Discuss Pellegrini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
sjk2008 said:
His first season, lads.

Sacking managers for not winning the league at the first attempt is a little "Chelsea-esque", isn't it?

I'd agree that the knives can come out next season if it's a failure, but a little premature to want rid of him now.

No one is frustrated about the title, but the way how a Manager would see complacency and continue to scratch his balls on the bench.

jimharri said:
Kun Aguero said:
He should have got them fucking raring to go for the second half. Been a decent season, won't win the league now, has to improve next season.
Er; up to the trip to WHL, possibly. Since then? Don't make me laugh.

Won the league cup, scored lots of goals, players seem happier. We can't win the league every year.

Next season he has to be better prepered for going away to the smaller teams. I hope he never starts Negredo and Dzeko together again.

pudge said:
"Yes sir, no sir, right away sir"

One of the major drawbacks with employing a yes man is that you end up with a yes man. Give me a nasty winner anyday.

I know I post a lot of shit. However, this is not a knee jerk reaction. I'm very calm right now. We have bought very badly. We have the highest wage bill in world sport.

I wanted Mancini gone. However, it is now conclusive that Pellegrini is no tactician. All he does is play the same style of football every week. No plan B. No plan to stop the opposition. Just sheer arrogance that we can be mini-Barcelona, let me tell you we are a shell of Barcelona. Why? Because Iniesta and Xavi actually give a shit about their club. He stands there like a plank of wood regardless of the result. Never changes the formation, just the personnel.

We turn up week in week out like we are fucking drunk. Our players look shocked that a game of football is happening. No pressing. No aggression. No passion.

Hart is NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS SOME THINK. I've never seen a keeper get beat at his near post so many times.

It's just funny. Seriously. Money can't buy passion because that is why teams like Wigan and Sunderland embarrass us time and time again. Because they want it more. After 4 years and 2 managers we still can't beat Sunderland and Stoke away. We seem to never learn our lesson.

I'm actually embarrassed to be a city fan tonight. The balance of the team is not right. We have way to many stars and not enough 'glue' players. Cahill, Terry, Azpic etc. Chelsea have a bedrock of solid performers. Aside from Fernandinho and Zaba all of our players have a howler in them. Even Liverpool have Henderson etc. Hard workers. We have a load of lazy fuckers robbing us blind.

Soriano promised that we would have a director of football approach and that the first team coach would be cycled every 2 seasons or so. Fuck managerial stability. This isn't 1980 any more. Sack him and hope Madrid sack Ancelotti at the end of the season.

I worry that he's Chile's answer to Kevin Keegan, ie nice guy who will never win the top prizes. Plus I've not seen any great tactical change from Mancini as we have increasingly reverted to a slow build up.

However I do think we have been unlucky with injuries. Aguero (still not fit) has missed a third of the season, Kompany missed many games and now right at the end of the season Ya Ya and Silva are not fit. Yes you can say we have spent a lot of money but any team would miss these players.

I don't care what anyone says we've been better this year than last and won a cup. You can't just ignore the fact we've only had all our main players fit for about 3 games all year.
One thing I can't forgive him for though was our disgraceful exit from the FA cup, he dressed as if he couldnt be assed in a fucking hoodie and the players played as if they could just turn up and win.
I'd give him another year to prove his credentials but so far he has seemed rather tactically naive with the way he just picks the same formation for every game (up until injuries recently forced him to do otherwise).

Kun Aguero said:
jimharri said:
Kun Aguero said:
He should have got them fucking raring to go for the second half. Been a decent season, won't win the league now, has to improve next season.
Er; up to the trip to WHL, possibly. Since then? Don't make me laugh.

Won the league cup, scored lots of goals, players seem happier. We can't win the league every year.

Next season he has to be better prepered for going away to the smaller teams. I hope he never starts Negredo and Dzeko together again.
Why not just buy up the Southampton team. Add Kompany, Silva, Toure and Aguero. ... maybe Joe Hart. Job done!

@BluePhil8 said:
I know I post a lot of shit. However, this is not a knee jerk reaction. I'm very calm right now. We have bought very badly. We have the highest wage bill in world sport.

I wanted Mancini gone. However, it is now conclusive that Pellegrini is no tactician. All he does is play the same style of football every week. No plan B. No plan to stop the opposition. Just sheer arrogance that we can be mini-Barcelona, let me tell you we are a shell of Barcelona. Why? Because Iniesta and Xavi actually give a shit about their club. He stands there like a plank of wood regardless of the result. Never changes the formation, just the personnel.

We turn up week in week out like we are fucking drunk. Our players look shocked that a game of football is happening. No pressing. No aggression. No passion.

Hart is NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS SOME THINK. I've never seen a keeper get beat at his near post so many times.

It's just funny. Seriously. Money can't buy passion because that is why teams like Wigan and Sunderland embarrass us time and time again. Because they want it more. After 4 years and 2 managers we still can't beat Sunderland and Stoke away. We seem to never learn our lesson.

I'm actually embarrassed to be a city fan tonight. The balance of the team is not right. We have way to many stars and not enough 'glue' players. Cahill, Terry, Azpic etc. Chelsea have a bedrock of solid performers. Aside from Fernandinho and Zaba all of our players have a howler in them. Even Liverpool have Henderson etc. Hard workers. We have a load of lazy fuckers robbing us blind.

Soriano promised that we would have a director of football approach and that the first team coach would be cycled every 2 seasons or so. Fuck managerial stability. This isn't 1980 any more. Sack him and hope Madrid sack Ancelotti at the end of the season.

An awful lot to agree with there regarding our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.