Discuss Pellegrini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
I really think it's going to be a long few years for those who've been dead against Pellegrini since day one. He's not going anywhere and isn't going to change. Personally I'll take the downsides of a coach who prefers attacking football to the Mancini's and Benitez's of this world.

And the Mourinho's of this world.

I'm afraid those waiting for a more pragmatic Pellegrini will wait for eternity.
His remit was for asthetic attacking football and that is what we have seen mostly.
The way we play leaves us open quite a bit, but this isn't what has cost us. It's
been some awful individual mistakes, mainly. Obviously we need to win trophies
on top, but I think the hierarchy realised that this season would be one of transition,
in respect to the new playing system as well as playing staff and manager.
I'm sure whether we win the league or not, next season is the season where
we will finally flourish. Just my opinion of course.

bluwes said:
BillyShears said:
I really think it's going to be a long few years for those who've been dead against Pellegrini since day one. He's not going anywhere and isn't going to change. Personally I'll take the downsides of a coach who prefers attacking football to the Mancini's and Benitez's of this world.

It's all about trophies for me. No point playing great football and win nothing (apart from the reserve cup)

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I'm afraid those waiting for a more pragmatic Pellegrini will wait for eternity.
His remit was for asthetic attacking football and that is what we have seen mostly.
The way we play leaves us open quite a bit, but this isn't what has cost us. It's
on top, but I think the hierarchy realised that this season would be one of transition,

Arsenal have played nice football for at least 7 of the last 9 years and won fuck all.

Ultimately to keep our profile high we have to win things and whilst he will get away with a league cup this season, we need the league or CL next season or he is out of a job.

bluwes said:
BillyShears said:

i say we should stick with him but he does HAVE to change/learn, its great to watch sometimes but i would take someone who knows when to ease off a little and i really want him to and i do want him to be the man in charge, but i think there is 4 CL wins 3 PL titles and a La liga title in that lot above

I thinks this situation it's really funny.
1st: Man City loss to Barcelona, Pellegrini too conservative, we have to smash them from the star !
2nd: Man City loss to Liverrpool, Pellegrini to open, they were going to outscore us !

I think neither of these 2 aproach are ok, and people should be more wise and realize football isn't an exact ciencie and every match it's different, so let's hope the best in the upcoming matches.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

Arsenal have played nice football for at least 7 of the last 9 years and won fuck all.

Ultimately to keep our profile high we have to win things and whilst he will get away with a league cup this season, we need the league or CL next season or he is out of a job.

You can play attacking football and win.

Arsenal haven't won because they haven't been as good as others. And whenever Wenger built a team that could win things, others team would raid his best players. Arsenal are a selling club. They sell their best players. That's what their owners want.

Our owners are different, they want the team to grow, and get stronger.

Nobody is going to raid our best players from us.

Ateltico and Dortmund have all these athletic players that have the legs to press .. we have a squad full of lazy players who don't want to do any ball chasing.

Harsh, but there is big truth in it. Our players like it more comfortable. And it was like this under Mancini too. Atletico or Dortmund under their current manager wouldnt sign players like Nasri even if they would have the money for it. Unfortunately we signed many good players without any plan, specially for a certain position with a certain role, just bought them for inflated price and then tried to build a team.
We still paying the price for it years later.

nikoman said:
I thinks this situation it's really funny.
1st: Man City loss to Barcelona, Pellegrini too conservative, we have to smash them from the star !
2nd: Man City loss to Liverrpool, Pellegrini to open, they were going to outscore us !

I think neither of these 2 aproach are ok, and people should be more wise and realize football isn't an exact ciencie and every match it's different, so let's hope the best in the upcoming matches.

There hasn't been a defeat this season where the same people haven't posted various shades of the same thing about Pellegrini. Ultimately it's a bit of a popularity contest for them. They don't fancy him so anything which goes wrong has to be his fault, even when it's patently not.

John.des said:
Ateltico and Dortmund have all these athletic players that have the legs to press .. we have a squad full of lazy players who don't want to do any ball chasing.

Harsh, but there is big truth in it. Our players like it more comfortable. And it was like this under Mancini too. Atletico or Dortmund under their current manager wouldnt sign players like Nasri even if they would have the money for it. Unfortunately we signed many good players without any plan, specially for a certain position with a certain role, just bought them for inflated price and then tried to build a team.
We still paying the price for it years later.
I agree with this

But the manager has to adapt his tactics to the players he has at his disposal

We try to play a pressing game, but there are 2-3 players who just can't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.