Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astounded Pellegrini is in charge still, thought he'd be gone. I will be at Etihad on Sunday, and will support as ever but I dread to think what the atmosphere will be like, think it will approach the terrible level of atmosphere at The Emirates.

I cant give any positive reason to stick with Pellegrini, even for the remaining 6 games, makes zero sense. He's obviously lost just about every player in the dressing room. The players get a lot of stick and some rightly so but some I do feel sorry for because Pellegrini's moronic moto of "play well, you're dropped" must p1ss every player off. Mangala plays well, he gets dropped. Bony gets goal & motm. Dropped. Fernandinho dropped from time to time despite clearly being our best CM just about every game he plays. Load of other examples.

Constant changing of centre backs for absolutely no reason. Spent £30+ on Mangala who at times has been raw no doubt, but he has also been motm in games vs Chelsea and Bayern and has impressed in other games. Demichelis is a mass liability.

The worst player of the season imo is Navas, brings absolutely nothing to the team whatsoever, nothing. He plays just about every single game, why?!

We all know whats coming this Sun with this numpty in charge.... Yaya will start despite being a new level of lazy recently, Fernandinho will get dropped despite being our best player vs rags and so on.

442 has been drummed on about, but last weekend vs Rags, we are all thinking "yes he has 5 midfielders", nope, he goes 442 and puts Milner up top, in the 2nd half Milner had no idea where he was playing, he shrugged half a dozen times in the 2nd half.

Post game interviews, "we were unlucky" and "I don't know what the problem is"...........hang on, he's paid millions a year to sort this out. He comes across a complete buffoon.

On paper our team should be winning the title again, I have no doubts, but this clown in charge is a complete and utter mess and must go. Sadly looks like he will last until May which imo is way to long even though its only a few weeks away.

I really cannot believe he is still here.

One thing I thought after Sunday was at least Pellers will be gone now.

Think the powers that be are taking a big risk thinking we will muddle through to a top four finish.

To be honest think a top three position is minimal requirement.

How can we line up signings etc if we cannot guarantee champions league football.

If we lose against West Ham it will be too late to do anything.

Just plain crazy if you ask me.

44years said:
Theres a common theme which the club cannot ignore
Weve lived through hard times but weve not gone through a phase like this where the players haven't been arsed. Even in the bad old days the players tried, they played for the club and fans, not themselves. The poor results were down to limited ability and shambolic management.
This years run has been appalling and unprecedented.
It truly is time for a major pruning exercise and move away from this rewarding of near thirties with five year deals
At the time we thought it wonderful but it has truly backfired
Rebuild around Sergio, Joe and David, time for change
Well, despite what I said, I disagree with this, tbh - I've seen us not be arsed more than a few times down the years.

And it's always hard to know if players can't be arsed, are not at peak fitness for one reason or another, or have lost confidence. It's just hard to accept these players are getting worse, or are ok with losing. I think they're more demoralised than anything.

tonethestone said:
Astounded Pellegrini is in charge still, thought he'd be gone. I will be at Etihad on Sunday, and will support as ever but I dread to think what the atmosphere will be like, think it will approach the terrible level of atmosphere at The Emirates.

I cant give any positive reason to stick with Pellegrini, even for the remaining 6 games, makes zero sense. He's obviously lost just about every player in the dressing room. The players get a lot of stick and some rightly so but some I do feel sorry for because Pellegrini's moronic moto of "play well, you're dropped" must p1ss every player off. Mangala plays well, he gets dropped. Bony gets goal & motm. Dropped. Fernandinho dropped from time to time despite clearly being our best CM just about every game he plays. Load of other examples.

Constant changing of centre backs for absolutely no reason. Spent £30+ on Mangala who at times has been raw no doubt, but he has also been motm in games vs Chelsea and Bayern and has impressed in other games. Demichelis is a mass liability.

The worst player of the season imo is Navas, brings absolutely nothing to the team whatsoever, nothing. He plays just about every single game, why?!

We all know whats coming this Sun with this numpty in charge.... Yaya will start despite being a new level of lazy recently, Fernandinho will get dropped despite being our best player vs rags and so on.

