Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
whicko said:
cookster said:
Well done Manuel. No longer Champions with 4 games to go!
So it's not the lazy players who are also to blame then?

Yes, I could name a few Yaya, Jovetic, Nasri, Kolarov and Dzeko. However, I believe that a better manager would have got more out of this squad.

Ray78 said:
It will take more than one season to rectify whoever is in charge.

I'm not that pessimistic.

Add Klopp and 4 first team players of top quality and we will challenge.

cookster said:
whicko said:
cookster said:

Yes, I could name a few Yaya, Jovetic, Nasri, Kolarov and Dzeko. However, I believe that a better manager would have got more out of this squad.
Agree with that but if you or I were to do our job so poorly we would soon be up the road, these lazy sods know it's very difficult to get shut due to the insane contracts they are on and take the piss,perhaps that is where the problem lies.

cookster said:
Ray78 said:

I call it being realistic. No manager is going to wave the magic wand and make all our problems disappear.

whicko said:
cookster said:

It's up to the manager to get the best out of the players. Do you think Mourinho would put up with what's gone on this year. It's been an awful season, I can probably count on one hand the games we've played well in this season.

Ray78 said:
cookster said:
Ray78 said:

I call it being realistic. No manager is going to wave the magic wand and make all our problems disappear.

I don't think there are that many problems. Slight change in tactics, remove a couple of bad eggs, Yaya and the Balkan boys, replace with younger hungry players.

Less than 2 months ago we were only 5 points behind Chelsea.

cookster said:
Ray78 said:
cookster said:

I don't think there are that many problems. Slight change in tactics, remove a couple of bad eggs, Yaya and the Balkan boys, replace with younger hungry players.

It's more to it than a couple of tactical tweaks. The team's collective mentality is wrong (hence two poor attempts of defending the title).

cookster said:
Ray78 said:
cookster said:

Agreed, the same players won the league and a cup just a season ago, they haven't all forgotten how to play, they need a kick up the arse and a manager who can organise them on the pitch. Hopefully someone who will stick around for a while and build something, I will be disappointed if we end up with another stopgap.

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
cookster said:
Ray78 said:

Agreed, the same players won the league and a cup just a season ago, they haven't all forgotten how to play, they need a kick up the arse and a manager who can organise them on the pitch. Hopefully someone who will stick around for a while and build something, I will be disappointed if we end up with another stopgap.

Klopp fits this role. Even Pep we can't count on long term, he'll probably be off in a few years after he wins something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.