Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CC1 said:
City Raider said:
BillyShears said:
You match going massives barely cover the fucking electricity bill.

Check the finances at City next time you get a chance. Might clue you in as to why the last clown got sacked and why crying about not backing him was well wide of the mark ...

Clown? You don't do yourself any favours

I quite like clowns who win us the FA cup and the league and I'm not too proud to admit that our manager made a mistake last night - but it doesn't mean I want him sacked (like you did every week with Mancini)

I though Roberto was a great manager but probably is always going to be a short term appointment wherever he goes because of his attitude to players but we've now got Pellers and I SO want him to succeed. I'll back him all the way - as I would any City manager or player.

You just don't learn from reading the replies to your posts and certainly calling Mancini a clown says more about you than it does about him
Better put than I'd have done, tbf to Billy he invests keyboard time, most of us invest money. I enjoyed yesterday apart from the game.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
For the first time ever, one of these threads has started getting a bit personal.

The factions had a little squabble. Nothing serious ... light hearted for the most part although I see my financial facts have upset one or two. I apologise to anyone caught in the crossfire.

BillyShears said:
For the first time ever, one of these threads has started getting a bit personal.

The factions had a little squabble. Nothing serious ... light hearted for the most part although I see my financial facts have upset one or two. I apologise to anyone caught in the crossfire.
Tonight's status is slightly above a squabble.

More a skirmish, albeit a minor one.

Danamy said:
LoveCity said:
Danamy said:
His record at Chelsea was unbelievable with a win rate in the 70's I believe but I'm with you that he's a spent force now.

Hiddink's Anzhi were painful on the eyes. They seemed to play in slow motion and it was like Mancini's early City team where we were dour and defensive, except much worse. Hiddink wasn't limited by budget at Anzhi and was able to sign some big hitters but the football was turgid.

The next manager after Pellegrini, whenever that may be (probably 2-3 years unless Pellegrini fails spectacularly), should be someone young and modern with fresh ideas - not Hiddink who is years older than Pellegrini who some have called 'old'. A lot of the best managers established or emerging now are young like Guardiola, Klopp, Simeone, Conte, De Boer, Laudrup, and AVB. All of them have very hard working and well organised teams (Spurs a work in progress but looking good). Mancini was a young coach too, but seemed to lack the tactical brain of the Guardiolas and Klopps, and so failed in Europe and had no answers when domestic teams sussed out his style (hence the increase in draws and defeats after that swashbuckling first half season).

For the record, that's the type of manager I wanted in this time around, the board chose to take the MP route so I'm happy to support that until the time is right for change.

I think Pellegrini was the best old, experienced option for us (maybe Heynckes if he hadn't retired) and I think he can be a success with some patience.

But I think management is becoming a younger man's game again and only a few of the old-timers will be able to keep up soon. Fergie got out at the right time with the likes of Rodgers and AVB building impressive teams, and Mourinho back in town. Even Ferguson was having his struggles but in Europe where his tactics were starting to look dated and got shown up even by Bilbao and Basel.

Hoeness said that Pep Guardiola spends 12 HOURS A DAY with the Bayern team and that it is as much a family as it is a football team, which seems to be one of the fundamental differences between English and German football now... it's just a 'job' for most of the players here, but when you watch Bayern it's like they're zealots who believe in a cause they'd die for. Not to sound like a media hack, but that is a culture money can't buy and is hopefully something we'll be able to develop since we have chiefs with experience at a club like that (Barcelona).

BillyShears said:

He just doesn't get it does he?

BillyShears said:

I've been on my best behaviour for a month. I had some good news today ... had a few glasses of Ruinart to celebrate ... I guess I took the bait a little too easily. Ah well ... I need to run anyway. The bedsit's running out of kerosene!

Danamy said:
Will you lot keep the noise down, I'm trying to watch Question Time here?
Is pellegrini on the panel,could have swore i heard david dimbleby at the start saying "we will be talking about welfare cuts and then manchester city's performance in lasts nights champion's league game against bayern munich.....

BillyShears said:

Dont flatter yourself. You don't 'upset' anyone mate. We are just staggered by your narcissistic tendencies but it is an affliction you obviously cannot help

deano ou812 said:
Danamy said:
Will you lot keep the noise down, I'm trying to watch Question Time here?
Is pellegrini on the panel,could have swore i heard david dimbleby at the start saying "we will be talking about welfare cuts and then manchester city's performance in lasts nights champion's league game against bayern munich.....

Yvette Cooper - give me a break!

BillyShears said:
BillyShears said:

I've been on my best behaviour for a month. I had some good news today ... had a few glasses of Ruinart to celebrate ... I guess I took the bait a little too easily. Ah well ... I need to run anyway. The bedsit's running out of kerosene!

Please do - but the trouble is you keep coming back and the subject is always Mancini..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.