Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Klopp It would be like swapping one problem for another,

FANS TURNING

Things would get worse before they got better. Dortmund emerged from the winter break looking tighter and more disciplined in defence, but just as clueless going forward. Against Bayer Leverkusen at the end of January, their pass completion rate was just 44 per cent. Not possession; pass completion. In other words, almost three in every five passes was going astray. A goalless draw left them bottom of the table.

Then, a 1-0 defeat at home to 10-man Augsburg earlier this month saw the first concerted elements of fan unrest. Angry protests took place after the match, and Hummels and goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller walked over to the jeering fans to speak to them in person and appeal for calm.

Slowly, things started looking up. Tying the brilliant attacking midfielder Reus to a new four-year contract was a spectacular and unexpected coup. Meanwhile, consecutive wins have lifted them out of the bottom three, with a trip to Juventus to come on Tuesday night. But with their Bundesliga status at risk, the Champions League holds little interest for Klopp. “We only want to stay in this league, and to make that secure as early as possible,” he said last week. “I’m not worried about anything else.”

He looked tired. And there have been times during this season when Klopp has looked more tired than ever. Seven years in a job this relentless must take its toll. Eleven places and 30 points ahead of them, Bayern Munich are disappearing out of sight, having taken two of Dortmund’s best players – Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski – with them.

The temptation to start afresh in a country that loves him will eventually become overwhelming. But still the inventor of fighting football carries on fighting. “We’ve had a guilty conscience for long enough,” he said ahead of their last game, a 3-2 win over Stuttgart. “Now we have to start playing positively.”

At times during the Stuttgart game, you could see it. Dortmund were still giving the ball away far too easily, but there were flashes of the old magic too. They were winning the ball high up the pitch, just like they used to. They were moving it at speed. And their effortless second goal – Gündoğan, Reus, a back-heel from Kagawa, the finish from Gündoğan – evoked the carefree one-touch kickabout from training earlier in the week.

On the touchline, Klopp pumped his fist: once, then again, and again and again, until finally he was engulfed by his bench, a blur of leaping yellow and black.

Certain teams are unmistakable.

I wouldn't mind Klopp. I don't think that Soriano and B'stan will go near him. Please not Benitez or Sabella.

Pellegrini is doomed i heard an interview with that football genius Stuart Pearce saying in his opinion he should be allowed to stay and continue into next season as well. That endorsement is akin to the grim reaper popping up at your bedside and telling you not to worry you look fine!

Summerbuzz said:
Davs 19 said:
Summerbuzz said:
I wouldn't be against us taking a punt on Klopp, far from it, but I can't see him and Txiki at the same club. JK is THE guy at Dortmund, and employing him as a mere coach would be very strange indeed.

Does he not work with a DOF ? Michael Zorc ?

Err, yeah, now you mention it....

despite you deftly undermining my argument, I am left with the same gut feeling.

Yes but the clue is they work together with Zorc doing his up most to get the players Klopp wants. With Txiki its the other way round.

LoveCity said:
richards30 said:
hilts said:

Same person who give me spot on info when we got nailed for ffp mate. My cousin works at bbc sport media team and is good mates with a lad in city's media team and statements etc are being prepped and a board meeting of type was held today if tolm or someone could verify? The board are stunned as much as anything as to how bad its got and never thought we would even be close to missing out on top 4.

20/1 at Sky Bet if you trust your source.

Klopp has been found out a bit this year but could still be a good manager for us with the right players. The problem is on a scale of 1-10 of how much a player suits Klopp's football, most of ours would rate 1-5.
Pretty sure those odds would be much lower if City's media team were leaking such info.

Wanchope n me Dickov said:
Mister Appointment said:
Summerbuzz said:
I wouldn't be against us taking a punt on Klopp, far from it, but I can't see him and Txiki at the same club. JK is THE guy at Dortmund, and employing him as a mere coach would be very strange indeed.

He was approached before Pellegrini to replace Mancini. Pretty sure he's on record as saying so.

JK is as mad as a box of frogs and I like it. Get him in. The Dortmund performance at our place was one of the best team performances I've seen.
he will not come, mate. as guardiola will also not come to city.

i don´t know, who made the people think, that they will so easy quit in their german clubs and just coming happy, voluntary and trouble-free to our club.

kloppo, for example, are signed in dortmund till 2018. and there are there no clause or ammount of money due to conclusion of contract. so, city have to negotiate with them.

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...-bei-borussia-dortmund-bis-2018-a-930838.html (german)

i rather see angelotti or any others coming, but not the germans, imo.

MEN just posted a link on Twitter with breaking news saying Pellegrini is SAFE! Worst possible news.

Absolutely crestfallen. He has to carry the can.

Terrible news if true. He's completely clueless.

VOOMER said:
Summerbuzz said:
Davs 19 said:
Does he not work with a DOF ? Michael Zorc ?

Err, yeah, now you mention it....

despite you deftly undermining my argument, I am left with the same gut feeling.

Yes but the clue is they work together with Zorc doing his up most to get the players Klopp wants. With Txiki its the other way round.

Again not the ringing endorsement in what Dortmund brought in to replace their outgoings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.