everything would bed in for the start of the season?

Everyone talks about Pellers style of play as if it were some obscure religious tome which requires a degree of blind faith that salvation will be upon us at some unspecified point in the future. Before the season started I swear I was told that it would be fluid 433 with us needing 2 main line strikers at most and it would be like Barca. Then we retained and bought strikers and now we have to play 2 of them and its 442 which is fine as long as the opposition does the same and aren't as good as us and even the Pellergrini faithful are baffled as this is nothing like the 'glory' days at Villerreal or Malaga. Is it in truth Pellers system or F&T dictating the preferred system and style of play?

I have no faith in Pellers so I can't just do the 'it will be ok trust in MP' as I have nothing on which to base that faith. I don't see it on the pitch and even when we do play well I know its because the opposition is putting us under zero pressure and when they do we collapse into a soggy mess.

I am not looking for a 'quick fix' I just want us to retain the foundations of the work done over the last 3 years and build an even better team on top of them. Just as BM are doing under Pep.

Enlighten me.
My thoughts completely,couldnt have put it better.

Danamy said:
Danamy said:
Is that with patience and stability or without, I'm getting confused now?

Get up, leave your seat, and walk out of the mod room.
Your confusion will decrease exponentially.

You don't mean that do you, I'm actually one of the mods that don't mind you as a poster? ;-)
I thought you all loved him.

Sorry about the typo, it should of read thought he was a twat. Sorry NF, do I have to do a smiley thingy? Where's that bloody absinthe.

carlosthejackal said:
The Future's Blue said:
There were many arguments last season about where we were heading but he reality was that we probably knew it was a bit of a letdown. Where we go this season is so unpredictable that we should be able to push on regardless.

Let Pellegrini do hs stuff and see where it ends. Afterall, it can't be as bad as last season?
Runners up and FA Cup finalists i have known poorer seasons.
Not bad, could've been better. Maybe a league cup semi is good enough this season?

To be honest it's been 24hrs and i've held my counsel.
It was painful but last night he looked like Sven with hair.
It seems like we all had a solution except him.
He looked clueless and as for his assistant?... well you all saw it.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

So Hiddink ? Is that the BEST they've come up with .... hahahahahahahahahaha. Brilliant.

Definitely got me considering joining their "OUT" movement.

So is the current rationale amounts to 'nobody half decent is available, so we'll let the bloke we are saddled with carry on blindly fucking up and hoping for the best'?
It isn't our job to find a replacement Billy.
We pay some Spanish bloke a lot of money to do just that.

We pay some Spanish bloke a lot of money to do just that.

You match going massives barely cover the fucking electricity bill.

Check the finances at City next time you get a chance. Might clue you in as to why the last clown got sacked and why crying about not backing him was well wide of the mark ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.