Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The set pieces have gone beyond a joke now, what the fuck do they do in training?. It's got to the point were we should just kick it out for a goal kick when we get a corner as we are more likely to concede from an opposition counter attack than score from one. 442 is another nail in his coffin, fucking blinkers on he has when it comes to setting up the team, despite so many positive results when we go away from this formation, our best run of results this season came when all our strikers were injured and he had to revert to five in the middle with Milner up front. We were solid at the back and scoring freely. Finally transfers I know Txiki takes most the blame but he has to take some of the blame for this. he's boring to listen too

Thank you Pellegrini, unlike some I appreciate how he's helped us win two trophies, mainly winning us the Premier League back.

Tactically though I agree he's been poor, but equally the team as a whole has underperformed and this is down to the players, not the managers. The squad we have is an aging one, one of the oldest average ages in the Premier League, and no names but there are some players on our team who shouldn't be near a team fighting for the title.

Pellegrini will probably get the blame for our season but frankly our squad is declining. I personally say give Pellegrini full backing in the transfer market - fuck this "holistic" approach and go back to spending big bucks for big players. Tired of these shit feckers like Fernando, Demichelis etc. being signed when how we got to where we are was signing big names ( Tevez, Aguero, Yaya, Silva) etc.

I say keep Pellegrini, he's won us a premier league title ffs... how can you dare question is capability at the helm. Give him support in the transfer market, give him the opportunity to spend big like Mancini did and he'll progress us in the CL and continue winning Premier League titles.

flb said:
I honestly don't think Txiki knows what to do next, there clearly is a lack of suitable candidates for ANY top job in football right now, the pool has dried up so to speak.

Who's out there?

Klopp, a gamble,
Ancelotti, will he leave or get sacked from Madrid?
Simeoni, just signed a new deal at AM
Pep, doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon
PV, surely too big a gamble , certainly with big new players coming in in the summer.

I'm sorry but I just can't see us changing the manager for changing sake.

Will Soriano and Txiki hold there nerves with Pellegrini.

The season is over, expect waves of empty seats for the run in .

The biggest gamble of all will be leaving him in charge until the end of the season.

I genuinely can't see where the next win's coming from and I genuinely think we'll finish 5th.

I was about to pour scorn on this, then I remembered that a couple of weeks ago I was sure we were absolutely nailed on to finish a very comfortable second at worst.

Decc66 said:
flb said:
I honestly don't think Txiki knows what to do next, there clearly is a lack of suitable candidates for ANY top job in football right now, the pool has dried up so to speak.

Who's out there?

Klopp, a gamble,
Ancelotti, will he leave or get sacked from Madrid?
Simeoni, just signed a new deal at AM
Pep, doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon
PV, surely too big a gamble , certainly with big new players coming in in the summer.

I'm sorry but I just can't see us changing the manager for changing sake.

Will Soriano and Txiki hold there nerves with Pellegrini.

The season is over, expect waves of empty seats for the run in .

The biggest gamble of all will be leaving him in charge until the end of the season.

We cannot and surely will not take that gamble. I think had we had no manager we would have won 4 out of 14 so he has added nothing!

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
taconinja said:
I wish we had moved on Simeone when we had the opportunity.

Did we ever have the opportunity though ?
I think he was likely a consideration when we went with Pellegrini. I think the warning signs have been going off like signal flares all season this year and we could have moved before he signed the extension. And as stated, he's available, but will cost more money.

robbieh said:
I thought everything was OK because Pellegrini talks to Jack Byrne when he passes him in the corridor.

And anyway we have been assured by the Cabal that Manuel's job is safe because their contacts have told them so.

Like!

Fuck winning titles. So long as the assistant to the assistant of the assistant sock washer gets a cheery "hello" EVERY day that's all that matters.

Or so the Bluemoon nuanced massive would have us believe.

Summerbuzz said:
I genuinely can't see where the next win's coming from and I genuinely think we'll finish 5th.

I was about to pour scorn on this, then I remembered that a couple of weeks ago I was sure we were absolutely nailed on to finish a very comfortable second at worst.

Rubbish. We can't AFFORD to finish 5th if we're expecting to be better next season. Very few clubs can.

It would be a nightmare not just financially but in getting quality players to improve us especially with FFP constraints we can't spend big like we did a few summers ago buying world class players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.