Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bugsyblue said:
flb said:
OrigamiNinja said:
My main concern is the total lack of any idea of how to defend, we have gone from looking rock solid at the back to being all over the place. The idea that we should just all stand on the edge of the box hoping to catch someone offside is plain crazy. Years ago when being level was offside and there was no interfering/not interfering with play, this was a viable tactic but not now. We just look like idiots game after game. Here is a crazy thought......Let our defenders, defend! Why rely on some idiot with a flag to determine our fate? Just defend!

When you look at some of our baffling tactics and our form falling off a cliff its unsurprising that he looks set for the chop and if he is sacked I can certainly see why. The main argument against it for me is the message it sends out, to the outside world it will almost certainly look like "Win the league or youre sacked" and I dont see how that is a sustainable model because no team wins the league every year!

Whatever happens going forward I think we should remember he won us the double last season. Yeah there will be those that say he did it with someone else's team but you could point that finger at a lot of managers these days given the lack of time most managers get in the top jobs. He did us proud last season and think on that basis he deserves a certain level of respect.

The sad thing is that we were defending better with alleged inferior defenders like Lescott,Richards and Nastasic in the side

Just shows you how pathetic we have become

It's because they get zero protection from the midfield. Look at the derby, only ferdaninho back defending at most times. Yaya, silva, Navas and Nasri can't defend. We can afford to give one of them license, ie silva, but not the others.
alot to be said about keepin shape and defending as a unit our team looks like they are just sent out onto the pitch and told do what you want . No hard work off the ball no shape its a mess what we have become as a unit . Set pieces a shambles too and now more worrying confidance in the players looks shot

Embarrassing that he's not been sacked yet.

It's like a malignant tumour. We need to cut him out before it becomes terminal.

It might already be too late, though.

As if we sacked Mancini for finishing 2nd and getting to a cup final, yet we haven't sacked Pellegrini after this collapse! He doesn't seem arsed and neither do the players.

Devastated today.

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
karen7 said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Manuel Pellergrini' - As quoted at yesterday's post match press conference:

"The only way we can change it is working. Working with the minds of the players, working with the team. Working with a lot of things. We must improve and I hope when the team wins again that we will recover their trust."

Maybe it's just me reading more into it than I should, by not taking into account that English isn't his first language, but did anyone else consider his use of the word 'trust,' rather than 'conference,' more than a little interesting.

"We will recover their trust" sounds like he has well and truly lost the dressing room

'fraid so Karen. It's not really down to him, in my view, he's just a nodding dog who does as he's told.

It's Soriano & Tixxi that are the main ones that have dictated our disasterous transfer policy, and playing style, over the last two and a half years

Until we get shut of them, nothing's gonna change, unfortunately... Sabella FFS!!

BRING BACK GARRY COOK!!

Somebody wrote a small piece on this very subject on this forum not long ago. Explaining manuals management style being solely based on trust. Basically compared to other managers I think it was. I can't remember word for word or where I read it specifically but it made a lot of sense and would tie in perfect perfectly with the comments from his presser.

Presumably Khaldoon has the final say on this with input from Ferran and Txiki, but bearing in mind it was the spanish duo who pulled the plug on Mancini they probably are key here.

If Pellegrini stays then it's because he's their man.

And from where I am sitting if we fail to make the top 4 their heads should be on the block. If however they act and it goes pearshaped I am prepared to give them some slack. Likewise if somehow we manage to qualify despite the charming man still being in charge.

The reality is that when Ferguson decided he had had enough of Beckham, Keane, Ince, Kanchelskis, Stam ete etc he was the man with unilateral power. Not sure our model is going to work when it comes to getting rid of deadwood. Two many cooks and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.