Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigOscar said:
We need a manager to come in with the balls to ditch the big names, like Guardiola did when he arrived at Barca. We are pretty much exactly where Barca were when they made that appointment, so we need to make the right one. Whoever comes in, getting Yaya out the door and replaced with a functioning midfield player has to be priority number one. Not sure Vieira the manager is a strong enough character to drop Yaya, he's a bit too close to a lot of them.

I think how strong a character Viera is can be a little under-rated on here.

Viera was one of the best captains and leader there's ever been in the Premiership. He's a ruthless winner and I don't think he'd have any problem dropping Yaya.

CityFan94 said:
BigOscar said:
We need a manager to come in with the balls to ditch the big names, like Guardiola did when he arrived at Barca. We are pretty much exactly where Barca were when they made that appointment, so we need to make the right one. Whoever comes in, getting Yaya out the door and replaced with a functioning midfield player has to be priority number one. Not sure Vieira the manager is a strong enough character to drop Yaya, he's a bit too close to a lot of them.

Viera was one of the best captains and leader there's ever been in the Premiership. He's a ruthless winner and I don't think he'd have any problem dropping Yaya.
He's not the same manager as he was a player, or at least doesn't seem to be. He seems very nurturing, forgiving and generally reasonable, not at all like his playing persona

CityFan94 said:
BigOscar said:

I agree, I don't think Vieira would have a problem dropping Yaya. Then once Yaya has picked himself back up Vieira would also have the balls to tell him he's not in the team anymore ;-)

paul_blue said:
Everyone knows he is going to get the sack. With that being the case the club need to do it now. Why carry on with him in charge for the last few games? Can only do more bad than good.

It happened before with Hughes and Mancini which was a huge PR disaster from the club and did not put us in a good light at all.

The club need to be ruthless and sack him now.

Then review Txiki and Soriano's positions in the summer.

Indeed

paul_blue said:
Everyone knows he is going to get the sack. With that being the case the club need to do it now. Why carry on with him in charge for the last few games? Can only do more bad than good.

It happened before with Hughes and Mancini which was a huge PR disaster from the club and did not put us in a good light at all.

The club need to be ruthless and sack him now.

Then review Txiki and Soriano's positions in the summer.

Indeed

CityFan94 said:
BigOscar said:

If he is ever going to use those qualities, I would like to see him brought in with the full power & backing that his qualifactions deserve, not thrown into a shit storm without a parachute.

If he is special enough to manage City, then give him the job in the summer. If he isn't ready, let him continue his education in peace.

CityFan94 said:
BigOscar said:

Spot on. You think Vieira's going to play it soft when he's got a chance to prove himself as a manager? Not a chance! He'll sort the lazy players out and he'd also probably play a few youngsters to show that commitment and hard work can make the difference and that it doesn't matter how much a player cost or what he's done before, he has to work hard to be in the team.

Neville Kneville said:
CityFan94 said:
BigOscar said:

If he is ever going to use those qualities, I would like to see him brought in with the full power & backing that his qualifactions deserve, not thrown into a shit storm without a parachute.

If he is special enough to manage City, then give him the job in the summer. If he isn't ready, let him continue his education in peace.

Exactly right and it's the people that see him everyday that will know that, posters on here wanting him to be Guardiola, doesn't make it so.

supercity88 said:
CityFan94 said:
BigOscar said:

Spot on. You think Vieira's going to play it soft when he's got a chance to prove himself as a manager? Not a chance! He'll sort the lazy players out and he'd also probably play a few youngsters to show that commitment and hard work can make the difference and that it doesn't matter how much a player cost or what he's done before, he has to work hard to be in the team.

Damn right, this is his chance and he wouldn't waste it trying to appease lazy shits

Neville Kneville said:
CityFan94 said:
BigOscar said:

Looking at our current form, he is special enough to match what the team are doing under MP, if not improve it. He isn't so fragile that being asked to manage till the end of the season will do him or his reputation any long term damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.