Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancityvstoke said:
They won't sack a manager of Champions after a Derby game.

It would look like Utd lost us our manager.

If it happens it will be after another game or the end of the season.

As depressing as the idea of him staying another week is, I think you're spot-on there. It's bad PR to sack him after losing to Stretford - should have been done ages ago, Burnley was as good a time as any.

Talking of timing, wasn't Bob's sacking at something like 11pm (the announcement anyway)?

Ray78 said:
robbieh said:
Ray78 said:
He will be here until the end of the season.

and that is likely to cost us a CL place so poor decision if that is indeed what happens.

Us supporters maybe panicking but the owners aren't.

Depends whether they care or not whether we qualify for the CL. I suspect they do and therefore if they have any intelligence they should act now. Pellegrini and his way of organizing(?) the team are a busted flush. We have all seen it unfolding, the owners surely have too. If they stick with Pellegrini out of misguided loyalty then they are fools.

For me, if Pellegrini stays, Liverpool overtake us. Simple as that.

blueinsa said:
Dribble said:
City_Sean said:
I just can't get over how much of a disaster this year has been. The performance as well as tactics have been nothing short of appalling. I hope the powers at the club are ready to make some radical changes this summer regarding personnel.
That's the issue sean, the tactics haven't changed from day one of MP's tenure, hence why all & sundry have had a template of how to nullify and beat us. The slow death of this team has been a long time coming......

Tactics were just fine last season and just fine up until xmas when we were joint top.

The players have downed tools in a spectacular fashion and whilst pellers has made mistakes, we all do in life, he hasn't become the clown many of you are making out.

Yes he will go but so too will some players who dont deserve to wear our shirt and not before time.
Well let's agree to disagree because many saw it coming. It's just fortunate for us we got away with it to land the title last season when MP turned to pragmatism to win our games in hand and get us over the line.

Our tactics weren't any better this season, but the main difference was that we'd been found out tactically by all and sundry including such luminaries as Allardyce, Hughes and Dyche and this is apparently after we'd strengthened in key areas. Even during our golden period this season, we didn't look totally convincing and that period happened to coincide with us being short of strikers which forced MP to change formation and tactics not because MP wanted to. Cue the return of our strikers and the return of 442 and the recommencement of a downturn in our form and results. was I surprised? Not one jot.

Yes I've labelled MP stubborn, but never a clown so please don't apply a 'one comment fits all' to all posters who've questioned him as I want to remain as positive as I can about our ailing position without disrespecting the man who at this moment is still our leader. As for the players collective attitudes, the die was cast during the power battle between Mancini, Txiki & Soriano.

Txiki & Soriano allowed the lunatics to run the asylum as it suited their power struggle at the time. Once their means achieved their end, the players still had the sense of power that was bestowed upon them and yet again many of us warned of the danger in doing so especially Di Nero. I suppose Di Nero like myself and others have probably been on the other side of the fence in dealing with difficult to manage staff and in my experience, there is only room for one boss and that boss must have absolute power just like Wenger and Ferguson. If that boss is undermined by those above, then he's effectively no boss at all as Mancini found out.

If there is a perceived problem with our playing staff, those who allowed them to undermine the previous manager have only themselves to blame for starting us down this damaging road that is now effecting Pellegrini. The solution? The playing staff who cannot be brought back into line need to be moved on for the future of the club and if that includes Kompany and all dissenters below him, then so be it.

The whole situation is all very complex, and very perplexing.

There are alot of elements within the club which aren't working correctly.

I don't know what the solution is to any of those problems but I trust Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour to make the right decisions in the following 3-4 months.

My one wish for the future of this Club is that our youth players are given more of a chance to progress into the first team - I believe that is the future.

robbieh said:
Ray78 said:
robbieh said:
and that is likely to cost us a CL place so poor decision if that is indeed what happens.

Depends whether they care or not whether we qualify for the CL. I suspect they do and therefore if they have any intelligence they should act now. Pellegrini and his way of organizing(?) the team are a busted flush. We have all seen it unfolding, the owners surely have too. If they stick with Pellegrini out of misguided loyalty then they are fools.

IF they wanted to sack him they would of made that decision earlier. Putting Vieira in charge now would be an dumb move.

Ray78 said:
robbieh said:
Ray78 said:

IF they wanted to sack him they would of made that decision earlier. Putting Vieira in charge now would be an dumb move.

I'm not so sure. Things can't get much worse. We have gone from being, on the 10th Jan, 2points behind Chelsea, 10 ahead of United, 14 ahead of Arsenal (although they had a game in hand).

We have lost 6 in 8.

IF the decision has been made to sack him, I'd do it now and put Vieira in. My only issue would be promoting him, to then demote him. My ideal scenario is do with United did with Giggs.

"The only way to explain our run is that we don't have the results. We lost many points, not only in this game which was a very difficult one, but in others too"

No shit Manuel !

Dribble said:
blueinsa said:
Dribble said:
That's the issue sean, the tactics haven't changed from day one of MP's tenure, hence why all & sundry have had a template of how to nullify and beat us. The slow death of this team has been a long time coming......

Tactics were just fine last season and just fine up until xmas when we were joint top.

The players have downed tools in a spectacular fashion and whilst pellers has made mistakes, we all do in life, he hasn't become the clown many of you are making out.

Yes he will go but so too will some players who dont deserve to wear our shirt and not before time.
Well let's agree to disagree because many saw it coming. It's just fortunate for us we got away with it to land the title last season when MP turned to pragmatism to win our games in hand and get us over the line.

Our tactics weren't any better this season, but the main difference was that we'd been found out tactically by all and sundry including such luminaries as Allardyce, Hughes and Dyche and this is apparently after we'd strengthened in key areas. Even during our golden period this season, we didn't look totally convincing and that period happened to coincide with us being short of strikers which forced MP to change formation and tactics not because MP wanted to. Cue the return of our strikers and the return of 442 and the recommencement of a downturn in our form and results. was I surprised? Not one jot.

Yes I've labelled MP stubborn, but never a clown so please don't apply a 'one comment fits all' to all posters who've questioned him as I want to remain as positive as I can about our ailing position without disrespecting the man who at this moment is still our leader. As for the players collective attitudes, the die was cast during the power battle between Mancini, Txiki & Soriano.

Txiki & Soriano allowed the lunatics to run the asylum as it suited their power struggle at the time. Once their means achieved their end, the players still had the sense of power that was bestowed upon them and yet again many of us warned of the danger in doing so especially Di Nero. I suppose Di Nero like myself and others have probably been on the other side of the fence in dealing with difficult to manage staff and in my experience, there is only room for one boss and that boss must have absolute power just like Wenger and Ferguson. If that boss is undermined by those above, then he's effectively no boss at all as Mancini found out.

If there is a perceived problem with our playing staff, those who allowed them to undermine the previous manager have only themselves to blame for starting us down this damaging road that is now effecting Pellegrini. The solution? The playing staff who cannot be brought back into line need to be moved on for the future of the club and if that includes Kompany and all dissenters below him, then so be it.

I like Manuel Pellegrini, I admire the way he tries to play football, but he's been well and truly found out at the highest level. Last season 442 was founded out around February, we actually won the league using a 4231, deploying Yaya more advanced and Dzeko as the lone striker.

This year we've adopted last year's tactics, and as a result have been quickly sussed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.