Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
FanchesterCity said:
Spot on Ray78... it's bad enough to down tools if there's unrest with the manager, but are they also saying they have a gripe with the 48K paying customers too?

That said, there was nothing in the first 20 minutes that suggested anything other than them wanting to win the game. Once the equaliser came though, it was as if we were just waiting for the inevitable to happen. The spirit evaporated quicker than a pint of meths.

It proves that the player's collective mentality is weak. We have tried two different managerial approaches but both haven't had the desired effect for long,

Yep. We had an aggressive Mancini, and some didn't like that. Now we've got Mr Laidback, and that's a problem too (it seems).
At no point have the players cottoned on where the real problem is. Maybe it's a lack of mirrors in the dressing room.

OB1 said:
Davs 19 said:
OB1 said:
My second choice but don't think it will be him.

Who do you think it'll be ?

I said a few weeks back that next manager would be one of Ancelotti, Klopp, De Boer, Koeman and Pep. Those are just my predictions and if I stick my neck out and pick a favourite, it's bound to be wrong.

Won't be Guardiola if you need someone this summer that's for sure. He may or may not extend his contract from summer 2016, we still don't know, but he will definitely fulfill his current contract, no doubt about that.

Still think the most likely scenario is Pellegrini to remain until summer, and then be replaced by Ancelotti.

bayern blade said:
OB1 said:
Davs 19 said:
Who do you think it'll be ?

I said a few weeks back that next manager would be one of Ancelotti, Klopp, De Boer, Koeman and Pep. Those are just my predictions and if I stick my neck out and pick a favourite, it's bound to be wrong.

Won't be Guardiola if you need someone this summer that's for sure. He may or may not extend his contract from summer 2016, we still don't know, but he will definitely fulfill his current contract, no doubt about that.
What's the feeling with you guys regarding whether he will extend his contract from 2016?

If it really was player power that forced Mancini out, any competent management team would have spent the last two years weeding them out so it didn't happen again. Lends more credence IMO to the view that player power was just a convenient way of blaming Mancini for getting the sack, rather than Soriano and Begiristain taking the flak for removing a popular manager.

As for the here and now, if that really is the way the management are talking then the risk of 5th has just increased greatly. You really don't want to be facing Allardyce in this state.

FanchesterCity said:
You know, for all Pellers seeming faults...

There does come a time when the club HAS to stand up to player power and make it clear who is in charge. The club should decide if and when Pellers should go, and not the players.

In that respect, maybe they're right to stand by Pellers and kick the players out first, or there will never be an end to it, no matter who we bring in. If we brought in Pep, and he told 50% of them they weren't good enough, or needed to improve, they'd sulk at that and want him moved on too.

All of that said, any form of 'job is not under pressure' is usually the club's acknowledgment that it actually is.

What really pisses me off with this blaming the players a. The Spanish wizard has given lots of them bumper new deals b. The new lads haven't really had a proper chance! Mangala looks gash but he needs to play with a partner for a good number of games to be fair to him. Fernandinho yaya and fernando could work as a three in a 5 man midfield don't think I've ever seen us play that formation. Jovetic when he is fit again never starts consecutive games. All of the above is manager or the dof. I'm absolutely gutted he's still in charge.

Damanino said:
Guardian says if top4 in any danger he gets fired.

Imo that happens as soon as we draw/lose to WHU and Pool wins tonight.

So then the WHU game now is crucial. Fuck that up, get outsmarted by Big Sam again and we are in deep shit.
It's imperative we get top four,regards attracting players failing that would be nothing short of disastrous,and to be honest the way we are capitulating in games at the moment doesn't bode well for the remaining games to be played...

jrb said:
Davs 19 said:
blue underpants said:
There will be a lot of empty seats on Sunday if true

He's toast and he knows it. The man with gun and the big bag of cash is just waiting to find out whether his services are required during or post season.

Here!

Pellers is safe according to Brennan

Man City stars under pressure with Pellegrini safe

20:01, 13 April 2015
By Stuart Brennan

The club's hierarchy believe the players are to blame for what has been a disappointing season at the Etihad Stadium.

Manchester City's under-performing stars will carry the can for the club’s poor season.

But Manuel Pellegrini’s job is safe unless the current slump continues.

City have held no meetings about the manager’s future following Sunday’s derby surrender to United, and there are no discussions scheduled until the usual end of season review – which covers all staff, not just Pellegrini.

That will not change, unless the Blues blow up completely and fall out of the top four Champions League places.

The finger of blame from the club hierarchy is being pointed firmly at highly-paid stars like Yaya Toure, Edin Dzeko and Samir Nasri, who have all failed to hit the required standards.

Those three, and other big names, will be part of a purge in the summer – although the fact that many of the stars are contracted beyond this summer, and on big money, means their departures could be problematic if any dig in their heels.

Pellegrini has been the subject of speculation over his future for weeks, and that has intensified as City have slipped from joint top to fourth since New Year’s Day, as well as crashing out of the FA Cup and Champions League.

But the Blues’ hierarchy of chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak, chief executive Ferran Soriano and football director Txiki Begiristain have not pressed the panic button.

The futures of Soriano and Begiristain have also been questioned, and they will face stiff questions in the review – expected to take place when Khaldoon visits Manchester near the end of the season.
Boom! If true, its just as I expected. MP will remain because if he does get the bullet the spotlight will inevitably fall on Txiki & Ferran. How dya get out of this stickiest of sticky situations since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun? Blame someone else that's how....

How will our supposedly marde arse players who got Mancini the sack react to this assualt from above?

They did Txiki's & Ferran's dirty work by hanging Mancini out to dry, how will they react now that they are now the target?

This shit's gonna get interesting.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.