Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

richards30 said:
Huge day for manuel today and a bad or heavy defeat should spell the end asap.

First time I've said this about a City manager since probably Pearce, but you're dead on.

I don't think Manuel Pellegrini is a bad manager, in fact I think he's a very talented manager with the ability to play highly entertaining and successful football. My problem is that it would have shown that he is unable to arrest this slide that we're in. Not that we should sack a manager whenever we go into a slide obviously, but the thought of losing top four this season is absolutely unthinkable in terms of what it will do to our FFP position and ability to perform again in the future.

If he cannot turn this around then he has to go and we need to rely on the new manager bounce and a reshuffle of the deck to limp over the line.

Again, it isn't a personal thing but just a fact that dropping out of the top four is more important than any player or manager that City have and must not be allowed to happen. People look at that 5 point gap to Southampton and aren't particularly worried. Perhaps they have forgotten that we have to play them again this season? And we have to go to Spurs. Then our generally unmotivated team that is just seeing the rest of the season out also have to play against two relegation strugglers who will be right up for it in Villa and QPR.

If he loses today, I fully expect him to be gone and Vieira in place before West Ham next Sunday

Damocles said:
richards30 said:
Huge day for manuel today and a bad or heavy defeat should spell the end asap.

First time I've said this about a City manager since probably Pearce, but you're dead on.

I don't think Manuel Pellegrini is a bad manager, in fact I think he's a very talented manager with the ability to play highly entertaining and successful football. My problem is that it would have shown that he is unable to arrest this slide that we're in. Not that we should sack a manager whenever we go into a slide obviously, but the thought of losing top four this season is absolutely unthinkable in terms of what it will do to our FFP position and ability to perform again in the future.

If he cannot turn this around then he has to go and we need to rely on the new manager bounce and a reshuffle of the deck to limp over the line.

Again, it isn't a personal thing but just a fact that dropping out of the top four is more important than any player or manager that City have and must not be allowed to happen. People look at that 5 point gap to Southampton and aren't particularly worried. Perhaps they have forgotten that we have to play them again this season? And we have to go to Spurs. Then our generally unmotivated team that is just seeing the rest of the season out also have to play against two relegation strugglers who will be right up for it in Villa and QPR.

If he loses today, I fully expect him to be gone and Vieira in place before West Ham next Sunday

I have to disagree, there is every chance he could turn this round so if we do sack him we have done so because we got jittery. We are going to be going through managers at a rate of knots if we do this. We have to stand behind a manager and hold our nerve at some point. There are no guarantees with either option but sacking the manager at this point and hoping we get a bounce is a dangerous road to go down imo. It's rash and I don't believe these sort of decisions should be made at a time when people are panicking.

Rijkaard's fate was sealed after 4-1 defeat against Real Madrid (3 games to go) but Barcelona didn't sack him until the end of the season. Even if we suffer that type of result, we still have six games left and there are no guarantees that Vieira can put that right either.

kalouk said:
I have to disagree, there is every chance he could turn this round so if we do sack him we have done so because we got jittery. We are going to be going through managers at a rate of knots if we do this. We have to stand behind a manager and hold our nerve at some point. There are no guarantees with either option but sacking the manager at this point and hoping we get a bounce is a dangerous road to go down imo. It's rash and I don't believe these sort of decisions should be made at a time when people are panicking.

Where's the evidence for him turning it around? he continues to play square pegs.

Who's panicking? this has been a chronic demise,nothing at all sudden.

If he picks a team today that gives us the best chance of a result,one which every other man and his dog would choose.......and shows us that his approach might change in the last few games and that he will adapt accordingly....... then,I agree,it would be unwise to remove him - I wont be holding my breath though.

Ray78 said:
Rijkaard's fate was sealed after 4-1 defeat against Real Madrid (3 games to go) but Barcelona didn't sack him until the end of the season. Even if we suffer that type of result, we still have six games left and there is also no guarantees Vieira can put that right either.

If we can't be up for it and put things right today we never will with MP at the helm

Ray78 said:
Rijkaard's fate was sealed after 4-1 defeat against Real Madrid (3 games to go) but Barcelona didn't sack him until the end of the season. Even if we suffer that type of result, we still have six games left and there is also no guarantees Vieira can put that right either.
Were they staring down the barrel of missing out on CL football?
I think we are at the moment.

Rather than worrying about 4-4-2 and getting beat, it would be interesting to see the reaction if we played that formation and won.

Personally I think that the formation is a easy stick to hit Pellegrini with as he has made some mistakes in the past. However I can count on one hand the times he has fucked up by playing 4-4-2 and most of them were in the CL.

It is the work rate and application of some of the players which has cost us this year. Nasri, Dzeko and Yaya only turn up when they want to and Silva and Kun have been lacking in the work rate department.

Rather than worrying about 4-4-2 and getting beat, it would be interesting to see the reaction if we played that formation and won.

Personally I think that the formation is a easy stick to hit Pellegrini with as he has made some mistakes in the past. However I can count on one hand the times he has fucked up by playing 4-4-2 and most of them were in the CL.

It is the work rate and application of some of the players which has cost us this year. Nasri, Dzeko and Yaya only turn up when they want to and Silva and Kun have been lacking in the work rate department.

city91 said:

It's funny that we have played better without 2 strikers though .
I agree about Nasri , Dzeko and Yaya .
Those 3 have had periods of being good this season .
None of them consistent like last season .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.