Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on Ray78... it's bad enough to down tools if there's unrest with the manager, but are they also saying they have a gripe with the 48K paying customers too?

That said, there was nothing in the first 20 minutes that suggested anything other than them wanting to win the game. Once the equaliser came though, it was as if we were just waiting for the inevitable to happen. The spirit evaporated quicker than a pint of meths.

blue underpants said:
What the hell, I will throw another 2 names into the mix
Slaven Bilic
Fabio Capello
c´mon... billic is only another bet...

if pelle have to go, the idea is to get a new really good world class top manager, not such a promisses like the croatian one, imo. even pochettino is way much better then him...

Bluemoon115 said:
blue underpants said:
Big Yaya Wilko 12 said:
MEN just posted a link on Twitter with breaking news saying Pellegrini is SAFE! Worst possible news.

Absolutely crestfallen. He has to carry the can.

Terrible news if true. He's completely clueless.
There will be a lot of empty seats on Sunday if true
You mean to say you're not gonna go if he's still in charge?

When did we turn into the geordies?
Never said me, it's a generalisation, BTW I am half Geordie ;)

jrb said:
Davs 19 said:
blue underpants said:
There will be a lot of empty seats on Sunday if true

He's toast and he knows it. The man with gun and the big bag of cash is just waiting to find out whether his services are required during or post season.

Here!

Pellers is safe according to Brennan

Man City stars under pressure with Pellegrini safe

20:01, 13 April 2015
By Stuart Brennan

The club's hierarchy believe the players are to blame for what has been a disappointing season at the Etihad Stadium.

Manchester City's under-performing stars will carry the can for the club’s poor season.

But Manuel Pellegrini’s job is safe unless the current slump continues.

City have held no meetings about the manager’s future following Sunday’s derby surrender to United, and there are no discussions scheduled until the usual end of season review – which covers all staff, not just Pellegrini.

That will not change, unless the Blues blow up completely and fall out of the top four Champions League places.

The finger of blame from the club hierarchy is being pointed firmly at highly-paid stars like Yaya Toure, Edin Dzeko and Samir Nasri, who have all failed to hit the required standards.

Those three, and other big names, will be part of a purge in the summer – although the fact that many of the stars are contracted beyond this summer, and on big money, means their departures could be problematic if any dig in their heels.

Pellegrini has been the subject of speculation over his future for weeks, and that has intensified as City have slipped from joint top to fourth since New Year’s Day, as well as crashing out of the FA Cup and Champions League.

But the Blues’ hierarchy of chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak, chief executive Ferran Soriano and football director Txiki Begiristain have not pressed the panic button.

The futures of Soriano and Begiristain have also been questioned, and they will face stiff questions in the review – expected to take place when Khaldoon visits Manchester near the end of the season.

He's toast and he knows it jrb, and he knew well before the Derby.

Guardian says if top4 in any danger he gets fired.

Imo that happens as soon as we draw/lose to WHU and Pool wins tonight.

So then the WHU game now is crucial. Fuck that up, get outsmarted by Big Sam again and we are in deep shit.

Davs 19 said:
OB1 said:
spanishblue said:
Frank De Boer ?

My second choice but don't think it will be him.

Who do you think it'll be ?

I said a few weeks back that next manager would be one of Ancelotti, Klopp, De Boer, Koeman and Pep. Those are just my predictions and if I stick my neck out and pick a favourite, it's bound to be wrong.

They'll just see out his contract and let him walk next summer, either we get a big manager or they go for Vieira imo.

Briefing the press to say its all the fault of players - naming three - who are likely to have to play in coming weeks in crucial games.

Why would the club do that? By basically saying to these guys - your fault and you are out - then, unless they have instructed Pellegrini not to play them how is that going to inspire them to play their guts out for the team?

Seems to make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.