Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
His record at Chelsea was unbelievable with a win rate in the 70's I believe but I'm with you that he's a spent force now.

So Hiddink ? Is that the BEST they've come up with .... hahahahahahahahahaha. Brilliant.

Definitely got me considering joining their "OUT" movement.

So is the current rationale amounts to 'nobody half decent is available, so we'll let the bloke we are saddled with carry on blindly fucking up and hoping for the best'?
It isn't our job to find a replacement Billy.
We pay some Spanish bloke a lot of money to do just that.

No we dont pay him anything

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
His record at Chelsea was unbelievable with a win rate in the 70's I believe but I'm with you that he's a spent force now.

So Hiddink ? Is that the BEST they've come up with .... hahahahahahahahahaha. Brilliant.

and the best your lot came up with was a man who's won even less.

Just sayin', didn't stop your out movement last season that dragged on and on till we got the 4-10th choice depending on the poster.

Danamy said:

Hiddink's Anzhi were painful on the eyes. They seemed to play in slow motion and it was like Mancini's early City team where we were dour and defensive, except much worse. Hiddink wasn't limited by budget at Anzhi and was able to sign some big hitters but the football was turgid.

The next manager after Pellegrini, whenever that may be (probably 2-3 years unless Pellegrini fails spectacularly), should be someone young and modern with fresh ideas - not Hiddink who is years older than Pellegrini who some have called 'old'. A lot of the best managers established or emerging now are young like Guardiola, Klopp, Simeone, Conte, De Boer, Laudrup, and AVB. All of them have very hard working and well organised teams (Spurs a work in progress but looking good). Mancini was a young coach too, but seemed to lack the tactical brain of the Guardiolas and Klopps, and so failed in Europe and had no answers when domestic teams sussed out his style (hence the increase in draws and defeats after that swashbuckling half season).

BillyShears said:

You match going massives barely cover the fucking electricity bill.

Check the finances at City next time you get a chance. Might clue you in as to why the last clown got sacked and why crying about not backing him was well wide of the mark ...

Yeah man thank fuck for your sky sub.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

So is the current rationale amounts to 'nobody half decent is available, so we'll let the bloke we are saddled with carry on blindly fucking up and hoping for the best'?

It's our job to chew the fat and we've certainly done that tonight, this thread gripped me more than the Swansea game that I had on in the background, that's for sure.

bluemoon73 said:
BillyShears said:

Check the finances at City next time you get a chance. Might clue you in as to why the last clown got sacked and why crying about not backing him was well wide of the mark ...

Manchester City Football Club Income Breakdown (per season)

Gate and matchday: £22m

TV and broadcasting: £88m

BobKowalski said:
LoveCity said:
TGR said:
So why didn't your fellow mod say that?

I don't know but Hiddink isn't the answer to any question. There is no 'quick fix' solution out there even if we do need a 'quick fix', which we may not yet. A lot of Pellegrini teams have a history or starting slowly then becoming fantastic once everyone adapts to his system.

I have asked before but what exactly is this system that seemingly takes a long time for players to adapt to? Why and how is it so radically different from our previous system or style of play? How is it that Pep manages to change BM's style of play successfully - a style of play that has a RB running the midfield - within the same time period as Pellers has had at City? For that matter how has Martinez managed to change Everton's style of play from the dour fare under Moyes to a more pleasing and, so far, effective style of play with a squad that has had two late loan signings grafted onto it whereas we signed our players early and took them on an extensive pre season so that everything would bed in for the start of the season?

Everyone talks about Pellers style of play as if it were some obscure religious tome which requires a degree of blind faith that salvation will be upon us at some unspecified point in the future. Before the season started I swear I was told that it would be fluid 433 with us needing 2 main line strikers at most and it would be like Barca. Then we retained and bought strikers and now we have to play 2 of them and its 442 which is fine as long as the opposition does the same and aren't as good as us and even the Pellergrini faithful are baffled as this is nothing like the 'glory' days at Villerreal or Malaga. Is it in truth Pellers system or F&T dictating the preferred system and style of play?

I have no faith in Pellers so I can't just do the 'it will be ok trust in MP' as I have nothing on which to base that faith. I don't see it on the pitch and even when we do play well I know its because the opposition is putting us under zero pressure and when they do we collapse into a soggy mess.

I am not looking for a 'quick fix' I just want us to retain the foundations of the work done over the last 3 years and build an even better team on top of them. Just as BM are doing under Pep.

Enlighten me.

Billy, according to you this poster is both 'knee jerk & 'uniformed'. Please enlighten him. The forum awaits your considered and detailed response...

Danamy said:
BillyShears said:

It's our job to chew the fat and we've certainly done that tonight, this thread gripped me more than the Swansea game that I had on in the background, that's for sure.

a thread about counting scrotum hairs could amount to the same result compared to the Europa League offerings tonight.<br /><br />-- Oct 3rd, '13, 22:28 --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
bluemoon73 said:
BillyShears said:

Manchester City Football Club Income Breakdown (per season)

Gate and matchday: £22m

TV and broadcasting: £88m

so that makes your opinion 4 times more right?

and have you factored in every current "doubter" who has a Sky sub?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
and the best your lot came up with was a man who's won even less.

Just sayin', didn't stop your out movement last season that dragged on and on till we got the 4-10th choice depending on the poster.

Certainly if you don't count winning trophies in S America but count trophies in Holland then yes, you're bang on he's won less. Otherwise, well you're wrong. Pellegrini and Hiddink have similar records. Only Pellegrini's star was shining a few months back ... Hiddink's half a decade ago.

Danamy said:
BillyShears said:

Who won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.