Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
The players worry me far more than the manager, at this point.

Ditto. The lack of pace is one thing, but the lack of desire is something else. Nasri, Dzeko, Ya Ya, even Spanish Dave, I can't recall when I last saw any of them give their all for the cause in a game. Coasters and dilettantes we seem to have by the shedload
Agree with all of that
They even seem worse than last season
Its amazing to see mid table side players graft and run their bollocks off
Ours look like they can't wait to get off the pitch.
What happened to them then. Someone like Nasri has always had a question mark over his attitude but Silva and Yaya were incredible in the title winning season, not just playing well but working their nuts off. I'm not sure that Yaya has had a properly good match since Newcastle away 11/12. Why are so many players seemingly so demotivated when they have already shown that they are capable of being fantastic professionals who will graft for the club?

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
mancity1 said:
I'm still not sure if you have got the hang of the Bertie level system.

Jimmy Anderson is a fine swing bowler, not sure what he has got to do with anything.

Woops Paul you are playing with a straight bat here minus seven bertie points I here Stephen Fry call on QI.

Just for your eyes only as OB1 and BK are on my frequency hear ( heaven help them ).

Ian Anderson wrote the music and in some cases the lyrics to most of Jethro Tull's songs.

His wife Jenny at the time however you will find also wrote the lyrics to some of Tull's classics.

OB1 introduced Passion Play another Tull timeless vinyl.

Perhaps you are switched on the right channel now.

Bertie is what you make of him Paul but you follow the thread.

Jimmy Anderson is a bowler Paul and will play a role in Oz later this year but last time I checked he had nought to do with Jethro Tull the Prog Rock Band or as Lars once said at the Grammy's Heavy Metal what you f...n kidding , before his time for young Jimme I would suggest.

I got told off for being serious last night and not talking about the Bertie level by GDM, i think it was before you woke up, its the only serious comment i have made on this thread.

I was the one who came up with the Bertie level, if you bother to read back you will realise this, you are failing horribly as to what it is and how it works. You keep banging on about it, which is great, although you appear to have no idea why we bothered to take the piss by suggesting its introduction. You carry on in your own little world though, claiming others get you, if they do it says more about them, than making you seem better in any way.

The Jimmy Anderson line was a throw away comment, even you must have realised that...

Paul my point is don't take yourself so seriously.

I got pmd and chastised as well so lets join the party then.

If some of us choose to have a little music triviality in the context of a football theme and you can't tag along because your not in sync ( get it nsync ) don't get your knickers in a twist my friend.

I had the decency to explain to you how OB1 and BK played along a bit which is their choice and if nothing else it tells me they know a little or alot as the case may be re Tull and have a decent sense of humour.

I have read your piece and perhaps I am taking the piss because you seem to think its funny when I think its droll but thats fine and thats my whole point.

As for what it says about the others I think if they want to Paul they can speak for themselves.

It says nothing about them other than they know a bit of Tull trivia and can assimilate that into a thread about City.

The joke is on you Paul and you should be flattered I care enough about you but "its all over now baby blue."

More importantly like you Paul I hope and trust that MP reign last much longer than the Bertie Level.

It will be consigned to the Cellar and you can get your jollies down there my friend.

Be thankful I have helped to keep it alive for longer than it deserves on here.

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:

Fuck me will this disingenuous bollocks ever end.
I said the same last season and was told the players give their all by you,dave and many others
Now reading this thread a lot of posters seem to think they are not putting a shift in

The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:

I said the same last season and was told the players give their all by you,dave and many others
Now reading this thread a lot of posters seem to think they are not putting a shift in

It's clear to me that the disingenuous bollocks will never end. So consider this my last post to you too ...

BobKowalski said:
You mean for the way you guys are gently tilling the land and sowing the seeds to blame the players for all our ills if it goes a bit tits? Difficult not to notice. Sets Pellers up nicely to either rescue the situation and save the players from themselves as we race to glory or castigate them as bunch of ingrates and malcontent's if it goes wrong.

Lets hope that its the former and starting from tonight we can count ourselves as blessed that there is a new saint in town :)

For the record I think we will win a close game but with a goal at the end to make the scoreline look a bit better. 1-3. Fact.

Nah. I meant for mentioning second place...

Not trying to set anyone up for anything. Getting the players' heads is the managers job and, if some prove beyond hope, replacing the those beyond redemption. I sincerely hope that very few are beyond redemption but until I see the aggression that Pellegrini wants displayed on a regular basis, it will be a worry for me. It was a worry under Mancini and it remains a worry and, whilst I was ultimately in favour of replacing Mancini, I had worries about some of the players in this regard, irrespective of anything to do with Bobby.

Lancet Fluke said:
The cookie monster said:
Ditto. The lack of pace is one thing, but the lack of desire is something else. Nasri, Dzeko, Ya Ya, even Spanish Dave, I can't recall when I last saw any of them give their all for the cause in a game. Coasters and dilettantes we seem to have by the shedload
Agree with all of that
What happened to them then. Someone like Nasri has always had a question mark over his attitude but Silva and Yaya were incredible in the title winning season, not just playing well but working their nuts off. I'm not sure that Yaya has had a properly good match since Newcastle away 11/12. Why are so many players seemingly so demotivated when they have already shown that they are capable of being fantastic professionals who will graft for the club?

