Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Hannah said:
squirtyflower said:
George Hannah said:
if we had won all four games we've lost so far we'd still only be where Arsenal is now - that's an indication of the size of the 'catching up' task
You mean six points in front?
indeed, shows how well those boys are playing
I think you'll find that in our championship winning season, when we smashed the points start to a season, we wouldn't have accrued the number of points you are saying we should have collected, a bit of an unrealistic expectation

squirtyflower said:
George Hannah said:
squirtyflower said:
You mean six points in front?
I think you'll find that in our championship winning season, when we smashed the points start to a season, we wouldn't have accrued the number of points you are saying we should have collected, a bit of an unrealistic expectation
My point is simply about the difficulties that lie ahead in overtaking the teams above us and I assure you I only have the normal City fan's unrealistic expectations. When we won the league I think we lost only 5 games out of 38, to have lost 4 out of the first 13 is not a good start in comparison.

George Hannah said:
squirtyflower said:
George Hannah said:
My point is simply about the difficulties that lie ahead in overatking the teams above us and I assure you I only have the normal City fan's unrealistic expectations. When we won the league I think we lost only 5 games out of 38, to have lost 4 out of the first 13 is not a good start in comparison.
Agreed it's not a good start at all, especially as the defeats, bar Chelsea, were to poor teams

However it's a different league this year, with more teams taking points off one another, and we really only need six points to catch up, not twelve.
However I don't think we will do it, I think we'll finish second or third

Win our next three and at worst we're 3 points off top spot with a better gd. Arsenal and Chelsea will play each other the following week.

If we can do that I reckon we'll be strong favourites to take the league.

Through to the knockouts in the CL, hopefully through to the semi's of the cup and while its been frustrating at times I dont think anyone could complain too much with MP's start.

moomba said:
Win our next three and at worst we're 3 points off top spot either a better gd. Arsenal and Chelsea will play each other the following week.

Can't see us winning at Southampton, maybe a point at WBA

squirtyflower said:
George Hannah said:
squirtyflower said:
My point is simply about the difficulties that lie ahead in overtaking the teams above us and I assure you I only have the normal City fan's unrealistic expectations. When we won the league I think we lost only 5 games out of 38, to have lost 4 out of the first 13 is not a good start in comparison.
Agreed it's not a good start at all, especially as the defeats, bar Chelsea, were to poor teams. However it's a different league this year, with more teams taking points off one another, and we really only need six points to catch up, not twelve. However I don't think we will do it, I think we'll finish second or third
I'm unrealistically expecting our fourth league title, won on goal difference! In my dream world Liverpool, Everton and Southampton will make up the rest of the top four with the London teams all fighting in the Europa.

squirtyflower said:
moomba said:
Win our next three and at worst we're 3 points off top spot either a better gd. Arsenal and Chelsea will play each other the following week.

Just waiting for something to click away from home. At our best we're more than capable of winning both.

moomba said:
squirtyflower said:
moomba said:

Just waiting for something to click away from home. At our best we're more than capable of winning both.
TBH I thought it would have clicked at Sunderland, I was really looking forward to it, came away as dejected as the previous three times!

squirtyflower said:
moomba said:
squirtyflower said:

TBH I thought it would have clicked at Sunderland, I was really looking forward to it, came away as dejected as the previous three times!

I think having Vinny back, Fernandinho available, and generally being on a very good run of form should see us through West Brom and Southampton.

7 points from the next 3 league games would be a very good return IMO and wouldn't do too much damage to our title charge. 9 out of 9 would be excellent obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.