Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main concern is the total lack of any idea of how to defend, we have gone from looking rock solid at the back to being all over the place. The idea that we should just all stand on the edge of the box hoping to catch someone offside is plain crazy. Years ago when being level was offside and there was no interfering/not interfering with play, this was a viable tactic but not now. We just look like idiots game after game. Here is a crazy thought......Let our defenders, defend! Why rely on some idiot with a flag to determine our fate? Just defend!

When you look at some of our baffling tactics and our form falling off a cliff its unsurprising that he looks set for the chop and if he is sacked I can certainly see why. The main argument against it for me is the message it sends out, to the outside world it will almost certainly look like "Win the league or youre sacked" and I dont see how that is a sustainable model because no team wins the league every year!

Whatever happens going forward I think we should remember he won us the double last season. Yeah there will be those that say he did it with someone else's team but you could point that finger at a lot of managers these days given the lack of time most managers get in the top jobs. He did us proud last season and think on that basis he deserves a certain level of respect.

BoundedCascade said:
How he has not been sacked yet is beyond me. He should have been gone after Burnley and they are still debating now. Its farcicle.
Who are we going to get in right now?

End of the season is when he'll go, when we've a better chance of getting a good replacement in.

karen7 said:
Pastor Kidney said:
baildon blue said:
Only bad defeat Mancini had was Liverpool 3-0, 2011 .
That was before the F.A cup semi final .

That was a shocker, the Anfield hoodoo is very much alive as we saw the other week. The only other 'bad' defeat Mancini suffered was a 3-0 home defeat to Arsenal in 2010.. of course that was down to Boyata getting sent off after 4 minutes I think (Nasri scoring the opener!).

Aston Villa in the carling cup was 4 to them i recall

Yep.. forgot about that, that was 2012-13 so not so long ago

badaz52 said:
I really can't help but think that Mancini was dropped far too soon. Many complained because he had lost the dressing room because of publicly criticising certain players but lets look at those he did criticise and see if they deserved it?

Samir Nasri, Carlos Tevez, Adam Johnson, I'm sure there were others

They all had similar traits, played when they felt like it, tracked back when they felt like it and when subbed complained and showed insubordination towards the manager.

I think Pellegrini is partially to blame as he just doesn't seem to have the will power to change tactics or oust the players who aren't performing like Mancini would have done or is it that Soriano and Begistrain are telling him who he must play?

I personally think the next stage in our development as a force in football is to now show the world that players who come to the club must fight for their place, we can start by ditching Toure, Fernandinho, Mangala and Sagna, take a leaf out of bacon face's book for once NO SINGLE PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB. Toure should have gone when he demonstrated that his birthday was more important than putting a shift in.

We need to let Pellegrini rebuild a squad of players who want to play for him, I don't think replacing him is worthwhile unless we can get someone like Guardiola.

Well Txiki, that last sentence is why 90% of city fans want you out of the door too.

chabal said:
Well I am going for a bike ride now and by the time I get back I expect Pellegrini to have been sacked, Toni Duggan to have been shot and Yaya sold to PSG for 200m.

I'm back.

Have I missed anything?

Bluemoon115 said:
BoundedCascade said:
How he has not been sacked yet is beyond me. He should have been gone after Burnley and they are still debating now. Its farcicle.

End of the season is when he'll go, when we've a better chance of getting a good replacement in.

End of season might be to late, if we end up outside the top 4 we are fucked.

i say put Paddy in charge for the last games, cant possibly do any worse than Pelligrini has done since january.

dr mcfc is mine said:
The silence is defining... I suspect hours rather than days

What silence though?
The only time there wouldn't be silence is if he is sacked now.

They aren't going to make a statement saying 'we are backing him' as that may well be a lie (it likely is).

Equally, they aren't going to say 'he is our manager until the end of the season'- that would achieve nothing.

I am the same mate, I desperately want to hear something. I am refreshing the page every 5 mins for updates, but realistically what are we going to hear? I can't imagine we have sacked him - we are just too 'nice' these days. If we were to hear anything, though, it would be that.

Bluemoon115 said:
BoundedCascade said:

Vieira for the last 6 games then have him as an assistant to whoever comes in in the summer.

OrigamiNinja said:
My main concern is the total lack of any idea of how to defend, we have gone from looking rock solid at the back to being all over the place. The idea that we should just all stand on the edge of the box hoping to catch someone offside is plain crazy. Years ago when being level was offside and there was no interfering/not interfering with play, this was a viable tactic but not now. We just look like idiots game after game. Here is a crazy thought......Let our defenders, defend! Why rely on some idiot with a flag to determine our fate? Just defend!

When you look at some of our baffling tactics and our form falling off a cliff its unsurprising that he looks set for the chop and if he is sacked I can certainly see why. The main argument against it for me is the message it sends out, to the outside world it will almost certainly look like "Win the league or youre sacked" and I dont see how that is a sustainable model because no team wins the league every year!

Whatever happens going forward I think we should remember he won us the double last season. Yeah there will be those that say he did it with someone else's team but you could point that finger at a lot of managers these days given the lack of time most managers get in the top jobs. He did us proud last season and think on that basis he deserves a certain level of respect.

The sad thing is that we were defending better with alleged inferior defenders like Lescott,Richards and Nastasic in the side

Just shows you how pathetic we have become

Pastor Kidney said:
karen7 said:
Pastor Kidney said:
That was a shocker, the Anfield hoodoo is very much alive as we saw the other week. The only other 'bad' defeat Mancini suffered was a 3-0 home defeat to Arsenal in 2010.. of course that was down to Boyata getting sent off after 4 minutes I think (Nasri scoring the opener!).

Aston Villa in the carling cup was 4 to them i recall

Yep.. forgot about that, that was 2012-13 so not so long ago

Remember that villa game. Lesscott,nasty and boyata in a back three iirc. Nasties debut. Dennis suarez in midfield.
We were shite and i got soaked watching it. It pissed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.