Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
samharris said:
wayne71 said:
I thought we did ok at home against an average PL team.

In what way average?? the prem has the best diversity of good teams in Europe,thats why the tv rights are astronomical..

If you want easy games then you need to head north of the border Wayne..

Any team we beat are a pub team. Any team who beats us aren't that good either. We must be really shit.

Aint that the truth ..<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:07 am --<br /><br />
Caveman said:
He picked the right team but we still look very open in midfield. If Silva had gone wide at any point there was a huge space in the middle of the pitch ahead of Fernaninho and Yaya, behind Agüero and Negredo. It's a problem, oppositions are picking the ball up in that area too easily and are able to start attacks.

Luckily we played Lukaku very well and weren't damaged too much by it yesterday but it's been a problem in all games apart from Newcastle and United.

All this aside, we won 3-1.

samharris said:
Caveman said:
He picked the right team but we still look very open in midfield. If Silva had gone wide at any point there was a huge space in the middle of the pitch ahead of Fernaninho and Yaya, behind Agüero and Negredo. It's a problem, oppositions are picking the ball up in that area too easily and are able to start attacks.

Luckily we played Lukaku very well and weren't damaged too much by it yesterday but it's been a problem in all games apart from Newcastle and United.

We'll spotted.

But this thread is about discussing good and bad points about the manager, isn't it?

Ducado said:
wayne71 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Care to provide us with your more 'balanced' opinion?

They had been unbeaten and had beat Chelsea a good team not the best
And were actually above us before the game. Pellegrini got it wrong on Wednesday and got it right yesterday. The next four games will be crucial in determining whether we can win games away from home consistently.

BobKowalski said:
And applies to 99.9% of posts on here. My opinion and the points I raised are not set in stone. Make a counter argument.

There are inherent vulnerabilities in any way of playing. Your other point, about Pellegrini's "in game management" is something which could be levelled at many of the history's great managers. You obviously prefer a different style of management, but it doesn't make Pellegrini's something which is going to stop us winning the league.

Caveman said:
samharris said:
Caveman said:

We'll spotted.

But this thread is about discussing good and bad points about the manager, isn't it?

Well I like to look on the positives,like a good home win and one of the best free kick set pieces seen at anytime so far this season..If only sergio had finished that move..
oh and btw,your post contradicted itself.. that was well spotted too. ;)

I was an early proponent of the empty midfield wont work argument. But I've dropped it based on the games I've since seen.

It's certainly a big change from mancini's City. We have 2 out and out forwards for the moment (no Tevez who plays much of the time in midfield), and Navas, an out and out winger.

The fear is that City's possession game, and Silva will be lost against teams that are strong in midfield, and I noticed that a lot of people adopted this argument after the Bayern game.

Yesterday there was no Navas, but Milner came in and played very wide.

Yet against an Everton team who played 5 in midfield we bossed the game. In fact if you look at our recent Premiership games we have dominated possession. There's a stat in the Oberver Sport this morning that has City 2nd in pass completion rate marginally behind Swansea, and ahead of Arsenal, Chelsea etc

We're creating a lot of chances. I feel we're creating more than last season, and taking more chances. But we're making a few individual errors at the back, down largely to injuries and lack of continuity

I'm enjoying watching City play at the moment. Negredo is a star who reminds me of Uwe Rosler only better. Hunger, talent and swagger.

It's going to be a good season.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ducado said:
wayne71 said:
They had been unbeaten and had beat Chelsea a good team not the best
And were actually above us before the game.

None of which actually matters. Nor is it wise to raise it because the counter argument is how the fuck did we let Everton get above us after 6 games? It kind of points both ways.

I understand there is a desire to rush to man the barricades on behalf of Pellers but much as I was fan of Mancini I never bothered to come on here and start praising him for masterminding a routine win at home. Christ I didn't even do that when we won the fucking title so do us all a favour and leave your insecurities at home.

samharris said:
wayne71 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Care to provide us with your more 'balanced' opinion?

In what way average?? the prem has the best diversity of good teams in Europe,thats why the tv rights are astronomical..

If you want easy games then you need to head north of the border Wayne..

They are pretty average in terms of the premier league. It's unlikely they will be fighting relegation or challenging for a CL spot and will probably be midtable or thereabouts, therefore average.

It was a good win and yes you have to give the team and management credit but my reply was to someone who was going so far over the top with his praise it could have been written by a rag taking the piss.

wayne71 said:
It was a good win and yes you have to give the team and management credit but my reply was to someone who was going so far over the top with his praise it could have been written by a rag taking the piss.

95% of this thread sounds like rags taking the piss out of City's manager.

Marvin said:
Negredo is a star who reminds me of Uwe Rosler only better. Hunger, talent and swagger..

Said that to my lad a while back. Those headers remind me of Uwe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.