Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
spanishblue said:
akcity said:
My only current concern with Pelli is his refusal to change the game. He was asked after Bayern why he didn't change it early on. His reply was that he thinks about things before the game, and after the game but not during it.

Surely any decent manager would spot issues and change things to remedy it?

Fukin frightening

Quite a big concern when you think about it. If that is a genuine quote and not lost in translation it has to be the most astonishing thing any manager has said in the history of football.

He doesn't ever think about changing things during the match if they are not going well?!!! Can you provide a link to that quote? It needs to be brought to the attention of the board.

jaigurugoat said:
spanishblue said:
akcity said:
My only current concern with Pelli is his refusal to change the game. He was asked after Bayern why he didn't change it early on. His reply was that he thinks about things before the game, and after the game but not during it.

Fukin frightening

Quite a big concern when you think about it. If that is a genuine quote and not lost in translation it has to be the most astonishing thing any manager has said in the history of football.

He doesn't ever think about changing things during the match if they are not going well?!!! Can you provide a link to that quote? It needs to be brought to the attention of the board.

If true very disturbing!

jaigurugoat said:
spanishblue said:
akcity said:

Fukin frightening

Not seen where he has stated that? Baffling if true

Ducado said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Ducado said:
Well may be not you ;-) but I can't countenance a defeat at home
I've said I'll give him until after Christmas at the very least. Wednesday has done nothing to shift that position.

Surprised at you.
I surprise my self sometimes but I think today's game is a good one for him to prove himself,

Against our bogey team.

uwe rosler 28 said:
jaigurugoat said:
spanishblue said:
Fukin frightening

If true very disturbing!

If true we have dropped one Almighty bollock like I said frightening

Whatever he said it's obviously not true, if it was he never make substitutions to change things, and he does.

Ducado said:
Jimfv1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You obviously weren't at Goodison that day then. As soon as everyone heard the team and realised it was another 3-5-2 we were staggered. Then again, it was obvious it needed changing and he did it both wrong and too late.

The point is that all managers get it wrong at times, even the best. The question is do they learn from it.

This is my point exactly, I'm not anti-Pellegrini at all, far from it, his reputation is good enough for us and I'm hoping things improve. I'll support whoever our manager is, Mancini was very good for us, Hughes before him made some great signings.

However all managers make mistakes, and the point above is so true, can they learn from these mistakes, Hughes kept making expensive signings which didn't work out, the cheaper signings he made were far better value, Zabaleta and Kompany being a case in point.

Mancini couldn't seem to get inside the players heads and the team never hit the heights of the season before, we didn't look capable of any consistency which ultimately is why we didn't win anything but second in the league wasn't too shabby.

Can Pellegrini learn from the game the other night, I think he can, but I can't say I know too much about the man. I remember Villareal being a great side and Madrid have also always been pretty good, the fact Pellegrini had to move on Robben and Snjeider when they were the players he wanted but they still did OK in the league shows he is a good manager. Maybe the fact they were dumped out of the cup early in the season is exactly the same thing his City side are going through now.

If the players come out of this run as a stronger team then great, the shocks they (and more to the point, us) are suffering now will have been worth it.

I can understand the doubters having a bit of a go, but I think it is far too early to judge, and I share the sentiment that because it is too early he deserves more time. He has done some good things with this team, but no one can deny that some results have been crap, not at all acceptable by the standards the club and fans aspire too. However even though I don't really care what other teams around us are doing, I do like watching other football teams play, and we should all remember that other teams are struggling too and are in a far worse state than us. Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool seem to be the three clubs who have started well, and they may have their own rocky patches. I actually think these may prove to be our biggest rivals this season but we'll have to see how the season pans out.

Can Pellegrini learn from mistakes, I certainly hope so, then the fans will hopefully unite behind him and the players.

What an excellent post, and pretty much mirrors my thinking

Sensible and balanced.

Ducado said:
I've said I'll give him until after Christmas at the very least. Wednesday has done nothing to shift that position.

Surprised at you.
I surprise my self sometimes but I think today's game is a good one for him to prove himself,
Don't disagree, but "do or die" is a bit extreme imo.

We need to give MP the full season. Anything less would be
joke. If we don't win today the only places the pressure for
him increase is on here and in the media.
We'll win today for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.