Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

CityFan94 said:
Pellegrini picked the right team in fairness.

There's only so much a manager can do. I'm not Pellegrini's biggest fan and I think he should go in the summer, but the players let themselves down today.

It's a derby game, no matter what they think of the manager, the players should have given it everything they've got and they simply didn't.

They did the same with Mancini.

His job isn't to just pick the team it's to train them, improve them and motivate them!
The players haven't performed and deserve criticism but please don't try to use them to cover up his many many failings.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was off sooner rather than later after that!

On paper we've got a great team and our play at times is still good, but were not losing games because of a lack of talent, were losing games for 2 reasons.................

A lack or desire and effort, which is the minimum you should expect from "professionals".

A manager who fails to see glaring issues with regard to how we set up! 442 with Yaya in the 2 doesn't work, especially away from home. Then when he does change it, like today, he doesn't change the glaring issue of Fellaini!!

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if we saw Vieira in the dug out next week.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
There is nothing left to be gained from keeping Pellegrini in charge.

Sadly, I'd have to agree. I've defended a lot of what Pellegrini has said and done, but like every manager before him he must carry the can for the abortion that was that 2nd half performance, and our 2nd half of this season in general. Has allowed himself to lose control of the situation in quite spectacular fashion which just isn't good. I like seat of my pants football and I don't mind the fact that you have to leave the back door open to do that, but you have to get results, especially under pressure and big games. Pellegrini's not won anywhere near enough of the ones that really mattered this season.

As for the players. No revelations today. We know we need an influx of players. Lets hope if there's one bright side to day, it redoubles our efforts to land all our top targets this summer.

Fucking deeply depressed and I sort of wish the season was over because fuck me now we have a fight for the top 4.

Goater=Legend said:
C'mon you can't even blame him today for that showing.

The players he picked was correct, it wasn't his fault we have daft players not looking at the defensive line which you would of thought they've been working on since he's come here.

He should be working on these things! It's looking a lot like all he's done is maintained our attacking style as under mancini but ruined us defensively. He should also be working on our regressing set piece skills.

It looks like he's lost all trust from this team tbh.

Goater=Legend said:

The players he picked was correct, it wasn't his fault we have daft players not looking at the defensive line which you would of thought they've been working on since he's come here.

Players are playing bad but Pellegrini cant even motivate the team + poor gestion of Lampard, fail transfer with Fernando, Demichelis...

Goater=Legend said:

Milner up front?
Yaya in a two man midfield?
442 again?
Navas lightweight on the right giving Zab no protection?
Disorganised in defence?

All the managers responsibility. Get fucking rid now before we finish 5th behind Liverpool.

Should have been sacked a few weeks ago when the writing was clearly on the wall. He's stubborn and clueless. Played a 4-4-2 in disguise today the utter waster. 75 minutes of Navas, Toure as captain when he should have been off, set pieces that give the opposition the advantage, etc it's becoming totally predictable and boring. There is something fundamentally wrong at the club and needs sorting. What are they waiting for, until we hit 5th, because it's coming?

CityFan94 said:
Pellegrini picked the right team in fairness.

There's only so much a manager can do. I'm not Pellegrini's biggest fan and I think he should go in the summer, but the players let themselves down today.

It's a derby game, no matter what they think of the manager, the players should have given it everything they've got and they simply didn't.

They did the same with Mancini.

He picked the right team? Ermmmm...Navas in the right team? seriously? We are looking for goals and he decides to throw in Lampard and not Edin, He takes Milner out and leaves Navas on the pitch. Old man needs to go to the retirement home. Looks and acts too old to be 61.

He should be building the team from the back.
In times like these when we are playing really badly, our first priority should be to make us hard to beat.
We look like conceding every time a team attacks us.
It's been this way for months so aren't expecting any changes to his tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.