Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
flb said:
The club just doesn't have an advantage anymore like we did have when we first built the squad, at this moment in time our squad just isn't as good as Chelsea's , doesn't have the options that even United have on the bench and even Arsenal now are relaxing the purse strings now the Emirates is nearly paid for.

All we have yet again is a mountain of money to go full circle and totally rebuild the squad, believe me do you really see the likes of Pogba or Bale wanting to roll up at City? Would Sterling choose us over Chelsea or Arsenal?

We have badly got things wrong in topping up the squad since the first title win, quantity over quality and buying totally inadequate players for big money has seen us drop down the pecking order this season.

Does Pellegrini even rate Mangala for example? Ditto Fernando ? Has he been given poor tools to work with by our DoF?

Big big questions to be asked and to be honest what the fuck is going on?

exactly this. This stupid "holistic" approach was not what got us to Title contender status. It was signing proven, elite talent who would take us to the next level. Pellegrini is not to blame, rather Txiki and Soriano.

flb said:
The club just doesn't have an advantage anymore like we did have when we first built the squad, at this moment in time our squad just isn't as good as Chelsea's , doesn't have the options that even United have on the bench and even Arsenal now are relaxing the purse strings now the Emirates is nearly paid for.

All we have yet again is a mountain of money to go full circle and totally rebuild the squad, believe me do you really see the likes of Pogba or Bale wanting to roll up at City? Would Sterling choose us over Chelsea or Arsenal?

We have badly got things wrong in topping up the squad since the first title win, quantity over quality and buying totally inadequate players for big money has seen us drop down the pecking order this season.

Does Pellegrini even rate Mangala for example? Ditto Fernando ? Has he been given poor tools to work with by our DoF?

But do you see Pellegrini trying to changer it use different tactics i dont

Time too go MP, you've been very easily sussed out by supposedly inferior managers.

I want my manager to show leadership when the players are struggling, I want my manager to lead from the front, I want him to be vocal, I want him to change when things aren't going well, I want him to actually study the opposition and find their weakness and exploit it, I want him to command respect and be feared, I want him to not be so fucking stubborn when things aren't working out.

What I don't want is too look at the dugout when things have gone tits up again and see a man who looks like he's hiding and hasn't got a clue how to change things, he looks weak and scared and so far out of his depth it's frightening.

Step forward Paddy V for the rest of the season, a man that's got stature and has achieved everything as a player, good bye MP and take the other corpse look a like with you.

red 2 hats said:
Time too go MP, you've been very easily sussed out by supposedly inferior managers.

I want my manager to show leadership when the players are struggling, I want my manager to lead from the front, I want him to be vocal, I want him to change when things aren't going well, I want him to actually study the opposition and find their weakness and exploit it, I want him to command respect and be feared, I want him to not be so fucking stubborn when things aren't working out.

What I don't want is too look at the dugout when things have gone tits up again and see a man who looks like he's hiding and hasn't got a clue how to change things, he looks weak and scared and so far out of his depth it's frightening.

Step forward Paddy V for the rest of the season, a man that's got stature and has achieved everything as a player, good bye MP and take the other corpse look a like with you.

This all day

O v o x o said:
flb said:

exactly this. This stupid "holistic" approach was not what got us to Title contender status. It was signing proven, elite talent who would take us to the next level. Pellegrini is not to blame, rather Txiki and Soriano.
Oh, no. He's to blame. Let's not lose sight of his tactical inflexibility, his desire to chop and change the defense at any opportunity, and his baffling, continuous selection of players either off-form or just damn poor (Dzeko, Navas) while giving the hook to others at the drop of a hat (Nasri, Milner.)

Pellers has clearly lost the players and the dressing room. What is so clear is that the players do not believe in his tactics and having been found out, they go out as willing lambs to the slaughter. Palace were clearly going to stick everyone behind the ball, as most teams have done and rely on set pieces or a quick break. Despite knowing exactly what Palace were going to do, Pellers starts 4-4-2. Totally and utterly insane. It was going to be impossible to thread the ball through a 9/10 man defence, so it should have been 5 across the midfield and sergio up front.

Pellers has no ideas, no vision and no plan. He clearly has no ability to change and more importantly, clearly does not think he needs to change.

City are a 3 Michelin Star Restaurant (the owner) with a head chef who should be cooking at Nandos. City have fantastic, proven players and Pellers does not know how to handle them. He does not know how to motivate them, has no level relationship with them and they clearly do not trust him.

This charming man should do the decent thing and resign. And his miserable morgue faced assistant is in desperate need of fucking smile...........

OB1 said:
Blueboy73 said:
The sooner he goes the better before we drop any further. Possesion doesnt win you matches goals do, and they don't happen unless you shoot and stop trying to walk the ball in.

It's fair to criticise but we have more shots per game than any other team in the league and we had more shots than our average tonight; we are also joint top scorers in the league. We have not been clinical enough but the bigger problem has been defensively.

And our defensive problems are largely his fault with his continual rotation.

flb said:

Jovetic gone. Negredo gone. Bony in but not played. So we are reliant on Dzeko who has been garbage all season.

Couldn't mis-manage better if we tried.

Changes the defence more than I change my trousers .
For fuck sake pick a settled back 4 .
Another gripe defending on set pieces .
We look a pile of shite defending at corners and free kicks .
I don't know what Pellergrini does in training .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.