Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the man I particularly want, but one thing you can say about Benitez is that his record against Mourinho is brilliant and he's very good in Europe.

Now that Fergie has retired he might not go into one of his 'fact' meltdowns either.

mancity1 said:
LoveCity said:
mancity1 said:
I would Liverpool favourites to be honest.

Can see them winning their last 6 games so we need 14 points from our last 6 games which we won't get.

You think Liverpool will beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge?

Chelsea have the title wrapped up they will be in party mode so yes I do.

Hardly unlikely we can arrest this slide if MP stays in charge and even if he is replaced which I suspect he will before seasons end I doubt our capacity to get the required number of points needed.

I agree with you. Even if Liverpool do lose to Chelsea I still fancy them to win their other 5 (remember it's 32 games since they last lost to a side outside the current top 3), which would leave us needing 11 from 6. And therein lies the kick in the nuts, cos I don't see us getting any more than about 8 if I'm honest, not as long as we have a manager who continues to utilise players and systems as comprehensively ill suited to each other as you could possibly get, and in some cases (Toure, Dzeko, Nasri) whose attitudes absolutely stink.
What he's done to us defensively is borderline criminal. I'm astonished that he's not been sacked, because I can't think of anyone right now, who could possibly do a worse job.......including Mr Beanie Horse

Mattyc55 said:
Not the man I particularly want, but one thing you can say about Benitez is that his record against Mourinho is brilliant and he's very good in Europe.

Now that Fergie has retired he might not go into one of his 'fact' meltdowns either.

Mourinho will wind him up instead.

Balti said:
In an emergency it is a good idea to issue an SOS.............................

iu

yes, he's not been banking any pay off cheques for a while and on a serious note i'd snatch your hand off if we had him for the run in

Ray78 said:
bondsman said:
Ray78 said:
I wouldn't call an overly cautious manager a 'winner'.

Are you on a wind up? Winning is winning. Professional sport is about winning. Mourinho, Capello and Benitez have all won more than pellergrini therefore all better managers.

Nope. I don't like the win at all costs mentality.

What? I have a postage stamp here Ray I think that is big enough for you to write your knowledge of footy on rather than a forum. Sport is about winning that's why people play and why people go to watch.

bondsman said:
Ray78 said:
bondsman said:
Are you on a wind up? Winning is winning. Professional sport is about winning. Mourinho, Capello and Benitez have all won more than pellergrini therefore all better managers.

Nope. I don't like the win at all costs mentality.

What? I have a postage stamp here Ray I think that is big enough for you to write your knowledge of footy on rather than a forum. Sport is about winning that's why people play and why people go to watch.

Grow up.

cookster said:
Ray78 said:
bondsman said:
You don't like mourinho either do you? Do you not like winners Ray?

I wouldn't call an overly cautious manager a 'winner'.

Yet, he clearly is......... with eleven major trophies in England, Italy and Spain.

Another way of looking at it is that he hasn't won a league title in over a decade. Admittedly you could've levelled the same accusation at Pellegrini before we appointed him, but I'm not sure Benitez is a serial winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.