Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluefandk said:
Ray78 said:
Sabella is the most obvious choice.

Why? He is not exactly a top tier maneger.

Sheikh Mansour knows him. He appointed him manager of his club ( Al Jazira Club). Not my choice but the one who is immediately available.

Ray78 said:
Sabella is the most obvious choice.

Is he? Not sure many would have linked him without the help of the Daily Star. I'm putting my money on Stuart Pearce.

nmc said:
stony said:
Manc in London said:
At least the appointment of Redknapp until the end of the season would provide some light relief.

If a short term appointment, I do hope it is someone who at least knows the league and can settle in straight away. We don't need a tactical genius or someone with a great track record. We just need someone who can galvanise the team and make us difficult to score against. It's not too much to ask.

I wasn't being serious mate. I'd be mortified if we signed Harry.

Imagine Harry let lose with our owners millions - Defoe, Crouch Krankjar - smashing lads, triffic...

Kaboul and Chimbonda too. I am sure Willie McKay would be on the phone to Harry straight away.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I am sensing a disturbance in The Force.

How far up are we feeling this disturbance, hopefully not too high but then again high enough

Lot of politics in play, and we can be confident the real Force is involved.

Vested interests at other clubs.

If Real lose to Atleti then Ancelotti?

meltonblue said:
I'm in two minds about all of it.

On the one hand, I don't think we have bought well since Aguero and yet we have won two titles in that period and have been hampered by the restrictions.

On the one hand, our players are not up to scratch this year and the investment in our squad and it's value is now behind both United and Chelsea. On the other, it was only January that we were exactly level with them.

On the one hand, Pellegrini has had a very poor season and has been tactically naive. On the other, his starting system yesterday was spot on and it is not creation of chances that is killing us, it is not taking them.

On the one hand jeremy beadle had a small nob. On the other...

It goes on and on.

All three - signings, players and the manager are to blame. The easiest to change is the latter but that won't solve all of our problems in the long run. This summer is going to be pivotal and I just hope that we are still taking the long term view. What I want to see more than anything is more communication from the club about that long term strategy so that the short term pain can be contextualised better. Without that, I fear this could easily turn into an endless cycle where one season (and only actually half a season) results in mass change far too often.

Just out of curiosity.... how manage hands do you have? ;-)

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Balti said:
money pouring in for Ancelotti. As low as evens now.....

To come in now, or at the end of the season?

No way this is related to Carlo. Madrid have got a quarter final with Atleti coming up. He may be manager next year but no way next match.

And if there are negotiations going on now it means we are thinking of ditching Manuel now. Only three options.

Sabella, currently unemployed.

Rafa, on the edge of the sack.

Vieira, already at the club. Probably the least complicated option.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I am sensing a disturbance in The Force.

How far up are we feeling this disturbance, hopefully not too high but then again high enough

Lot of politics in play, and we can be confident the real Force is involved.

Vested interests at other clubs.

Must try harder, Ancelotti it is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.