Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually this is incorrect and we have plenty of people on this forum and in the fanbase at large who believe 4-4-2 is an inherently inferior formation that smacks of Mike Bassett, flat caps and glam rock
We also have some flat earthers...

Like we did last time?
To be fair to Pellers he gave us a new attacking dimension in 2013-14 with the purchase of Navas and The Beast and the opposition never really got a grip on it. Last season, however, they did get a grip on it and it showed.
The Mancini defensive drills still had an influence on the players for that first season and when we were in trouble we fell back into Mancini's zonal thinking and it meant we defended reasonably well even when players broke through. Now though we are totally man-for-man and if a player brakes through we're fucked - Liverpool was the classic example. Defenders & midfielders streaming back didn't know who to pick up or what to do.

Pellegrini says kelechi has improved alot and will get more minutes!

Yay ;-)

Whilst I am not a Pellers fan and that is well documented, I just wonder if he has been managing him really well. He was almost challenging Nacho to step up and try even harder and just maybe today was his coming of age.

If we win stuff this season it will be in spite of Pellegrini not because.

Not a Pellers fan but I thought today he had it spot on. Tactics perfect and now it's whether he has the courage to think about a fluid team and maybe starting to rest the likes of Yaya, Fernandinho and Silva. If he carries on his thought process from today I think he can take us to at least a couple of trophies this season. If he reverts to type than we will be back where we were.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.