Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva_Spell said:
skybluepete said:
Juan King said:
I think so too, but I'm not sure the signings are down to him. I think Cheeky needs to be looked at too!

It might seem a bit of an over reaction but tbh i wouldnt mind seeing both tixi and soriano get the boot along with pellegrini and at the end of the season or sooner.
Im not immpressed with the 2 barca boys and what they've done since they came in.
After both title winning seasons we have stood still instead of stepping on again.
After the first title win Mancini was quite vociferous in letting us all kno who he wanted to strengthen
1- de-Rossi or Martinez - barca boys delivered Garcia on last day - PANIC !!!!
2- van persie - they didn't deliver a striker
3-hazard - they delivered Scott Sinclair

Fuck me , that wasnt strengthening the squad was it ?? - have i missed any players out we bought there ?
Im not sure who pellegrini wanted in the summer and who he actually got but he's management and tactics have been pretty poor all season for me , i dont think we've played great and he's turned the meanest defence in the premier league for the last 3 or 4 seasons into a bit of a laughing stock and to top it off we look like were having major problems banging the ball in the net - aguero is struggling like fuck at the moment , he needs a goal and quickly.
4 wins out of the last 14 games with 7 defeats is sacking tackle - simple as.
If we turn up Sunday we will still beat them c---s, but if we dont could be a fucking painful monday and we better start looking over our shoulder and not let Lpool get any closer coz if we drop out of that top 4 were right in the shite .

Once again, Txiki did not join until after all that!

Txiki's first piece of business was selling Balotelli in Jan 2013

Apologies - was it marwood who was at the helm at that time ?

Regardless i still think tixi has wasted fortunes on ordinary players , wouldn't lose any sleep if we got rid of this trio.

FanchesterCity said:
We are not getting Pep Guardiola.
We are not Barcelona.
We don't need or want to be Barcelona.
We have been fortunate enough to be able to buy players to make our own Manchester City history, but we don't need to try and buy a make believe 'Barcelona blueprint'.

We are Manchester City, and we'll have to do things our own way (which will evolve as it does with any other club).

If City believe Manuel's the man, then back him to the hilt and let him build a new team. If they don't then sack him and get a new man in. But for the love of God don't keep him in place 'biding time' over some Barcelonaesque pipe dream.
'kin 'ell that's twice tonight I agree with you.

southstand117 said:
Bluep*ss said:
Stop f*ckin' about with the defence. - That is what I would say to Pellergrini. I am not going to resurect the Mancini or Pellers debate BUT Mancini had a settled defence.

This season has turned into a nightmare and we still got the Rags - away - to come.
This is what I can't understand!! Won the last game, kept a clean sheet and he fucks about with defence. Chelsea (bar the odd game) have had a settled back 5 ALL season. He has no excuses for it.

This is totally agree with but not just the defence the whole team. Pick your best team and stick to it. Have we ever played the same 11 two games in a row this season. Make minimum changes due to injury, suspension etc to see if it improves/ worsens the team not six or seven every week.

We go into this Sunday with seven or eight places up for debate surely this is not helping.

I don't think you can argue with what Soriano has done. The club is raking in the dough and he has steered us successfully through FFP.

txiki and Pellegrini, however, have serious question marks. It's too late for Pellegrini imo, he has sealed his fate with his constant chopping of the defence whilst continuing to play Navas and his fucking stupid tactics game after game, even though we played our best when we only had one, or sometimes even no strikers.

Txiki, has seemingly bought poorly. But what I want to know is this whole holistic business and playing the same football from youth to senior team. If it's this shit system were playing now then he wants sacking. If it isn't tjis shit system, then why isn't he hauling Pellegrini over the coals for not playing the 'holistic' system?

He needs to answer some questions.

cleavers said:
FanchesterCity said:
We are not getting Pep Guardiola.
We are not Barcelona.
We don't need or want to be Barcelona.
We have been fortunate enough to be able to buy players to make our own Manchester City history, but we don't need to try and buy a make believe 'Barcelona blueprint'.

We are Manchester City, and we'll have to do things our own way (which will evolve as it does with any other club).

If City believe Manuel's the man, then back him to the hilt and let him build a new team. If they don't then sack him and get a new man in. But for the love of God don't keep him in place 'biding time' over some Barcelonaesque pipe dream./
'kin 'ell that's twice tonight I agree with you.

Me too, especially the highlighted bit. It feels like we are in limbo waiting for the chosen one to arrive. He turned us down, we should get over it and move on. A club with our status and ambition should not be waiting in the wings for anyone.
Look for the best man for the job and employ him. If he doesn't want to come, then move on to the next one.
This obsession with Pep is grating to say the least. Move on City ffs.

Posted something earlier but it seems to have got lost in the ether...

Personally I felt Pellers was off in the summer anyway so not sure tonight makes much difference. I am surprised at how rank our form has been this year to the extent I am no longer confident of a top three spot. Not sure what can be done about it as sacking Pellers before season end was not something I entertained or thought made any sense. Trouble is I am not sure keeping the guy helps much either.

Ferran and Txiki can't let it continue because they are burning political capital so they have to act either by shoring Pellers up until the summer or pulling the trigger. Shoring up is unlikely to work at this stage and if they pull the trigger who the hell do they get in to mind the shop?

When they axed Mancini 2nd was pretty much a given but right now we are staring 4th in the face and given our record in Europe the board will not welcome the prospect of pre qualification for the CL.

It's a bloody mess and right now I have no idea as to the best course of action.

IWasHere said:
CitizenTID said:
4 wins out of the last 14 is sacking time for any manger.

Four.

Cuatro.

I'm not one of the pitchfork mob,

but...

Four.

Never learns. He'll play 442 on Sunday, then we'll get beat, then after the match he'll say" we played very well but didn't take our chances". Then repeat.

Groundhog Day!!

We cannot keep this manager for another season.
If we do we are obviously waiting for Pep.

If we do it will be a fucking huge mistake.

Shambolic season. Our form the last few months has been beyond appalling, and I'd argue the only time we've really got it together was when his hand was forced when all the strikers were out.

He has to go.

Disappointed he is still there. If we persist with him I really fear the rot will set in and set us back years.

All that said, I agree with him - no idea how we lost that game. Other than his persistence with the pointless Navas. And Lampard tbh. Nasri should have been on much earlier.

super_city_si said:
I don't think you can argue with what Soriano has done. The club is raking in the dough and he has steered us successfully through FFP.

txiki and Pellegrini, however, have serious question marks. It's too late for Pellegrini imo, he has sealed his fate with his constant chopping of the defence whilst continuing to play Navas and his fucking stupid tactics game after game, even though we played our best when we only had one, or sometimes even no strikers.

Txiki, has seemingly bought poorly. But what I want to know is this whole holistic business and playing the same football from youth to senior team. If it's this shit system were playing now then he wants sacking. If it isn't tjis shit system, then why isn't he hauling Pellegrini over the coals for not playing the 'holistic' system?

He needs to answer some questions.

This is what i dont quite get. Paddy's lads don't really play like the first team, they still like a bit of possession but their style is more pacey and dynamic. Pretty much always 433 as well with quick tricky wingers and fullbacks. If thats the style we want, why is the first team playing this slow 442 stuff? Does this mean that Pelle is just a stop gap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.