Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoever it is we have to decide before the transfer window begins. Even if our targets are being sounded out for months now, we need to get players that will fit the new managers style.

Wanchope n me Dickov said:
bluemoon27 said:
leech said:
Is it just me or is money going in on Benitez?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-city/next-permanent-manager" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager</a>

haha baconface and Gollum 100/1

I think Benitez's odds are tumbling for him to work in the Mancunian Suite at the Etihad on a match day. A fat spanish waiter role according to my sauce.

your sauce is outdated needs to play catchup.

Summerbuzz said:
stuff the odds on the next manage - I'm now taking bets on how long until the mods arrive and stop all the tomfoolery..... "because of the mobile users"

I either want Tom Foolery or Uncle Tom Cobley in.

Too do nothing now would be absolutely criminal. I have no confidence whatsoever that we are capable of turning around our season and winning the 4 or 5 games we need to achieve a top 4 finish.

Ancellotti wouldn't walk away from Real at this point in a million years. Still in with a chance of winning LaLiga and the champions league.

A bit left field but wonder whether city are considering Koeman? Will already know the spaniards well and plays the style of football they like?

Benitez and high defensive line doesnt really go well together.

As one of our core values I can't see that happening. Very happy about that too.

Bloke plays boring football, bottled it against GPC, constantly moans about refs, the FA and conspiracies against Liverpool, would flutter his eyelashes in the direction of dipperville for the duration. Would be quite upset if he got a gig with us.

My first is in West Brom
My second is in Wales
You may vacate me in August
But I'm not Peter Swales...

My first is in West Brom, well, we know they're The Baggies. A bag is made of plastic, manufactured in a factory
Factories were decimated in Wales, most notably under Maggie Thatcher
Thatcher was an MP, during August they're in recess
Peter Swales had a recess built into the heels of his Cuban shoes
Cuba is home to the Havana cigar
Cigar was a famous horse that went unbeaten in 50 flat races
50 is what you get for a Bullseye
Gary Owen played for West Brom
Take the B from West Brom
Add it to Owen and yes, you've turned down the chance of having this man as your next manager (cue sad piano music)...
<a class="postlink" href="http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/31/article-0-006165B200000258-143_468x516.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/ ... 68x516.jpg</a>

LoveCity said:
Rafa's Napoli: 4th place in Serie A, 1 win in their last 6 games.

A tactically astute coach who had his day, now is just 'meh' and has been overtaken by fresh faces with new ideas.

But if you try and pitch the job to a manager with the clause "you're out in a year", who can you really expect to get?

It's not Rafa. It was never going to be Rafa. It never will be Rafa. The entire notion is so laughable that it is becoming deeply worrying the number of people talking about it as if it's even remotely possible.

The 1, 2, & 3 of who City are talking to and expect to make a call from are incredibly predictable in the best possible way.

Mister Appointment said:
robbieh said:
Frankly if the powers that be take no action they deserve to miss out on top 4.

You really are a sad sad bastard. Get a life.

I am entitled to post my view without getting abuse from you.

You really are and always have been a conceited wanker of the highest order.

Mister Appointment said:
LoveCity said:
Rafa's Napoli: 4th place in Serie A, 1 win in their last 6 games.

A tactically astute coach who had his day, now is just 'meh' and has been overtaken by fresh faces with new ideas.

But if you try and pitch the job to a manager with the clause "you're out in a year", who can you really expect to get?

It's not Rafa. It was never going to be Rafa. It never will be Rafa. The entire notion is so laughable that it is becoming deeply worrying the number of people talking about it as if it's even remotely possible.

The 1, 2, & 3 of who City are talking to and expect to make a call from are incredibly predictable in the best possible way.

Are City talking to people with a view to now or in the summer? The type of manager we would be looking for surely would be employed now and not currently available? Unless it's a Koeman type manager who may move now. Is he a contender?

moomba said:
Benitez and high defensive line doesnt really go well together.

As one of our core values I can't see that happening. Very happy about that to.

A high defensive line and pressing are 2 things that we shouldn't be doing with he players we have. We'd be much better with a deeper defensive line and getting our midfield behind the ball when we are not in possession.

I think for the long-term pressing and a high defensive line is the way forward but currently we have players that don't suit that system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.