Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueAnorak said:
tonea2003 said:
Ducado said:
Some dummies being spat out of collective prams in this thread

Not renewing because of a bad run, good grief

embarrassing if that's the only reason, it really is

Nowt to do with form. I've seen City struggle in seasons gone by yet I never felt like this about my club.
When I was working away from the UK when "Super Stu" was in charge I couldn't understand why so many of you hated the fact he was keeping us up. Well now I understand.
Not only do I feel like a cash cow but I am really not enjoying the predicable slow paced crab football that is served up for the most part every game by City. It's probably the reason why the atmosphere isn't great at games this season - you have to "excite" the crowd to get them going.
What was really good about last season was the pace of our movement, fast paced counter attacks, the great one touch passes, the great runs and shots a plenty - especially before February 2014.
I know that many of our opponents are playing anti-football by parking the bus these days, but the Chuckle Brother football ("To Me, To you.") that is played this season in front of the opposition WITHOUT PACE and seemingly without any attempt to actually break the masked rank lines of 4 is as bad as anything Super Stu served up.
The contrast with last season where the ball was played QUICKLY from one side of the pitch to the other to find any weakness is very pronounced.
And if the players can't be bothered I'm not sure I can be bothered spending a good 6 hours travelling to and from each game. As I say I'll probably renew because I'd probably hate the absence of a game but logically I really can't see a good reason why i should.
Because City is part of who you are, and the entertainment was for 30 years never there. It was torture, but it made everything we saw sweet.

You can't come and go. Id have zero respect for people who do that. You're loyal or you're not. Whether you like it is a different matter.

Supporting your club has Never been about entertainment

Cant believe anyone would even think of not going and supporting the club because of poor form, rag mentality! If everyone had that stance then our attendance would have been zero for most of the 90's.

Having opinion on whether should be sacked (I think he should be 100%) and which players should go and so on is fine, but there is no excuse not to support the team or turning up to watch them because you are having a sulk because boo hoo we are on a bad run. If you cant support through the bad run then don't bother for the good. Has to be rags on the windup surely.

tonethestone said:
Cant believe anyone would even think of not going and supporting the club because of poor form, rag mentality! If everyone had that stance then our attendance would have been zero for most of the 90's.

Having opinion on whether should be sacked (I think he should be 100%) and which players should go and so on is fine, but there is no excuse not to support the team or turning up to watch them because you are having a sulk because boo hoo we are on a bad run. If you cant support through the bad run then don't bother for the good. Has to be rags on the windup surely.

Weve supported city through a 30 year bad run mate, Doesnt make us shit fans because we have issues with how we see things panning out.

If you want to keep going like a sheep paying more each year seeing half arsed players running round the pitch then whoopee doo for you-me personally i would rather see us go lean for a couple of seasons and see some young hungry English talent sweating for the shirt laying some foundations down for the years to come- wether we buy them or they come through the academy is of no relevance to me, its what i prefer nothing more nothing less.

If that makes me a shit fan then give your head a fucking wobble.

I'd rather watch us selling 20 players and playing frees, loans and kids - as long as they were well matched, played bravely and collectively, and the manager had a plan that made the most of them as individuals, and more than the sum of their parts.

BlueAnorak said:
tonea2003 said:
Ducado said:
Some dummies being spat out of collective prams in this thread

Not renewing because of a bad run, good grief

embarrassing if that's the only reason, it really is

Nowt to do with form. I've seen City struggle in seasons gone by yet I never felt like this about my club.
When I was working away from the UK when "Super Stu" was in charge I couldn't understand why so many of you hated the fact he was keeping us up. Well now I understand.
Not only do I feel like a cash cow but I am really not enjoying the predicable slow paced crab football that is served up for the most part every game by City. It's probably the reason why the atmosphere isn't great at games this season - you have to "excite" the crowd to get them going.
What was really good about last season was the pace of our movement, fast paced counter attacks, the great one touch passes, the great runs and shots a plenty - especially before February 2014.
I know that many of our opponents are playing anti-football by parking the bus these days, but the Chuckle Brother football ("To Me, To you.") that is played this season in front of the opposition WITHOUT PACE and seemingly without any attempt to actually break the masked rank lines of 4 is as bad as anything Super Stu served up.
The contrast with last season where the ball was played QUICKLY from one side of the pitch to the other to find any weakness is very pronounced.
And if the players can't be bothered I'm not sure I can be bothered spending a good 6 hours travelling to and from each game. As I say I'll probably renew because I'd probably hate the absence of a game but logically I really can't see a good reason why i should.

Good post.

flb said:
tonea2003 said:
moomba said:
Why should people renew if they aren't enjoying it? For whatever reason.

Some may call it spitting the dummies out, I just don't see the problem.

that's fine by me but as damocles as already said come the day the next big game arrives as it inevitably will, lets not hear any bleating about not being able to get tickets through lack of points

Anybody who collects points is a Johnny come lately anyway, were we given "loyalty" points at Maine Road ankle deep in piss playing Gillingham and the like.

All this points lark is bollocks anyway, the more money you earn the more likely you are to get tickets for big games, what's all that gold v platinum shit all about?

So just because a fan stops going for whatever reason all of a sudden some on here are saying grow a pair-bit fucking rich if you ask me.

I am renewing like i always have done but if i see wankers ambling round the pitch in a half arsed fashion because someone has given them a new contract they dont deserve then it will be curtains as far as im concerned.

If that makes me a shit mard arsed fan then tbh its not worth bothering with anymore.

i don't care why you would not want to keep turning up that your prerogative and yours alone.
but come the day as i have said the big meaningful games comes back and everyone wants a piece of it.
lets not have the wingeing about not being able to be there

i go because i can and want to whatever the situation, these fuckers that don't care will be gone soon enough
i've also done the gillingham's grimsby's the notts county's so what

flb said:
tonethestone said:

Weve supported city through a 30 year bad run mate, Doesnt make us shit fans because we have issues with how we see things panning out.

If you want to keep going like a sheep paying more each year seeing half arsed players running round the pitch then whoopee doo for you-me personally i would rather see us go lean for a couple of seasons and see some young hungry English talent sweating for the shirt laying some foundations down for the years to come- wether we buy them or they come through the academy is of no relevance to me, its what i prefer nothing more nothing less.

If that makes me a shit fan then give your head a fucking wobble.

Ticket prices I understand, not everyone can afford it and those who perhaps can may not want to pay that much but I don't understand the mentality behind not going because they don't play the brand of football you like. Its been a horrid season, but we are still for now the current Premier League champions, well for a few more wks anyway.

I get annoyed as anyone watching City at the moment but I still go and will continue to do so because I support the team no matter what, only issue would be is if I couldn't afford to go which would force me to stop otherwise im going and supporting the club.

The way people talk on here is like we are run like Portsmouth or some dead end club whove been run into the ground. Don't think some City fans realise how good we actually have it.

Theres a common theme which the club cannot ignore
Weve lived through hard times but weve not gone through a phase like this where the players haven't been arsed. Even in the bad old days the players tried, they played for the club and fans, not themselves. The poor results were down to limited ability and shambolic management.
This years run has been appalling and unprecedented.
It truly is time for a major pruning exercise and move away from this rewarding of near thirties with five year deals
At the time we thought it wonderful but it has truly backfired
Rebuild around Sergio, Joe and David, time for change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.