Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Care to provide us with your more 'balanced' opinion?
It was a good performance, and a good win against a bogey team. However, we are quite used to winning at home now and the last time we beat Everton at home was only season before last. It's not the breaking of a very long trend.

bluemoon32 said:
FantasyIreland said:
chicagoblues said:
high line is still a concern

Its great to see our manager,Pellegrini,learning from experience and adjusting his tactics accordingly though,a lesser man may have collapsed under the pressure.

On the back of a game where we were outclassed and embarrassed this game was very much another banana skin,after all,we were up against a team high on confidence,being the only remaining unbeaten side in the Prem,who also just happen to be our main bogey team.......

So,while,if we choose....... we can scrape the barrel for negatives,i think yesterday was a superb result for us as a club and a terrific,much needed one for the boss - there was much to applaud,and he deserves a lot of credit for masterminding it,especially given some of the premature comments that have been levelled at him this week.

Well done Manuel.

True but it'll be our away form that will make or break our season.
Correct
Great win though & got to give pelle credit for yesterday

FantasyIreland said:
wayne71 said:
FantasyIreland said:
I can see why you'd like to think so,truth is,i had to reign myself in.

Really? I had to read it 3 times because I honestly thought you were taking the piss.

I thought we did ok at home against an average PL team.

I think those talking about 'once we sort our midfield' and too much work for dinho may be missing the point - this is how he sets his teams up

he's obviously unconcerned, trusts dinho to do the job and the defenders to do theirs - they'll be busier than they ever were under mancini but as a result the shackles are off going forward, apart from stoke in the league the chances and goals are flowing

as i said in post match thread and i know its simplistic but it seems mancini was all about the system and shape, whilst pellegrini seems to trust the players more, with the system nothing more than a loose framework geared for attack

hence you get more consistency under mancini as squad players come in with an immediate understanding of a role in the system - whereas under mp this isn't as clear and will lead to inconsistencies until all the players adapt

nasri is a perfect example of this, struggled with the rigidity of a system but flourishing under a more off the cuff style of play

well that's the best i can come up with for our inconsistencies lol! that and that every mistake seems to be getting punished

wayne71 said:
FantasyIreland said:
wayne71 said:
Really? I had to read it 3 times because I honestly thought you were taking the piss.

I thought we did ok at home against an average PL team.
They had been unbeaten and had beat Chelsea a good team not the best

Nearly forgot, really liking some of the set piece routines we've obviously been working on.

Only a matter of time before one of them comes off.

As for Pellegrini, I think the result yesterday was more important than the performance or style of play.

Also good to see us pick up points from a losing position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.