Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
robbieh said:
Ray78 said:
Us supporters maybe panicking but the owners aren't.

Depends whether they care or not whether we qualify for the CL. I suspect they do and therefore if they have any intelligence they should act now. Pellegrini and his way of organizing(?) the team are a busted flush. We have all seen it unfolding, the owners surely have too. If they stick with Pellegrini out of misguided loyalty then they are fools.

For me, if Pellegrini stays, Liverpool overtake us. Simple as that.

IF they wanted to sack him they would of made that decision earlier. Putting Vieira in charge now would be an dumb move.

Until the last couple of games we weren't in imminent danger of missing out. We are now. Action needs to be taken. Allowing Pellegrini's brand of complacency to continue will be terminal.

dancity19 said:
Ray78 said:
robbieh said:
Depends whether they care or not whether we qualify for the CL. I suspect they do and therefore if they have any intelligence they should act now. Pellegrini and his way of organizing(?) the team are a busted flush. We have all seen it unfolding, the owners surely have too. If they stick with Pellegrini out of misguided loyalty then they are fools.

IF they wanted to sack him they would of made that decision earlier. Putting Vieira in charge now would be an dumb move.

I'm not so sure. Things can't get much worse. We have gone from being, on the 10th Jan, 2points behind Chelsea, 10 ahead of United, 14 ahead of Arsenal (although they had a game in hand).

We have lost 6 in 8.

IF the decision has been made to sack him, I'd do it now and put Vieira in. My only issue would be promoting him, to then demote him. My ideal scenario is do with United did with Giggs.

Giggs was given 4 games when they had nothing to play for and he was still a player so that transition was made a lot easier.

InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
The irony is, Mancini was sacked with us finishing SECOND, 9 points behind United I think?

And personally I think Pellegrini will keep his job, yet we will have finished 3rd or most likely 4th, probably 15 points behind Chelsea.

But Chappy is ok with Pelle, so are the players. Yes they dont fight for him just like they didnt fight for Mancini, but that doesnt matter.

Pastor Kidney said:
mancityvstoke said:
They won't sack a manager of Champions after a Derby game.

It would look like Utd lost us our manager.

If it happens it will be after another game or the end of the season.

As depressing as the idea of him staying another week is, I think you're spot-on there. It's bad PR to sack him after losing to Stretford - should have been done ages ago, Burnley was as good a time as any.

Talking of timing, wasn't Bob's sacking at something like 11pm (the announcement anyway)?
Your right Mancini got sacked Monday at about 10 pm

After Tixxi and Pellegrini, happy Chappers should be next on the hit list....an embarrassment to the club in my opinion.

Damanino said:
InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
The irony is, Mancini was sacked with us finishing SECOND, 9 points behind United I think?

And personally I think Pellegrini will keep his job, yet we will have finished 3rd or most likely 4th, probably 15 points behind Chelsea.

But Chappy is ok with Pelle, so are the players. Yes they dont fight for him just like they didnt fight for Mancini, but that doesnt matter.

Five reasons he has to go now:

1 We need a player reaction, he cant get it any more
2 Hughes was sacked on a trajectory shortfall of points, if you run the same methodology used based on 2015 we will finish outside the top 4 guaranteed
3 He's given up
4 Give Patrick a chance with Kidd, lets give him a taste.
5 It is not permissible to lose a derby in that way from a winning position, this was a match when the winner would put things right, and our players and manager weren't arsed

Yes two offside goals, Vinnie injured blah blah blah but we just didn't turn up
It cannot be accepted. Full stop.

dancity19 said:
Ray78 said:
robbieh said:

I'm not so sure. Things can't get much worse. We have gone from being, on the 10th Jan, 2points behind Chelsea, 10 ahead of United, 14 ahead of Arsenal (although they had a game in hand).

We have lost 6 in 8.

IF the decision has been made to sack him, I'd do it now and put Vieira in. My only issue would be promoting him, to then demote him. My ideal scenario is do with United did with Giggs.

Dan and Robbie, agree with you both - 'not panicking' can also be viewed as being indecisive, dithering, and not being brave; the club should do that - and as for not acting because it's after a derby defeat, well that really would be letting United set the agenda at our club. Take a firm decision now, this week ; make the judgement that the trend is spiralling downwards this season. Something needs to change, and the easiest way to do that, is to bring Viera in > a new voice for the players to hear, someone who isn't virtually 2 generations older than them, and someone who will bring fresh ideas to the training ground, as I read the players have said MPs training is stale and lacks variety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.