Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueinsa said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
blueinsa said:
If he fails to qualify us from the group and or fails to grab a top4 spot come May then i will drive him to the airport myself.

Difference between us is that i will base my decision on the season as a whole and not on what happened to the last incumbent and petty squabbles on an internet forum.

He has had 4 games SHB, 4 fucking games!

And I have made my judgement and I will stick to it. I am not alone but that's nothing to do with me.
Could I just ask-Show me one,just one positive from Cardiff,Hull,Stoke?

Hull we won 2-0 and Stoke away we grabbed a point with several first team regulars missing.

4 points from a home game and an always tricky away game.

Next?

How did I know that was coming-Tricky away game?? If Stoke had any decent strikers we could easily have lost that..Hull could have been 2 up easily..
Explain Cardiff-I bet you say no VK....
We were promised flare..Not seen any yet-apart from against Newcastle but that may as well have been the dog and duck!

I seriously doubt that Pellegrini has the brief or intention of sacrificing the league for the Champions League but that does not mean that he won't try and rotate players or that he will only play his best side in one of the competitions. He's got to try and find the right balance, which will be all the more difficult at the moment when he and some of the players are new to the club.

BillyShears said:
Pellegrini will be IMO manager for a minimum of 2 years. Those who have made their minds up after four games, or in fact, made their tiny minds up before he got the job, are in for a long old slog ...

tumblr_mkdzg2g0wC1rjwo0xo1_250.gif

OB1 said:
I seriously doubt that Pellegrini has the brief or intention of sacrificing the league for the Champions League but that does not mean that he won't try and rotate players or that he will only play his best side in one of the competitions. He's got to try and find the right balance, which will be all the more difficult at the moment when he and some of the players are new to the club.

It's fairly clear the very senior management of the club view
the CL as the main priority this season and Pellegrini will
have been briefed accordingly. Progess in the CL is the
prerequisite. Winning the title this season is not.

blueinsa said:
And I have made my judgement and I will stick to it. I am not alone but that's nothing to do with me.

Hull we won 2-0 and Stoke away we grabbed a point with several first team regulars missing.

Next?

How did I know that was coming-Tricky away game?? If Stoke had any decent strikers we could easily have lost that..Hull could have been 2 up easily..
We were promised flare..Not seen any yet-apart from against Newcastle but that may as well have been the dog and duck!

It was always a tricky game under Bob mate so don't see why it should be called any different know.

Unless of course you are busy moving the goalposts to suit?

Cardiff was a dogs dinner defensively but again, we saw us lose plenty away from home under Bob.

Pellegrini has work to do because despite the illusion that we swept all before us last year from some, we didn't!

He is 4 games in and we will see where we are come the end of the season.

BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Believe me, it won't surprise me one bit because I came to the conclusion a long time ago that most people are fucking idiots.

Just look at the post above and you'll see a shining an example of one!

I remember in the first few months of Mancini's reign going to matches and hearing people moan like fuck about how defensive his football was and how he should be sacked and I didn't agree with them either. It's one thing to say the jury is out or that you have doubts but to definitively say that a manager should be changed because he isn't going to succeed after four matches or even twenty matches is just stupidity imo. Despite him getting 3.5 years, lots of Mancini fans were worrying on here when he was on the verge of being sacked that we were about to become Chelsea, sacking managers at the drop of a hat, it was one of their arguments for keeping him on. Now they seem quite keen on trying to force a manager out before he's had a chance to succeed or fail.

blueinsa said:

Next?

SHB- I am sure during the summer you said, though you were a Mancini inner, that you thought pellegrini was a great appointment and how you were looking forward to this season. You now seem determined for him to fail.

Secondly, I bet every time Mancini drew at stoke, you used the tough away game excuse.

The fact is, this has not been the start anyone expected. Very underwhelming. But 4 games have gone and that is way too early to judge.

This whole thread has just turned into a bit of a point scoring between Mancini inners and outers. Just like last season. But everyone has to get over it. Pellegrini didn't sack Mancini. Dave and billy didn't sack Mancini. I

TGR said:
OB1 said:

It's fairly clear the very senior management of the club view
the CL as the main priority this season and Pellegrini will
have been briefed accordingly. Progess in the CL is the
prerequisite. Winning the title this season is not.

Dangerous game if that is the case.
We could seriously end up with egg on our faces.

Lancet Fluke said:
lots of Mancini fans were worrying on here when he was on the verge of being sacked that we were about to become Chelsea, sacking managers at the drop of a hat, it was one of their arguments for keeping him on. Now they seem quite keen on trying to force a manager out before he's had a chance to succeed or fail.

That's not the only massive contradiction in their dribbling rubbish ...

flb said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Oh my fucking god.

Note to self: never, ever, ever enter this thread again.

Dave, give us your take, you surprised at the way things are going or are we all knee jerking and shouldn't worry? )
That will be difficult he isn't entering the thread again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.