Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danamy said:
hgblue said:
Danamy said:
100% agree Rammy

He's having a great season and he's now playing like the player we thought we were getting from Arsenal but he's not the same player when Merlin plays, that's not a dig, just an observation.

Because he gets moved to accomodate Silva.

And so he should, which is why i agreed with Rammy, Merlin gets the nod all day long

Nasri is a much better finisher though and a stronger dribbler, whereas Silva can pull the strings just as effectively from further back.

Didsbury Dave said:
hgblue said:
Danamy said:
And so he should, which is why i agreed with Rammy, Merlin gets the nod all day long

Nasri's been the player of the season so far imo.

Most improved maybe. But aguero and silva have been genuinely world class.

If Nasri keeps this form up, he will start to merit the world class tag. His balls finally dropped in the summer and he's a better player for it.

Those finishes today were world class.

OB1 said:
If Nasri keeps this form up, he will start to merit the world class tag. His balls finally dropped in the summer and he's a better player for it.

I can't believe the transformation, there is just nothing in his game at the moment that is weak, and as I've said in his own thread, I'd have sold him happily in the summer, thankfully I was wrong. Not many players in my lifetime have changed my opinion as much in such a short time.

cleavers said:
OB1 said:

I can't believe the transformation, there is just nothing in his game at the moment that is weak, and as I've said in his own thread, I'd have sold him happily in the summer, thankfully I was wrong. Not many players in my lifetime have changed my opinion as much in such a short time.

He always had the technical ability but he needed to sort his head out. He also realised that he didn't need to fear the physical side of the game.

The guy was almost a pariah after last season's home derby so to see him get a virtual standing ovation when he came over to take a corner, late in the game, was really heartening.

So the fantastic home form continues.

Now it gets interesting again. The next three fixture are all away and by the last one everyone bar Nasty will be available. I've no idea if Pelle will find the answer but it will go a long way to convincing people on the fence that he is the right guy for us.

If he plays Garcia again and we lose again I'll scream and scream until I'm sick ;-)

Come on Pelle you can figures this out. I have faith.

As far as Nasri goes I'm pleased to say I never lost faith in him at any point. Form is temporary class is permanent.

cleavers said:
OB1 said:

Credit for putting your hands up.
I'm not having a go I just don't personally think the transformation is that startling. Samir had few outlets ahead of him last season, our negative system was making him, and others, Aguero eg look a shadow of the players they actually were. Anyway its great to see him in full flow.

Foe23 said:
I'm not having a go I just don't personally think the transformation is that startling. Samir had few outlets ahead of him last season, our negative system was making him, and others, Aguero eg look a shadow of the players they actually were. Anyway its great to see him in full flow.
I disagree, until this season his work rate in many games wasn't up to the job, and he rarely put a tackle in. His ability was never in doubt for me, he's always had great talent, but he was often missing in the tough games, and didn't work hard enough. None of these apply this year, today's was a tough game, MoTM by some distance, and his work rate was excellent. The negative system didn't help, but his head is right now, and he's loving his football, witness his face after his second today, and the disappointment he didn't get the hat trick.

A great transformation for me.

Outside perspective - I enjoy watching City far more this season than I did last season (and even than your title winning season). I liked Mancini's style as well but imo Pellegrini has made City a team that attacks more quickly and is more exciting to watch. I'm not sure why the same form hasn't been replicated away from home yet though.

cleavers said:
OB1 said:

This. I'd have happily flogged him for Isco in the summer, but now I wouldn't swap him for almost anyone. I don't even subscribe to the view that he can't play alongside Silva now either. Against Norwich, as an example, they were stunning together and went off to separate standing ovations. Good injury record as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.