Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I'm not ITK on this but you're right. His time is clearly up and the only decision is whether it will do more harm than good by keeping him in place for the last few games or by sacking him now.

We are completely rudderless and look anything but a team,and,after yesterday,a laughing stock......so how can it do more harm than good?

Because we are on the outside and don't know what is really going on behind the scenes or the reasons for the woeful form or a host of other factors. What to us may look a 'no-brainer' may not be so clear cut to the people who actually know what is going on and charged with making the decisions.

jollylescott said:
Mister Appointment said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
You don't think they'll give Vieira a crack for a season? At Barcelona they promoted Guardiola from within and I think that perhaps they might try the same here.

Nah PV might be the guy to see out the season IF today's meetings go a certain way. But for the moment City are probably more focussed on making sure they land either target one or two this summer.

I fucking hope so anyway.

Based on this it could be an interesting next 24 to 48 hours.

What kind of "meeting" is there today?

A standard de-brief from the weekend game, or is there some big meeting been called? I haven't heard anything

The players aren't playing for the manager so give it Paddy on a caretaker basis until the end of the season. It'll be good experience for him and he can't do any worse. The only danger would be if he did too well and people started calling for him as permanent manager, as I don't think he's ready for that yet but that would be a nice problem to have at the moment.

We need a manager to come in with the balls to ditch the big names, like Guardiola did when he arrived at Barca. We are pretty much exactly where Barca were when they made that appointment, so we need to make the right one. Whoever comes in, getting Yaya out the door and replaced with a functioning midfield player has to be priority number one. Not sure Vieira the manager is a strong enough character to drop Yaya, he's a bit too close to a lot of them.

I would imagine Khaldoon was on the first flight into Manchester with instructions to sort this mess out.

Lomas has a lob on said:
jollylescott said:
Mister Appointment said:
Nah PV might be the guy to see out the season IF today's meetings go a certain way. But for the moment City are probably more focussed on making sure they land either target one or two this summer.

I fucking hope so anyway.

Based on this it could be an interesting next 24 to 48 hours.

What kind of "meeting" is there today?

A standard de-brief from the weekend game, or is there some big meeting been called? I haven't heard anything

It shouldnt come into the decision making, but I would it hate it if we sacked a manager immediately after a defeat to United. We'd never hear the last of it

Heard hes gone, heres transcript from the meeting;

Khaldoon "I am not too sure, lets wait until May then review Manuel's position. I missed the game yesterday, who scored for Stretford?"
Soriano "Young, Fellaini, Smalling..."
Khaldoon "sack the f*cker now"

robbieh said:
I was trying to think if there were any players on the staff who could do a temporary job and the only name that sprang out to me was

Lampard.

I know he has no managerial experience but is hugely respected in the game and I reckon he'd do a better job than Yaya or Vincent. He has played under some of the best managers in world football, Pellegrini notwithstanding.

Again, if PV is not the choice, I would rather take a punt on Frank than leave the dead man walking in position.
Said this last week, give Frank Lampard the last 6 games, he can't do any worse than Pellers

Everyone knows he is going to get the sack. With that being the case the club need to do it now. Why carry on with him in charge for the last few games? Can only do more bad than good.

It happened before with Hughes and Mancini which was a huge PR disaster from the club and did not put us in a good light at all.

The club need to be ruthless and sack him now.

Then review Txiki and Soriano's positions in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.