Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to him for putting out a team worthy of getting through whilst giving needed rest to a couple of important players. Job well done this weekend.

Sevilla away, now Norwich away, Sterling and Navas offering pace and width. I wonder whether the manager is mulling over some major changes?

Funny how nobody is complaining about 442! Would love to see Biny and Nacho next time Kun is injured instead of Bony on his own

Nobody complains about formations. People complain about choosing the same formation regardless of opponents and then playing ageing slow midfielders in inappropriate roles within it.

442 is the right formation for some situations, particularly with solid midfielders and a second striker who can put in a proper shift.

Sevilla away, now Norwich away, Sterling and Navas offering pace and width. I wonder whether the manager is mulling over some major changes?

I think it's clearly our best formation at present - Doesn't mean shoehorning KDB and Silva into the same side (Unless you play KDB as a striker and Silva as a 10), we get pace and balance on both flanks, and both have the athleticism to work hard tracking back or working inside to help the middle if need be.

You mean playing wingers on the wing is a good idea?!?

Line up today was great, almost everyone in their natural positions. We have a good squad, we don't need to shoehorn our "star" players into every starting 11, it's clear we're better off with a balanced 11 (unsurprisingly).

So Nacho scores again and has a great game again. Will no doubt be benched for shithouse Bony again in the next game.

Have to agree,what has he to do to get a run in the side,either alongside aguero or as a sub,bony has had his chance out injured again so nacho should get his spot,also hope he's named in the champions league squad for the knockout stages..

Fucking hell.

You complain when he doesn't play the kid, and then when he does, you dont enjoy the fact you got what you wanted, you just fucking whine about how he might not play him next week.

And for the record, last time he had a good cup game, he started him in the league.

Line up today was great, almost everyone in their natural positions. We have a good squad, we don't need to shoehorn our "star" players into every starting 11, it's clear we're better off with a balanced 11 (unsurprisingly).
Yes, but it falls down in Europe against the top teams. We just need to be tactically flexible.

I agree, but this means some high profile players are going to be on the bench. I don't see how you get Yaya, Silva on KDB into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.