Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
chesterbells said:
dancity19 said:
Ray78 said:
IF they wanted to sack him they would of made that decision earlier. Putting Vieira in charge now would be an dumb move.

I'm not so sure. Things can't get much worse. We have gone from being, on the 10th Jan, 2points behind Chelsea, 10 ahead of United, 14 ahead of Arsenal (although they had a game in hand).

We have lost 6 in 8.

IF the decision has been made to sack him, I'd do it now and put Vieira in. My only issue would be promoting him, to then demote him. My ideal scenario is do with United did with Giggs.

Dan and Robbie, agree with you both - 'not panicking' can also be viewed as being indecisive, dithering, and not being brave; the club should do that - and as for not acting because it's after a derby defeat, well that really would be letting United set the agenda at our club. Take a firm decision now, this week ; make the judgement that the trend is spiralling downwards this season. Something needs to change, and the easiest way to do that, is to bring Viera in > a new voice for the players to hear, someone who isn't virtually 2 generations older than them, and someone who will bring fresh ideas to the training ground, as I read the players have said MPs training is stale and lacks variety

Yep, and it's not like Vieira is a young coach who happens to have done a good job, as just a coach. He is a guy who has won everything in the game - they have to respect him.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Still dithering.

Get it fucking done today!

Just can't see it mate. They won't want the press that will go with it.

The funny thing is, it is being run like a business (which it is) - IF this was any other business, which has had this level of backing, he'd have been sacked by now. So would most of the board.

Can't see it happening yet though, as much as I think it should.

It looks as though the club are once again dithering on a decision that should have been made three weeks ago. Once again we are worrying about the fallout of sacking a manager before the season is out.

At what point will they pull the trigger

I would expect us to win our remaining home fixtures , which will see us over the line.

He's a dead man walking in the eyes of the squad, I think the players have known for some time that he's a gonner, I think some of squad also know they are gone as well.

get rid as soon as possible , its not worth taking the risk for a bit of positive PR

dancity19 said:
Still dithering.

The funny thing is, it is being run like a business (which it is) - IF this was any other business, which has had this level of backing, he'd have been sacked by now. So would most of the board.

Well they are making a huge mistake. A dead football manager would do a better job than he is doing. 6 losses in 8 games! How can that be with this squad? It is shambolic and a disgrace.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Whether they sack him immediately depends on whether (a) they have someone who they believe can take the reins for the rest of the season and (b) whether anyone in (a) is more likely to get us top 3 than Pellegrini.

Brian Kidd will get the reigns surely ?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Whether they sack him immediately depends on whether (a) they have someone who they believe can take the reins for the rest of the season and (b) whether anyone in (a) is more likely to get us top 3 than Pellegrini.

I meet both criteria.

dancity19 said:
Still dithering.

Well they are making a huge mistake. A dead football manager would do a better job than he is doing. 6 losses in 8 games! How can that be with this squad? It is shambolic and a disgrace.

Mate, I agree entirely. As I have posted on other threads, looking at where we were on 10th Jan, to where we are now, is horrific. It's just unacceptable.

But I just can't see us doing it now, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.