442 has been drummed on about, but last weekend vs Rags, we are all thinking "yes he has 5 midfielders", nope, he goes 442 and puts Milner up top, in the 2nd half Milner had no idea where he was playing, he shrugged half a dozen times in the 2nd half.

Post game interviews, "we were unlucky" and "I don't know what the problem is"...........hang on, he's paid millions a year to sort this out. He comes across a complete buffoon.

On paper our team should be winning the title again, I have no doubts, but this clown in charge is a complete and utter mess and must go. Sadly looks like he will last until May which imo is way to long even though its only a few weeks away.

This Clown & Numpty won us a double last year. If players cannot be called for being great one season and crap the next, why so the manager. We do not know the facts as to why he has rotated so much this year, so I don't read that much into that.

I agree he should go, but I will not come down to a level of calling him a clown or a numpty. I think he deserves a lot of respect for what he has done, not only at City.

As for getting rid now, what a poor message that would send out.

Pellegrini gave us one of the best season in our history last time out. THis season things haven't gone to plan but it's still seen wins over the rags at home, over Bayern Munich and a fight back in the CL group. THere have still been good times and the club is planning on a big summer to turn things around. It's hardly the doom and gloom of past years - if you don't want a season ticket with us after what's happened this season then you need to stop acting spoilt or get one at the swamp.

mosssideblue said:
tonethestone said:

This Clown & Numpty won us a double last year. If players cannot be called for being great one season and crap the next, why so the manager. We do not know the facts as to why he has rotated so much this year, so I don't read that much into that.

I agree he should go, but I will not come down to a level of calling him a clown or a numpty. I think he deserves a lot of respect for what he has done, not only at City.

What else has he done? Never won anything before last year and halted all forward momentum within 2 seasons. He hasn't improved a single player. He's crap and so calling him a clown isn't really unfair.

bondsman said:
mosssideblue said:
tonethestone said:

What else has he done? Never won anything before last year and halted all forward momentum within 2 seasons. He hasn't improved a single player. He's crap and so calling him a clown isn't really unfair.

Perhaps the name calling is uncalled for but he's made a complete mess of this season, yes others are too blame partially, but Pellegrini should take the main brunt of the blame. Getting rid now would not send out a poor message imo, it sends out a message that we wont put up with such a poor performance, weve played well for one month this season, that's it. Unacceptable.

I read a lot into the rotation and not sure why it isn't a bigger factor, especially from media who have access to interview him.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sam-caddick said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
So do I, bud!

Just watching Phineas and Ferb with my four year old!

Tolm, you reckon Sabella is the man taking over?

Certainly think there is foundation is the supposed recent sounding out.

Don't think City expected to be put in such an awkward situation at this late stage in the season.

But the trickle down is City are waiting on someone already employed at another club.

Quote from Monday (seems a lifetime ago in this thread!). Add in the "waiting for the nod from someone" and could this be Klopp? Certainly unusual for him to be leaving in this manner so late in the season, especially now they have turned things round a bit as well.

Summerbuzz said:
44years said:
Theres a common theme which the club cannot ignore
Weve lived through hard times but weve not gone through a phase like this where the players haven't been arsed. Even in the bad old days the players tried, they played for the club and fans, not themselves. The poor results were down to limited ability and shambolic management.
This years run has been appalling and unprecedented.
It truly is time for a major pruning exercise and move away from this rewarding of near thirties with five year deals
At the time we thought it wonderful but it has truly backfired
Rebuild around Sergio, Joe and David, time for change
Well, despite what I said, I disagree with this, tbh - I've seen us not be arsed more than a few times down the years.

And it's always hard to know if players can't be arsed, are not at peak fitness for one reason or another, or have lost confidence. It's just hard to accept these players are getting worse, or are ok with losing. I think they're more demoralised than anything.

Cant remember the players not being arsed, other than maybe the madness in the late 90's, this year has been truly exceptional given what they are paid and how they are treated as royalty. Think the club needs to drop the mollycoddling down a notch or two and start kicking collective arses, enter Patrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.