Discuss Pellegrini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I'm afraid those waiting for a more pragmatic Pellegrini will wait for eternity.
His remit was for asthetic attacking football and that is what we have seen mostly.
The way we play leaves us open quite a bit, but this isn't what has cost us. It's
been some awful individual mistakes, mainly. Obviously we need to win trophies
on top, but I think the hierarchy realised that this season would be one of transition,
in respect to the new playing system as well as playing staff and manager.
I'm sure whether we win the league or not, next season is the season where
we will finally flourish. Just my opinion of course.
Mine too.

Don't see why people don't think Pellers has got pragmatism in his locker though. Take Barcelona at home for example.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I'm afraid those waiting for a more pragmatic Pellegrini will wait for eternity.
His remit was for asthetic attacking football and that is what we have seen mostly.
The way we play leaves us open quite a bit, but this isn't what has cost us. It's
been some awful individual mistakes, mainly. Obviously we need to win trophies
on top, but I think the hierarchy realised that this season would be one of transition,
in respect to the new playing system as well as playing staff and manager.
I'm sure whether we win the league or not, next season is the season where
we will finally flourish. Just my opinion of course.

Arsenal have played nice football for at least 7 of the last 9 years and won fuck all.

Ultimately to keep our profile high we have to win things and whilst he will get away with a league cup this season, we need the league or CL next season or he is out of a job.

Totally agree, just saying I don't think Manuel is going to change anytime soon.

BillyShears said:
nikoman said:
I thinks this situation it's really funny.
1st: Man City loss to Barcelona, Pellegrini too conservative, we have to smash them from the star !
2nd: Man City loss to Liverrpool, Pellegrini to open, they were going to outscore us !

I think neither of these 2 aproach are ok, and people should be more wise and realize football isn't an exact ciencie and every match it's different, so let's hope the best in the upcoming matches.

There hasn't been a defeat this season where the same people haven't posted various shades of the same thing about Pellegrini. Ultimately it's a bit of a popularity contest for them. They don't fancy him so anything which goes wrong has to be his fault, even when it's patently not.

Have you ever not fancied a manager and argued your case on here?

nikoman said:
I thinks this situation it's really funny.
1st: Man City loss to Barcelona, Pellegrini too conservative, we have to smash them from the star !
2nd: Man City loss to Liverrpool, Pellegrini to open, they were going to outscore us !

I think neither of these 2 aproach are ok, and people should be more wise and realize football isn't an exact ciencie and every match it's different, so let's hope the best in the upcoming matches.

It's called knee jerk mate. Fucking loads on here after a loss.
Too many used to winning in FIFA14. It's easy this managing lark, you see.

Being a bit harsh on pellegrini, it's his first season and we have improved next season he won't make the same mistakes. It could have been worse he could have done a Davy with this squad of players least we have qualified for the champions league again unlike the rags with the chosen one.

John.des said:
Ateltico and Dortmund have all these athletic players that have the legs to press .. we have a squad full of lazy players who don't want to do any ball chasing.

Harsh, but there is big truth in it. Our players like it more comfortable. And it was like this under Mancini too. Atletico or Dortmund under their current manager wouldnt sign players like Nasri even if they would have the money for it. Unfortunately we signed many good players without any plan, specially for a certain position with a certain role, just bought them for inflated price and then tried to build a team.
We still paying the price for it years later.

We are still paying the price for sure. Mancini and Hughes just went on a massive spending spree, buying whatever they fancied without thinking twice.

Pellegrini is more calculated. He knows exactly what kind of team he wants to build and what players he needs. I think his signings were decent. His best signing was Fernandinho.

One thing that most of the players he signed have in common is that they work hard. Demichelis, Navas, Negredo and Fernandinho are hard workers. They work hard on the pitch. Okay Navas isn't the best winger in the world but unlike Nasri he can press high up the pitch. Demichlis has weaknesses but the guy is actually one of the best defenders in Europe, everybody thought he would be exposed today but he was the best player on the pitch.

-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:02 pm --

Marvin said:
John.des said:
Ateltico and Dortmund have all these athletic players that have the legs to press .. we have a squad full of lazy players who don't want to do any ball chasing.

Harsh, but there is big truth in it. Our players like it more comfortable. And it was like this under Mancini too. Atletico or Dortmund under their current manager wouldnt sign players like Nasri even if they would have the money for it. Unfortunately we signed many good players without any plan, specially for a certain position with a certain role, just bought them for inflated price and then tried to build a team.
I agree with this

But the manager has to adapt his tactics to the players he has at his disposal

We try to play a pressing game, but there are 2-3 players who just can't do it

If you don't press you get pushed into your own half. I don't know about you but I don't like it when my team is being humiliated and pushed into a corner.

You are right that only a few players can do it.. but it is imporant that the Pellegrini gets the team to press to find out who cannot press .. once he finds out he trains those players and if they don't learn , he gets rid of them.

gungho-tactics said:
John.des said:

We are still paying the price for sure. Mancini and Hughes just went on a massive spending spree, buying whatever they fancied without thinking twice.

Pellegrini is more calculated. He knows exactly what kind of team he wants to build and what players he needs. I think his signings were decent. His best signing was Fernandinho.

One thing that most of the players he signed have in common is that they work hard. Demichelis, Navas, Negredo and Fernandinho are hard workers. They work hard on the pitch. Okay Navas isn't the best winger in the world but unlike Nasri he can press high up the pitch. Demichlis has weaknesses but the guy is actually one of the best defenders in Europe, everybody thought he would be exposed today but he was the best player on the pitch.

I really don't think Pellegrini could claim those players were 'his signings', with perhaps the belated addition of Demichelis. The squad is assembled by others, and he will have some input, but if we don't win the league this year/next year, then I would imagine someone else will be given a chance to play with the pieces.

John.des said:

Bingo.

ChicagoBlue said:
dw7 said:
Useless **** sooner the better he's gone sacked or fucks off himself.

He choked with Madrid in a 2 team league what makes people think it will be any different with city in a harder league

Delusional!

RM had their HIGHEST EVER points total and lost the league to a record points haul by Barca! Took Malaga...yes Malaga...the the latter stages of the CL, and City are playing the best football they have ever played IN HIS FIRST SEASON IN ENGLISH FOOTBALL, and he's already own silverware, with a chance of winning the League!

FFS, are you new to football, City, the whole "Project," or do you only like managers who never lose?

Grab some perspective with the next beer!

Highest points accumilated but ultimately won fuck all because he lost (i think) both games to the eventual winners Barca. Mouriniho replaced him and surpassed his points record and actually won something

Personally i dont want to be entertained all the time - yes tippy tappy pretty football is great but then again ask any Arsenal fan what do they waqnt entertainment or trophies.

It may be his first season in english football but after todays performance he appears to have learnt fuck all. Gone for me but sadly it looks like we will have another 12 months of this muppetry

City fans were wanking over themselves earlier in the season about how many goals we were going to score this season well we could score another two hundred but it dont matter its no longer in our hands. Sometimes just sometimes a pragmatic we must not lose approach is appropriate. For a manager whom is such a motivator then the way we started many games this season would indicate that is something of a myth

Gabriel said:
gungho-tactics said:
John.des said:

I really don't think Pellegrini could claim those players were 'his signings', with perhaps the belated addition of Demichelis. The squad is assembled by others, and he will have some input, but if we don't win the league this year/next year, then I would imagine someone else will be given a chance to play with the pieces.

From what I understand , Txiki doesn't force players on Pellegrini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.