Discuss Pellegrini....

Status
Not open for further replies.
hgblue said:
moomba said:
MP had better get used to conparisons between him and Jose as its certainly being built up as a grudge rivalry between the two.

Winners are grinners though, I thought MP outfoxed Jose at Stamford Bridge but got none of the plaudits as the result didnt go our way.

I wish he'd show more flexibility with his tactics but its hard to argue when we're getting results.

In my opinion, the City Chelsea rivalry is set to define the next decade of Premiership football, in the same way the United Liverpool rivalry defined previous decades. Mourinho will sign a top quality striker in the summer, and Chelsea will be even stronger next season. We need to take this challenge full on and rise to it. Pellegrini taking Mourinho on in the media is no bad thing imo, but he needs to start winning matches against him before this becomes an issue for the team.

Are we not also further strengthening this summer then;)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
hgblue said:
moomba said:
MP had better get used to conparisons between him and Jose as its certainly being built up as a grudge rivalry between the two.

Winners are grinners though, I thought MP outfoxed Jose at Stamford Bridge but got none of the plaudits as the result didnt go our way.

I wish he'd show more flexibility with his tactics but its hard to argue when we're getting results.

In my opinion, the City Chelsea rivalry is set to define the next decade of Premiership football, in the same way the United Liverpool rivalry defined previous decades. Mourinho will sign a top quality striker in the summer, and Chelsea will be even stronger next season. We need to take this challenge full on and rise to it. Pellegrini taking Mourinho on in the media is no bad thing imo, but he needs to start winning matches against him before this becomes an issue for the team.

Are we not also further strengthening this summer then;)

Bloody hope so mate ;). I've been banging on about a top quality centre back and holding midfielder for so long that I'm even starting to bore myself to death.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Our manager gave a speech in the dressing room to ALL the players after the Chelsea game which left the players roaring by the end of it.

It went down very well indeed and we should thank Mourinho for playing his part.

any more detail?

getting quite sick of maureen now and his drivel.......basically what he is doing is playing down his own chances of winning the title. When in fact chelsea are one of the favourites to go on and win it.

Basically what he is doing is undermining his own teams chances so that if they fail to win the title he can come out to the press and say something like, I told you so...we were never one of the favourites we are not complete yada yada yada.....

He will then not get any flack at all from the press etc as he will just state this was his belief all along, distancing himself from the failure to land the title with a good enough squad, ultimately lying the blame at the players feet.

However if they actually did win it, he will then get total admiration and take all the credit, thus self-serving his ego to the maximum and allowing his own status to be held in higher esteem with the press

This is why I glad we never went near this knob as our manager.

We have a manager who has stated that we will not change the way we play, and rightly so. Lets not forget that he has only been in the job since last summer. Results at the beginning of the season can be put down to Pellers adjusting to life in the prem and the players getting used to the system of how he wants us to play.

We have been excellent both home and away in the second half of the season with the players now understanding their roles etc. One result against chelsea does not change anything, all it did show was that certain individual players are not near good enough to fill the void when our first choice players are injured. Something that you can bet both Pellers and Txiki are fully aware of, thus the attempt to get both Mangala and Fernando in the January window.

Maureen seems to also think that we are a completed article - he is actually wrong. We are an excellent side but we are not yet complete as that game showed. We need players in both DM, CB and LB and we will most probably get another GK in the summer as well along with the possibility of another wide player.

For me Pellers is getting it spot on and as a team we will only get better

Big mistake to have a pop at Moaningho. Saying nowt is the best policy, failing that sarcasm is the next best policy.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
getting quite sick of maureen now and his drivel.......basically what he is doing is playing down his own chances of winning the title. When in fact chelsea are one of the favourites to go on and win it.

Basically what he is doing is undermining his own teams chances so that if they fail to win the title he can come out to the press and say something like, I told you so...we were never one of the favourites we are not complete yada yada yada.....

Maureen's the new Mancini

BlueAnorak said:
Big mistake to have a pop at Moaningho. Saying nowt is the best policy, failing that sarcasm is the next best policy.

I'd prefer he said nothing but I wouldnt think it will have any impact on anything.

For all the press desperation and love for mind games they don't tend to make any difference to anything.

BlueAnorak said:

I think Pellers has been quite right to actually state and say - no, chelsea are actually one of the favourites to win the title and it is just maureen covering his arse should they fail

tonea2003 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Our manager gave a speech in the dressing room to ALL the players after the Chelsea game which left the players roaring by the end of it.

It went down very well indeed and we should thank Mourinho for playing his part.

any more detail?

Not really, mate.

Players were saying how Pellegrini really picked the best moment to talk about how hard they had already worked this season and 'we' weren't going to give in.

the blue panther said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

Maureen's the new Mancini

Mancini was the new Ferguson. He used to concede the league after their first defeat of the season. Every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.