Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
High noon gone .
But Manuel still with us.
Looking like he might last out the full day of Monday .
On a serious note we should have sacked him last week .

Cant believe he is still manager, thought he'd be gone for lunchtime, no idea why tbh, Mancini wasn't sacked until late evening I think.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I'm not ITK on this but you're right. His time is clearly up and the only decision is whether it will do more harm than good by keeping him in place for the last few games or by sacking him now.

We are completely rudderless and look anything but a team,and,after yesterday,a laughing stock......so how can it do more harm than good?

I was trying to think if there were any players on the staff who could do a temporary job and the only name that sprang out to me was

Lampard.

I know he has no managerial experience but is hugely respected in the game and I reckon he'd do a better job than Yaya or Vincent. He has played under some of the best managers in world football, Pellegrini notwithstanding.

Again, if PV is not the choice, I would rather take a punt on Frank than leave the dead man walking in position.

supercity88 said:
The unfortunate thing is that we still have things to play for... had we at least sealed the top 3 but the club still wanted him out then we could give Vieira the first team for a while and see how things went. As it is, it's too big a job to sack Pellegrini now. How we could do with a player like Vieira in his prime to support Fernandinho. Fernandinho has been so good of late, next season with someone like Koke beside him we'll be a force again.

Mate, it's too big a job to not make a decision, to let things drift and be indecisive - that would be criminal. Based on our form since Xmas there is seriously no logic to keeping MP there any longer. Why on earth do you think keeping him will suddenly lead to us now changing form completely and going on a winning run? Look at who we've lost to already, including at our home fortress

tonethestone said:
Cant believe he is still manager, thought he'd be gone for lunchtime, no idea why tbh, Mancini wasn't sacked until late evening I think.
It might take till tomorrow .
When Mancini was sacked it was 2 days after the cup final .

supercity88 said:
The unfortunate thing is that we still have things to play for... had we at least sealed the top 3 but the club still wanted him out then we could give Vieira the first team for a while and see how things went. As it is, it's too big a job to sack Pellegrini now. How we could do with a player like Vieira in his prime to support Fernandinho. Fernandinho has been so good of late, next season with someone like Koke beside him we'll be a force again.

That sums up the current situation. Rijkaard was given the last 3 games despite it had been announced after a heavy defeat against Real Madrid that he was going to be replaced at the end of that season and their Champions League status not being assured.

Unfortunately he has been badly let down by this group of players. I like the guy but feel he will not be able to motivate this lot to get the results needed to finish the season.

Teams do not fear us and unfortunately he hasn't been able to make the necessary changes before or during games to make the difference.

Lets thank him and let him go. The problem is "Who?" - I don't think PV will take the gig without assurances for the long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.