Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superb response by Pellegrini.

He picked the right team and had each and every one of his players firing on all cylinders.

I'm very confident great times lie ahead.

TudorRose said:
Not in the same class as Mancini. If he was backed in the market like Pellegrini has benn, we'd piss this league. Missed a trick there.
What are you on about? Mancini was backed as heavily as Pellegrini was during his first season. Toure, Silva, Boateng, Kolarov etc. all came. I love Mancini as much as the next blue, but he had a horrible record against Everton for his entire stint and i don't think quality of players was the issue.

FantasyIreland said:

He picked the right team and had each and every one of his players firing on all cylinders.

Having the entire left side of the pitch totally empty is going to cause us massive issues if Silva nails down that spot. Especially when Navas returns over Milner. We were lucky Kolarov had a blinder.

Also when we attacked Fernandhino was too far forwards with no cover. Barkley had all the space in the world between our midfield and defence.

Great result but the issues are still all there and are obvious.

NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

Having the entire left side of the pitch totally empty is going to cause us massive issues if Silva nails down that spot. Especially when Navas returns over Milner. We were lucky Kolarov had a blinder.

Also when we attacked Fernandhino was too far forwards with no cover. Barkley had all the space in the world between our midfield and defence.

was barkley playing? Cant remember him doing anything. Wasn't there goal from a hoof up the pitch.

NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

Of course we are still unbalanced,thats a legacy of the Mancini era that wont be quickly rectified.

Fernandinho played superbly today,however,he cant cover the entire defensive duties on his own and if I have to criticise anything today its the fact Yaya was content to let him.......

We still need the Barry replacement,Fernandinho isn't that player,if anything he is an alternative to Yaya not a compliment.

Fitness allowing,Jovetic will certainly aid our left sided weakness but I still think we also need a genuine wide man in the squad.

Blankomania said:
NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

was barkley playing? Cant remember him doing anything. Wasn't there goal from a hoof up the pitch.
Barclay got totally and utterly bossed out the game by our defensive players, partocularly fernandino.Everton hardly had a shot on goal.

You wonder sometimes what game people have watched.

Didsbury Dave said:
Blankomania said:
NQCitizen said:

Barclay got totally and utterly bossed out the game by our defensive players, partocularly fernandino.Everton hardly had a shot on goal.

I watched him pick the ball up in front of our back 4. Like Rooney did. Muller / Ribery / Robben did.

Maybe I can't see properly from EL3.

NQCitizen said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Blankomania said:

I watched him pick the ball up in front of our back 4. Like Rooney did. Muller / Ribery / Robben did.

Fernandinho bossed that area of the pitch. One of his best games for us

NQCitizen said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Blankomania said:

He was totally and utterly ineffective because of the way we defended. They as a team created absolutely nothing in the game and he was the playmaker. It doesn't matter that he received the ball to his feet a few times, it matters that he wasn't able to use it.

I can't believe I'm having this discussion and that Ribery is in it.

Totally bossed Everton from about 15 mins in. Some wonderful football, we could have walked away with 6 or 7.

My only concern in midfield is the amount of work Fernandinho has to do. Yaya at times is too easily bypassed. Some of the movement after Nasri came on and the pressing was great.

Milner was exceptional and as soon as they started to get tight to Lukaku he was snuffed out of the game

Well done Manuel again the signs are good....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.