Discuss Pellegrini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
gungho-tactics said:
dw7 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Having seen some of the shite you've posted this evening, I won't waste my breath arguing
It's true though our squad is a lot better ban Chelsea's

-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:28 pm --

gungho-tactics said:
Chelsea's squad cost more than our squad. Why isn't Mourinho "coasting the league" ?
May have cost more doesn't mean it's better

Is Torres better than agureo because he cost more

I'm sorry but Lukaku, Ba, Eto, Torres, these are decent strikers that can score goals. Chelsea also have several talented midfielders who can score goals.

Yet , Mourinho isn't coasting the league despite having the experience that Pellegrini doesn't have.

Ba has no knees. Eto'o is a man of indeterminable age and Torres has zero composure in front of goal. He has the footballing equivalent of the 'yips'. I have no idea how they are in the SF of the CL and in with a shot at the title with that strike force.

strongbowholic said:
When you have the creativity of Silva and Nasri, the drive of Yaya (prior to the injury of course) and Fernandinho too, not adding the drive, dependability and no nonsense approach of Milner in a game such as this is frankly ridiculous.

I have a real problem at times with Pellegrini's seeming insouciance. He is clearly a manager who likes to play good attacking football, but there are times whether we like it or not, a pragmatic approach is required and today called for Milner from the off with Navas on the bench.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's the cider but I'm fucking fuming with Pellers today.

Genuine question, but how would picking Milner have stopped any of Liverpool's goals? One was a set piece and two came from our left side.

Chippy_boy said:
George Hannah said:
Marvin said:
Was it? There wasn't long to go and it almost paid off when Silva almost scored
The key moments when it was 2-2 were the near-misses and the Kompany clearance which unluckily went straight to Countinho
That overhit pass (when he should have gone on himself) was Sergio's only threatening moment in a full third of the match - he was well off the pace. Dzeko's face when he was subbed said it all - a clear mistake.
Easily said from the comfort of your own home, 7 or 8 hours after the game's finished. What if Aguero - genius that he is - had come on and scored a couple? How did you know he wasn't going to? The answer is you didn't, and couldn't. So there's no way you could call it a clear mistake..
easily said in the 68th minute too - just as clear then as now

Far from fuming, I'm just disappointed that one of our most dependable big match players had a bad game.

I didn't see any tactical inadequacy, I saw City turn around a deficit and then throw it away at the end

BobKowalski said:
gungho-tactics said:
dw7 said:
It's true though our squad is a lot better ban Chelsea's

-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:28 pm --

May have cost more doesn't mean it's better

Is Torres better than agureo because he cost more

I'm sorry but Lukaku, Ba, Eto, Torres, these are decent strikers that can score goals. Chelsea also have several talented midfielders who can score goals.

Yet , Mourinho isn't coasting the league despite having the experience that Pellegrini doesn't have.

Ba has no knees. Eto'o is a man of indeterminable age and Torres has zero composure in front of goal. He has the footballing equivalent of the 'yips'. I have no idea how they are in the SF of the CL and in with a shot at the title with that strike force.

Yeah and Jovetic has been injured all season. Aguero has been out for 5 months. Dzeko isn't reliable and it is Negredo's first season.

I can make excuses too.

BillyShears said:
strongbowholic said:
When you have the creativity of Silva and Nasri, the drive of Yaya (prior to the injury of course) and Fernandinho too, not adding the drive, dependability and no nonsense approach of Milner in a game such as this is frankly ridiculous.

I have a real problem at times with Pellegrini's seeming insouciance. He is clearly a manager who likes to play good attacking football, but there are times whether we like it or not, a pragmatic approach is required and today called for Milner from the off with Navas on the bench.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's the cider but I'm fucking fuming with Pellers today.

Genuine question, but how would picking Milner have stopped any of Liverpool's goals? One was a set piece and two came from our left side.

We may have been a lot more cohesive and Liverpool may not have had those opportunities.

He's a bit boring - can't really empathise with him much? Anyone agree. I know he is supposed to be nicer than Mancini but the fans certainly don't like him as much yet???

I think Pellegrini reacted really well today and his changes made the difference, after a pretty poor start. The only criticism of him today would be Navas starting ahead of Milner, although that's easy to say with hindsight.

Personally, I haven't enjoyed us playing with 1 striker. I know it's been forced on us to some extent, but I think we played much better football when we were playing 2 strikers earlier in the season. And let's face it, that's the way that Pellegrini has naturally set his teams up throughout his career. It's kinda assumed that having an extra man in midfield helps you dominate the game, but I'm not sure that's necessarily the case, based on our games this season. A lot of teams have done well against us by harassing our midfield and giving us no time on the ball. Giving teams two world class strikers to worry about seems to create more space for our midfielders to play in. Currently, we're not getting the ball into the opposition's box anywhere near as easily as we were earlier in the season. And I can't be the only one to notice how many long balls we've been playing lately. We're still scoring goals, so maybe I'm talking bollocks, but I think we haven't played as well as when we had 2 strikers.

Before the game we all knew what we had to do and the formation we had to play. For the life of me I can't quite understand how a professional manager of one of the world's top teams can't see it. He just never changes from his same tactic and when he does and it works he'll still revert to his old tactic in the next game. With Mancini I doubt we'd have lost that game, 3 in the middle against the top sides in a must nowadays.

I'm With Stupid said:
I think Pellegrini reacted really well today and his changes made the difference, after a pretty poor start. The only criticism of him today would be Navas starting ahead of Milner, although that's easy to say with hindsight.

Personally, I haven't enjoyed us playing with 1 striker. I know it's been forced on us to some extent, but I think we played much better football when we were playing 2 strikers earlier in the season. And let's face it, that's the way that Pellegrini has naturally set his teams up throughout his career. It's kinda assumed that having an extra man in midfield helps you dominate the game, but I'm not sure that's necessarily the case, based on our games this season. A lot of teams have done well against us by harassing our midfield and giving us no time on the ball. Giving teams two world class strikers to worry about seems to create more space for our midfielders to play in. Currently, we're not getting the ball into the opposition's box anywhere near as easily as we were earlier in the season. And I can't be the only one to notice how many long balls we've been playing lately. We're still scoring goals, so maybe I'm talking bollocks, but I think we haven't played as well as when we had 2 strikers.
I thought we played some great attacking football today, but like you I prefer when we play 2 strikers. But you answered your own point, we don't play two strikers at the moment because of injury to Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.