Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you there is absolutely no hiding place for anyone at City, accountability is across the board.

That goes from the person who stands to secure a door, through to the director of football.

I don't think many people can appreciate what truly ruthless bastards we have in charge when it comes to analytics?

Everyone is expected to meet targets and the bottom line is squeezed everywhere.

I have said before that I felt the ownership dallied in the dismissals of both Hughes and Mancini.

There is a degree of pragmatism, of course, but when a decision is made, they are not for moving.

It was proved with the decision to dismiss Mancini, regardless of whether he went on to win the FA Cup that weekend.

City are absolutely watertight on this, but my instincts are that Manuel will move on.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I can tell you there is absolutely no hiding place for anyone at City, accountability is across the board.

That goes from the person who stands to secure a door, through to the director of football.

I don't think many people can appreciate what truly ruthless bastards we have in charge when it comes to analytics?

Everyone is expected to meet targets and the bottom line is squeezed everywhere.

I have said before that I felt the ownership dallied in the dismissals of both Hughes and Mancini.

There is a degree of pragmatism, of course, but when a decision is made, they are not for moving.

It was proved with the decision to dismiss Mancini, regardless of whether he went on to win the FA Cup that weekend.

City are absolutely watertight on this, but my instincts are that Manuel will move on.

One thing about City running a very tight ship these days means that even though plans may be very advanced very few outside the club have a clue. Does worry supporters a little as in a vacuum people tend to panic.

Hope you're right on Pellegrini , the club can thank him and we part company with his head held high.

simon23 said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-strike-force-set-summer-9146066

IF this are indeed his rue evaluaion of ou problems then he more deluded than i thought.....he is supoosedly blaming a lack of goals for our failings and has identified a shake up in he striker dept as what is needed!!!!!!

The biggest problem for the whole of his tenure (even last year) was what is going on defensively in midfield when we dont have the ball...he huge gapping gaps that appear infront f our back 4 in the middle and on the wings

IF this article is a rue representation of wha him (and possibly others believe) then they are clueless

You need a new keyboard :)

mosssideblue said:
simon23 said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-strike-force-set-summer-9146066

IF this are indeed his rue evaluaion of ou problems then he more deluded than i thought.....he is supoosedly blaming a lack of goals for our failings and has identified a shake up in he striker dept as what is needed!!!!!!

The biggest problem for the whole of his tenure (even last year) was what is going on defensively in midfield when we dont have the ball...he huge gapping gaps that appear infront f our back 4 in the middle and on the wings

IF this article is a rue representation of wha him (and possibly others believe) then they are clueless

You need a new keyboard :)

Noting wron g with hi s keyboard!

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
Wasn't our gimmick handed to us on a plate... "We'll fight til the end (Aguerooooooooo!)". Except seasons 12/13 and 14/15 have basically put paid to that, no matter how much it is sung or repeated, and so we still struggle with the 'lazy mercenaries' stigma.

Anyway, what Mourinho does is make his players despise losing and mentally strong. What they have done this season is what I've wanted to see from City - consistency throughout the season (one little wobble but it wasn't too damaging), limiting the stupid defeats/draws against underdogs, and cruising to the title.

We need a world class manager who forces players to respect (and fear a little) him and the club, while also having a good relationship with most. Pep or Ancelotti would do just fine for me.

I want Pep at City but our obsession with him is a little too much for me, how do we know he will choose City next summer?

Ancelotti I respect immensely but I am not convinced he is the man for us at this moment in time considering we need a significant rebuild, plus I don't think Txiki would want him as he doesn't fit his vision.

Personally I think it's nailed on Pellegrini gets another season but I would like to see us get Klopp.

i think pellers has gone.

if he stays we have just wasted a lot of money and a lot of concrete building a new stand. the place will be empty.

de niro said:
sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
Wasn't our gimmick handed to us on a plate... "We'll fight til the end (Aguerooooooooo!)". Except seasons 12/13 and 14/15 have basically put paid to that, no matter how much it is sung or repeated, and so we still struggle with the 'lazy mercenaries' stigma.

Anyway, what Mourinho does is make his players despise losing and mentally strong. What they have done this season is what I've wanted to see from City - consistency throughout the season (one little wobble but it wasn't too damaging), limiting the stupid defeats/draws against underdogs, and cruising to the title.

We need a world class manager who forces players to respect (and fear a little) him and the club, while also having a good relationship with most. Pep or Ancelotti would do just fine for me.

I want Pep at City but our obsession with him is a little too much for me, how do we know he will choose City next summer?

Ancelotti I respect immensely but I am not convinced he is the man for us at this moment in time considering we need a significant rebuild, plus I don't think Txiki would want him as he doesn't fit his vision.

Personally I think it's nailed on Pellegrini gets another season but I would like to see us get Klopp.

if he stays we have just wasted a lot of money and a lot of concrete building a new stand. the place will be empty.

Sad but very true. Pellegrini has lost the majority of supporters now and if the club have put the prices up and want the stadium full and rocking then new manager and 2-3 world class players as well.

de niro said:
sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:

I agree with you that keeping him could have a very negative effect on attendances. This season has been the most unenjoyable since Pearce. I don't get this flawed concept that all fans want to see attack at all costs football. Personally, I like watching balanced teams who are good going forward, but also have some steel in midfield, and are tight at the back. I don't find it entertaining to throw away two goal leads at home to relegation fodder. It's naive, playground football. It's Kevin Keegan.

Unfortunately, I think Pellegrini is going to stay next season. It's always been the plan to end his contract at the same time as Pep, and I think they'd see any other appointment next season as ruining our chances of getting the best man we can. Next season is going to be one of transition, a write off in terms of the title. I expect us to bring in 2 or 3 big players in the summer, move 3 or 4 on, and we're going to be in a fight for top 4. The players since xmas have been playing like they've lost faith in the manager and the system he so blindly and naively sticks to. Next season is going to be much the same, and I expect it to be touch and go whether we get top 4.

de niro said:
sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:

Cannot see that myself. City fans, if nothing are loyal and will continue to rock up. If after finishing 1st, 2nd, 1st & ? in the last four seasons is going to turn the fans away, then I will be amazed.

mosssideblue said:
de niro said:
sam-caddick said:

Cannot see that myself. City fans, if nothing are loyal and will continue to rock up. If after finishing 1st, 2nd, 1st & ? in the last four seasons is going to turn the fans away, then I will be amazed.

It's a combination of things mate. Our attendances dropped in Pearce's last season. It wasn't because our supporters suddenly stopped becoming loyal, it's because the football was boring, so the casual fan stopped coming. For a season ticket next year it is approaching £40 a game, that is getting towards the brink of being unaffordable. Match day tickets will be £50 plus next season. For an occasional fan to fork out £50, they better feel like they are going to get their money's worth and be entertained. 2-2's at home to Burnely, defending like schoolchildren, and watching Fernando trudge around midfield is not worth £50 of anyone's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.