Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
deano ou812 said:
Danamy said:
Will you lot keep the noise down, I'm trying to watch Question Time here?
Is pellegrini on the panel,could have swore i heard david dimbleby at the start saying "we will be talking about welfare cuts and then manchester city's performance in lasts nights champion's league game against bayern munich.....

Yvette Cooper - give me a break!
I thought you were a big fan of strong, female politicians TGR....

TGR said:
deano ou812 said:
Danamy said:
Will you lot keep the noise down, I'm trying to watch Question Time here?
Is pellegrini on the panel,could have swore i heard david dimbleby at the start saying "we will be talking about welfare cuts and then manchester city's performance in lasts nights champion's league game against bayern munich.....

Yvette Cooper - give me a break!

Tinkerbelle as she is known to her comrades

TheMightyQuinn said:
Classic case of people putting their own BM persona before the greater good (Manchester City Football Club).

#BeneathMe

Like a Phoenix from the flames.

I've got an extra layer of skin on tonight ... give me your worst TMQ ... for old time's sake!

BillyShears said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
BillyShears said:
The factions had a little squabble. Nothing serious ... light hearted for the most part although I see my financial facts have upset one or two. I apologise to anyone caught in the crossfire.
Tonight's status is slightly above a squabble.

More a skirmish, albeit a minor one.

I've been on my best behaviour for a month. I had some good news today ... had a few glasses of Ruinart to celebrate ... I guess I took the bait a little too easily. Ah well ... I need to run anyway. The bedsit's running out of kerosene!
myqu3u2e.jpg

I'm getting a bit worried at my proclivity to post pictures of fires, it's bloody hot in here.

cleavers said:
You want the players to believe in MP's system.
He played his system last night I think you'd agree ?
His system was an utter flop last night, it would be hard to disagree ?
His system is proven to work in the past, so you want him to stick with it ?

If the players don’t believe in MP’s system, we have a big problem.

Yes he asked the players to play to his system last night. How much of the poor performance was down solely to his system is something that I cannot put a number on but I think his tactics contributed. I’ve already listed other factors that I think contributed.

Do I want him to stick with his system? I’d rather we adopted Pep’s approach but then didn’t Pep nab some of his approach from Pellegrini?
I’d like the players to execute consistently what I think Pellegrini is looking for but I don’t think they have done and that is what failed as you put it at Cardiff etc.

cleavers said:
I'm not being difficult, but its this 'there is only one sytstem' thing that probably worries most of us, most of all, it seems to have worked against Newcastle, United, Plzen, and to a degree Villa, barring the individual f*ck ups costing us the game, but its has definitely failed against Cardiff, and Hull in the PL, and last night against Bayern. The worrying bit, is his lack of flexibility when its clearly going wrong, last night changes should have been made after 20 minutes, it was obvious to everyone in the stadium.

Different games need flexibility in systems, both from one game to another and even within games. At Villa for instance, having been so dominant, and having seen them equalise, and us go back in front, why not just make sure of the result. Last night watching 6 on 2 in midfield, why not change things, to at least stem the tide ?

I agree that you need some flexibility and I’d say we saw that from Pellegrini when, for instance, Malaga played Dortmund last season.

The point I was making was not that Pellegrini should be inflexible but that he has to demonstrate faith in his approach to his players and in his players’ ability to adapt to what he wants. He has to strike the right balance in that regard. Last night, he probably didn’t but everyone makes mistakes; the trick is not to repeat them too often.

BillyShears said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Classic case of people putting their own BM persona before the greater good (Manchester City Football Club).

#BeneathMe

I've got an extra layer of skin on tonight ... give me your worst TMQ ... for old time's sake!

Better things to do, mate.

I'm a simple guy, I want City to do well.

Whereas you slate the ex manager and have a slightly creepy little nickname for the new one.

I'm a grown lad with hair on my balls and a swinging cock, bigger fish to fry than arguing the toss with fans happier to lose under Manager X than win under manager Y.

I believe at this point, people reading will be uttering the word 'pwnd'. Thanks.

BillyShears said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

#BeneathMe

Ooops. You're back. But, as the previous poster says and it sums you up perfectly 'Classic case of people putting their own BM persona before the greater good (Manchester City Football Club).' If you'd shown any support at all for our last manager, I'd take you a little more seriously.

TheMightyQuinn said:
BillyShears said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

#BeneathMe

Better things to do, mate.

I'm a simple guy, I want City to do well.

Whereas you slate the ex manager and have a slightly creepy little nickname for the new one.

I'm a grown lad with hair on my balls and a swinging cock, bigger fish to fry than arguing the toss with fans happier to lose under Manager X than win under manager Y.

I believe at this point, people reading will be uttering the word 'pwnd'. Thanks.

Like a firm slap to my backside. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.