Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you give Vieira a go as our new manager.

If Pellegrini does go, i would like Viera to be given a chance.
He has done wonders with the EDS while doing all his coaching badges.
He is well respected by all the players young and old. His career has to say been impressive.
Knows the club inside out and has the personality and strength to handle big name players.
I think now is the perfect tome for him to blend some youth from the EDS with the other first team players and we do really have some quality youngsters in there.

Could give him a one year rolling contract and see where we go. If he does not do well we have other options by then for managers.

But with Lopes, Rekik, Denayer, and Angelino to name a few. We have to blood these guys at sometime and i think Viera is not afraid of doing that.

LoveCity said:
richards30 said:
hilts said:

Same person who give me spot on info when we got nailed for ffp mate. My cousin works at bbc sport media team and is good mates with a lad in city's media team and statements etc are being prepped and a board meeting of type was held today if tolm or someone could verify? The board are stunned as much as anything as to how bad its got and never thought we would even be close to missing out on top 4.

20/1 at Sky Bet if you trust your source.

Klopp has been found out a bit this year but could still be a good manager for us with the right players. The problem is on a scale of 1-10 of how much a player suits Klopp's football, most of ours would rate 1-5.

Klopp would need to prove that he is more than a one trick pony but he is a young, smart (not sartorially) coach and would hopefully continue to develop as a progressive coach if he came to City.

As I don't envisage Pep being available this summer, Klopp would be my first choice.

Pel says he doesn't know why the team is losing, well that's what hes paid for so he should know
MPs main method of defending seems to be the back four pushes out to the 18 yard line, or falls back to it and that's it, no one reacts to runners ,the opposition are dinking balls into 18 yards of space and destroying it all the time now, with a unit like Mangala you can defend the penalty spot quite easily and cut down the space to operate in
Also the midfield are not players who have the stamina to press and are for the most part poor tacklers, it would be better with this group of players to sit much deeper and counter attack

Davs 19 said:
Summerbuzz said:
I wouldn't be against us taking a punt on Klopp, far from it, but I can't see him and Txiki at the same club. JK is THE guy at Dortmund, and employing him as a mere coach would be very strange indeed.

Does he not work with a DOF ? Michael Zorc ?

Err, yeah, now you mention it....

despite you deftly undermining my argument, I am left with the same gut feeling.

I would be happy with Klopp, think despite this year he has proved he's a top manager, and maybe this is why we have had a recent high interest in marco reus

Re: Would you give Vieira a go as our new manager.

Only to the end of the season,just does not have
The experience yet.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Pellers is meeting the targets set by the management , 5 trophies in 5 years , Mancini was sacked because he was not meeting the targets , not rocket science . MP will be manager next year , he needs to get rid of the deadwood , promote some of our excellent youngsters and sign a couple of genuine proven world class players ,we have had a blip , no big drama , it happens to all clubs , looking forward to 2015/16 already.

Yeah he has such a great record of playing youngsters.....

If he stays then we are fucked cos he has lost it.

We arent f*cked but we might have a season or two without a trophy , no great hardship for our supporters.

henryhoover said:
Pel says he doesn't know why the team is losing, well that's what hes paid for so he should know
MPs main method of defending seems to be the back four pushes out to the 18 yard line, or falls back to it and that's it, no one reacts to runners ,the opposition are dinking balls into 18 yards of space and destroying it all the time now, with a unit like Mangala you can defend the penalty spot quite easily and cut down the space to operate in
Also the midfield are not players who have the stamina to press and are for the most part poor tacklers, it would be better with this group of players to sit much deeper and counter attack

We are more predictable than any other side in the prem. Opposition managers must love playing us as we only ever play one way. If our skill radar is off then we have nothing else.

It's like the last 5 mins plus injury time against palace. Why not throw Kompany up front, bring Mangala on and play him up front. Something different. We were losing anyway, what harm could it do?

Nope, just keep passing it sideways, keep the ball, trust the players.......it's just shite. Predictable shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.