It the age old question do the opposition find them out and exploit their weaknesses or do they no longer have the desire , work ethic for reasons that go well beyond professional pride and a will to try to do your best everytime.

In our case its a bit of both but most experts will tell you motivation to doing well and doing well are a mindset that comes from every individual and the manager is the facilitator of that.

We have climbed the mountain once and for some that is enough for other it isn't but they need to move on to rekindle the spark as such.

We pay many lots of moula to try and find the answer but sometimes the answer can't be found for a long time if at all.

If we knew how to switch it on and off we would make a lot more money than we probably do now.

BillyShears said:
The cookie monster said:
BillyShears said:

It's clear to me that the disingenuous bollocks will never end. So consider this my last post to you too ...
Ha ha
Good cop out knowing all your predictions are turning to bollocks :)<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:02 pm --<br /><br />
Lancet Fluke said:
The cookie monster said:
Agree with all of that
Who knows mate
Lets hope vinnie can motivate them now he seems to be back from injury
But if he can't & pellegrini can't
We're in trouble.

Hoping he puts out our strongest available team tonight - a good start in this years comp is vital, not to mention the confidence that will spill over to Sunday with a convincing win. If, as we're led to believe Pellegrini's main aim is to advance from the group stages then I look forward to seeing what new tactics/formation he brings.
I'll be a little concerned if it's more of the same, although it'll tell me that the problem is more player related than manager....then we have a whole new issue to deal with.

mancity1 said:
mancity1 said:
Woops Paul you are playing with a straight bat here minus seven bertie points I here Stephen Fry call on QI.

Just for your eyes only as OB1 and BK are on my frequency hear ( heaven help them ).

Ian Anderson wrote the music and in some cases the lyrics to most of Jethro Tull's songs.

His wife Jenny at the time however you will find also wrote the lyrics to some of Tull's classics.

OB1 introduced Passion Play another Tull timeless vinyl.

Perhaps you are switched on the right channel now.

Bertie is what you make of him Paul but you follow the thread.

Jimmy Anderson is a bowler Paul and will play a role in Oz later this year but last time I checked he had nought to do with Jethro Tull the Prog Rock Band or as Lars once said at the Grammy's Heavy Metal what you f...n kidding , before his time for young Jimme I would suggest.

I got told off for being serious last night and not talking about the Bertie level by GDM, i think it was before you woke up, its the only serious comment i have made on this thread.

I was the one who came up with the Bertie level, if you bother to read back you will realise this, you are failing horribly as to what it is and how it works. You keep banging on about it, which is great, although you appear to have no idea why we bothered to take the piss by suggesting its introduction. You carry on in your own little world though, claiming others get you, if they do it says more about them, than making you seem better in any way.

The Jimmy Anderson line was a throw away comment, even you must have realised that...

Paul my point is don't take yourself so seriously.

I got pmd and chastised as well so lets join the party then.

If some of us choose to have a little music triviality in the context of a football theme and you can't tag along because your not in sync ( get it nsync ) don't get your knickers in a twist my friend.

I had the decency to explain to you how OB1 and BK played along a bit which is their choice and if nothing else it tells me they know a little or alot as the case may be re Tull and have a decent sense of humour.

I have read your piece and perhaps I am taking the piss because you seem to think its funny when I think its droll but thats fine and thats my whole point.

As for what it says about the others I think if they want to Paul they can speak for themselves.

It says nothing about them other than they know a bit of Tull trivia and can assimilate that into a thread about City.

The joke is on you Paul and you should be flattered I care enough about you but "its all over now baby blue."

More importantly like you Paul I hope and trust that MP reign last much longer than the Bertie Level.

It will be consigned to the Cellar and you can get your jollies down there my friend.

Be thankful I have helped to keep it alive for longer than it deserves on here.

Ha ha - take myself seriously, on an internet forum, brilliant, from a window licking empty vessel like yourself, thats quite some line, you should be on the stage, but i am sure there is a law against that these days. You might think the joke is on me, but simpletons laughing doesnt really count in the great scheme of things. You've kept nothing alive, rather just talked bollocks throughout the thread. It has been entertaining but must be passed your bedtime now.

Pablo1 said:
Hoping he puts out our strongest available team tonight - a good start in this years comp is vital, not to mention the confidence that will spill over to Sunday with a convincing win. If, as we're led to believe Pellegrini's main aim is to advance from the group stages then I look forward to seeing what new tactics/formation he brings.
I'll be a little concerned if it's more of the same, although it'll tell me that the problem is more player related than manager....then we have a whole new issue to deal with.

Do you buy into the practice that you need to buy into a different formation for Europe vis a vis the premiership?

For me its picking the best combination available that you think will out score the opposition on the night.

I may be naive but I would have thought its the mo you would invoke in all games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.