Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being combative pal

Just hate for us to waste another chance to dominate our league especially with traditional rivals the rags and Chelaea in turmoil

We all would mate but Im confident we will finish the season with at least the league title again I really am.

Genuine question.

If we got confirmation this afternoon that Pep is coming in the summer, not that we need it, do those not happy with Pellgrini still want him sacked right away and an interim brought in with no guarantees whatsoever that the season will pan out differently, in fact it could pan out far worse?

Thats very much the situation we as a club are in right now and for me, its ridiculous to sack a manager so close to a natural change any way it really is.

If we have success this season thats fantastic and he goes with his head held high and if we dont, he is gone any way so who gives a fuck!

I've been counting down the days until Pellegrini leaves for 18 months. I always thought he was a fraud. A cuckoo of a manager who came in and won trophies with the previous manager's team.

I used to get angry about his incompetence. The 442 against Bayern at home, then when he played Fernando and Milner in a 2 man midfield against Barcelona was I think the nadir of my frustration with Pellegrini. I knew in those two games that he was blagging it, and I began counting down the days until we got a proper manager in.

Since I got word that Guardiola is coming, I've stopped being angry, even stopped being frustrated. I'm just looking forward to next season when we have a proper manager who deserves to be on the same training field as this incredible squad of players.

Replacing Pellegrini now with an interim manager will serve no purpose. The squad is that good, that even Pellegrini would struggle not to get top 2 in this league, which is extremely competitive, but lacks real class at the top end.

People tell me he's a nice man, so I wish him nothing but the best. I hope we win the league, possibly even a domestic cup too. But I've thought for a long time that he doesn't get the most out of the talent in the squad. I've seen nothing to change my mind.

I'm just excited and looking forward to a manager that not only handles a terrific squad of players, but adds something himself and gets even more out of them as a team than the sum of their individual player's talent.

There's no point getting angry with Pellegrini anymore. It's not going to change him, it's not going to change the fact he's leaving in the summer no matter what. Even the Pellegrini supporters seem to reluctantly acknowledge that we're getting a huge upgrade in the summer, so let's all look forward to that.

Pellegrini is the right man to lead us for the next 6 months. Simply because he's already there and we have the right man arriving in June.

I agree with that and I've tried not to go on any particular rants at Pellegrini because I appreciate there are some reasons beyond his control as to why we've been under performing. it's been a collective malaise from both the players and manager this last few months, made worse by none of the other clubs putting points on the board and generally looking haphazard.
It's just frustration, mainly because of how good we can be.

It's very frustrating; let's hope we are all walking out of the Etihad with smiles on our faces tomorrow tea time.

True but a statement that brings out the worst in folk right now so keep that one quiet mate ;-)

I agree totally and playing as mediocre as we are that's testament to our stickability! But as we all know that could change very quickly :-(

For me personally, especially right now, league is #1 priority then top 3 or 4th at worst
Anything else is gravy

However that will change If/when Pep takes over! Then it's nothing short of total world domination within 2-3 years ;-)

We all would mate but Im confident we will finish the season with at least the league title again I really am.

If we get through this period now & past Liverpool's Champions League Final v City at Anfield & are still in a good position, I think we will go up a level & Arse will go down a couple.

We have to keep them under pressure, then they will crack, without a shadow of a doubt. If we let them get away, then they might stay there, but even then their arses will start to go.

We are in a great position right now.

But we should e in a better one imo.

So.......................to sum up the last few pages its not all doom and gloom and dare i say it, we can all go back to being mates again? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.